• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're putting words in his mouth. The argument has been centered over why Rillaboom isn't some Candy Kong-looking Pokemon. If you can't even understand that, then you should cut the debate and reflect before someone else blocks you.
I think that’s where the disconnect is. I’m not just upset about Grookey. If some other final evolution made me fall in love with it then I wouldn’t be here complaining. It’s why I tried to reign myself in before we saw all three and especially before release because there was a chance the leaks could have been fake. None of them did. My problem isn’t solved by gorillas not having real life sexual dimorphism because that’s not the whole problem.

Also, there are ways to have the design be feminine without being Candy Kong. I posted a rough design for one a while ago to prove that.
I figured since I’ve been talking **** all day, I should put my money where my mouth is and do my own design for Grookey 3.
98F6AACD-D9EA-4E7C-8930-4664E258BF61.jpeg

I call her, Gorocka. After a name from one fake text leak a while back. I don’t necessarily think it’s objectively better then what GameFreak did. Or that I’m better then GameFreak or whatever. All I know is I like this design better, it’s more in line with 1 and 2, it’s what I was picturing for the character for many months now, and I just wanted to put on paper.
I never wanted Candy Kong sexualization.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jesus ****ing christ, i just finished reading Frankenstein(part of our current project)

I won't lie, I shed a few tears here and there

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Boomer Frankenstein's monster.

Edit: Gonna be going to work today. Gonna go in early so I can use their internet with my Switch.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Frankenstein is good, I dressed up as the monster a couple years ago. Painted myself green and everything. Good times.

D

Deleted member

Boomer Frankenstein's monster.

Edit: Gonna be going to work today. Gonna go in early so I can use their internet with my Switch.
That gif that's in your sig thou....
1574437954035.png

ahem... yeah, Frankenstein is one of those stories that I've read before, but never really went "wait, why did he do that?" until now.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh **** I was going to ask my parents if I could use a little bit of my savings for something, and I was taking a picture.
Accidentally send just the picture. Wish me luck!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was doing surprise trades yesterday and got a Pokémon I didn’t know existed.

Dreepy which looks pretty cool. I’m also guessing it’s the psudeo by that type combo? Ghost and Dragon is awesome

it looks like this one was being bred with likely high ivs. It has infiltrator. I also got another with cursed body. One of which is foreign too.

So that’s my first Masuda method right there.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I was doing surprise trades yesterday and got a Pokémon I didn’t know existed.

Dreepy which looks pretty cool. I’m also guessing it’s the psudeo by that type combo? Ghost and Dragon is awesome

it looks like this one was being bred with likely high ivs. It has infiltrator. I also got another with cursed body. One of which is foreign too.

So that’s my first Masuda method right there.

I won't spoil it, but it evolves into something really cool - honestly my favourite Gen 8 mon, and one of the few things that could've swayed me towards buying the game

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think that’s where the disconnect is. I’m not just upset about Grookey. If some other final evolution made me fall in love with it then I wouldn’t be here complaining. It’s why I tried to reign myself in before we saw all three and especially before release because there was a chance the leaks could have been fake. None of them did. My problem isn’t solved by gorillas not having real life sexual dimorphism because that’s not the whole problem.

Also, there are ways to have the design be feminine without being Candy Kong. I posted a rough design for one a while ago to prove that. I never wanted Candy Kong sexualization.
Ngl you're acting like the kind of person who assumes all pink fish must be female fish because only Sobble's final evo is gender coded due to the James Bond inspiration

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Am I just tripping on **** or did the thread title change from 'The' Social Thread to 'A' Social Thread overnight?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ngl you're acting like the kind of person who assumes all pink fish must be female fish because only Sobble's final evo is gender coded due to the James Bond inspiration
Come on. The muscles? The sports? Yes, girls can have them/enjoy them and there’s nothing wrong that. But that doesn’t not make them masculine coded things.

Also, if Sobble is James Bond then I’m the queen of England.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Come on. The muscles? The sports? Yes, girls can have them/enjoy them and there’s nothing wrong that. But that doesn’t not make them masculine coded things.

Also, if Sobble is James Bond then I’m the queen of England.
Ok but again, female gorillas irl have muscular builds too, so it's gender neutral.

Sobble is 007 in the dex alongside the blatant spy theming. Who's the most famous spy in British media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom