• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok but again, female gorillas irl have muscular builds too, so it's gender neutral.

Sobble is 007 in the dex alongside the blatant spy theming. Who's the most famous spy in British media?
Look. I just wanted a feminine starter evolution design. Not gender neutral and not masculine (because imo gender neutrality tends to look more masculine than not). I just wanted a starter I can sympathize with. It’s either the jock, the meathead, or the spy. And none of those super interest me. And there are plenty of Pokémon in the Dex that do. I listed them out a while ago. But the starter is supposed to be your main companion. The one that grows and evolves with you. Your best friend. And none of them fit this function for me. So what’s even the point of having a starter then?

D

Deleted member

Look. I just wanted a feminine starter evolution design. Not gender neutral and not masculine (because imo gender neutrality tends to look more masculine than not). I just wanted a starter I can sympathize with. It’s either the jock, the meathead, or the spy. And none of those super interest me. And there are plenty of Pokémon in the Dex that do. I listed them out a while ago. But the starter is supposed to be your main companion. The one that grows and evolves with you. Your best friend. And none of them fit this function for me. So what’s even the point of having a starter then?
cinderace is a lesbian so idk what you're on about

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Sobble is 007 in the dex alongside the blatant spy theming. Who's the most famous spy in British media?
IMO Sobble’s evo is still distanced from Bond a bit by the way its “outfit” is designed, with the lack of sleeves and stuff. Can you imagine Bond wearing that? (If Bond did wear something like that in a movie, please correct me.) I think it also helps to give it a bit more gender ambiguity.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If you really don't click with any of the starters it's not the end of the world - I can't usually bring myself to box one, but I wasn't massive on the Gen 5 starters either, yet I loved a lot of the other mon in that gen so it was okay having just 1/6 of my team I was okayish with

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Good to see people basing their best friends on looks.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just dont play pokemon

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
IMO Sobble’s evo is still distanced from Bond a bit by the way its “outfit” is designed, with the lack of sleeves and stuff. Can you imagine Bond wearing that? (If Bond did wear something like that in a movie, please correct me.) I think it also helps to give it a bit more gender ambiguity.
The pattern on their bellies is meant to invoke a tie actually
See, there's a huge difference between "I don't like it" and "These are too masculine even if they're just gender neutral like most Pokemon". If it's the first one, people may not agree, but understand. The latter is flatout wrong and an excuse to say you don't like them while trying to sound more sophisticated

If you can't feel a bond with your starter due to the evolutions, there are 2 options. Stop them from evolving by pressing the B button when they try to or give them an Everstone so they won't be able to try. Or 2: Replace your starter. You can theoretically ignore your starter for the rest of the game as soon as you get a second Pokemon by putting them in a box

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I think the only one of my favourites (Dragonite, Flygon, Kabutops, Banette, Slowking, Xatu) that seems gender coded is Slowking - all the rest are a lot more neutral

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have, and I'm hype, and thank you.

It basically confirms what AestheticGamer leaked back in like April. What's confusing is that he didn't know about or hint at Project Resistance, which is clearly built on the RE2 engine, so it brings up the question of what Project Resistance is.

My guess it that it spawned from development of RE2, and they decided to split it from RE2 because they felt it was an unnecessary component. Then-- and this is tinfoil hat time-- they don't yet have a real title (Capcom has said multiple times Project Resistance isn't the final title) because it's actually going to be a component of the RE3make-- in part because RE3 is a shorter game than RE2, thus offering less overall content despite higher expectations after RE2make's success.

I think we're going to get a surprise when RE3make is officially announced and it's shown that Project Resistance is actually a major part of that game, thus confirming AestheticGamer's cheeky "RE3 isn't what you think it is" comments.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I have, and I'm hype, and thank you.

It basically confirms what AestheticGamer leaked back in like April. What's confusing is that he didn't know about or hint at Project Resistance, which is clearly built on the RE2 engine, so it brings up the question of what Project Resistance is.

My guess it that it spawned from development of RE2, and they decided to split it from RE2 because they felt it was an unnecessary component. Then-- and this is tinfoil hat time-- they don't yet have a real title (Capcom has said multiple times Project Resistance isn't the final title) because it's actually going to be a component of the RE3make-- in part because RE3 is a shorter game than RE2, thus offering less overall content despite higher expectations after RE2make's success.

I think we're going to get a surprise when RE3make is officially announced and it's shown that Project Resistance is actually a major part of that game, thus confirming AestheticGamer's cheeky "RE3 isn't what you think it is" comments.
With a nickname like RE3make, it'd be a crying shame not to reveal it at E3

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
The pattern on their bellies is meant to invoke a tie actually
I can see that, although I always thought it was just supposed to be where they’re wearing two sleeveless shirts, with the upper dark blue one having a triangular concave cut at the bottom and the white second shirt having a convex triangular cut.

Since we don’t actually know their intention (unless they’ve talked about it in an interview or something,) perhaps this ambiguity in interpretation is intentional, for all we know? After all, we’re trying to apply human clothing concepts to an animal that’s completely separate from them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Welp, I now know every new gen 8 Pokémon. Playing the game unspoiled and discovering these guys as I went was some of the most fun I’ve ever had with a Pokémon game, and I think that’s the way I’m gonna go into every Pokémon game from here on out.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Just got Sword through Gamefly. Been very critical of Gamefreak for the past few months, hopefully my mind will change after playing this for a bit.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Welp, I now know every new gen 8 Pokémon. Playing the game unspoiled and discovering these guys as I went was some of the most fun I’ve ever had with a Pokémon game, and I think that’s the way I’m gonna go into every Pokémon game from here on out.
That's the way I've gone into literally every Pokemon I've ever played.

Part of the initial challenge is not knowing types and guessing based purely on the design what its multiple types are, its native attributes and what moves it could possibly know. Then being surprised when you're either spot-on or *way* off.

D

Deleted member

Oh **** I was going to ask my parents if I could use a little bit of my savings for something, and I was taking a picture.
Accidentally send just the picture. Wish me luck!
Okay, update on the above:

For the first time, it's not a "No" just "We'll discuss this later" so hopefully they say yes. Doubtful thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom