• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
What? You have to admit it’s a tad hypocritical.
Gonna be real with ya Snake. I'm a Christian myself and I find that a bit offensive. I definitely agree that there are bad seeds, but, that's the case for everywhere. I don't like this mindset one bit since it's a stereotype that's factually incorrect. Yeah, a lot of old Christian's display racist or LGBT phobic tendencies, but us younger generations usually don't.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be real with ya Snake. I'm a Christian myself and I find that a bit offensive. I definitely agree that there are bad seeds, but, that's the case for everywhere. I don't like this mindset one bit since it's a stereotype that's factually incorrect. Yeah, a lot of old Christian's display racist or LGBT phobic tendencies, but us younger generations usually don't.
-says he's a christian
giphy (1).gif

Ahem...... now I'm really curious about the context, honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm only gonna make one post on this since this kinda talk could easily turn into "debate hall worthy", but it's something that strikes a chord with me, so a few quick things.

1.) ITA, Shroob.
2.) Gonna leave this quote here:

"Christians also make mistakes, just like non-Christians do. My faith doesn't make me perfect, it makes me forgiven. And, it provides me the assurance I looked for half my life ago."- Peyton Manning

3. Stereotyping and making blanket statements/generalizations isn't fair. It's part of logical fallacy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Same as Hat N' Clogs, I'll make a serious post on this, then I'm just going to drop it.
As an Atheist, and going by no other context, eh. Seems like this has happened before, and assuming I'm reading the subtext right, I really agree.
Although, you could use the argument Shroob used with pretty much any other community based-thing , so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I wanted Ball Guy memes, so I looked up Ball Guy Memes.

I then swiftly proceeded to fix the search to, "Pokemon Ball Guy Memes".

Behave, Google.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In this essay I will explain why the superior version of “I’m A Believer” is the version partly sung by Eddie Murphy at the end of the 2001 Dreamworks movie “Shrek”

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
In this essay I will explain why the superior version of “I’m A Believer” is the version partly sung by Eddie Murphy at the end of the 2001 Dreamworks movie “Shrek”
Have you not heard the version Smash Mouth made specifically for the Shrek soundtrack?

It plays on rotation at work, I can't help but bop to it whenever it comes on

that, and "I Want it that Way" by Backstreet Boys are my kryptonite.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You don't need an essay to explain why the version sung by Eddie Murphy is superior to every other version not sung by Eddie Murphy.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Friendly reminder that if Monokuma gets announced as FP5, and assuming there are cameos, Sans & Komaeda will finally get to meet each other.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So we're talking about religion now?

Nah, miss me with that. This convo is going nowhere.

Now, I saw that pages back, JWittz was mentioned, and I was like, wow, that's a name I haven't heard in a long while.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm only gonna make one post on this since this kinda talk could easily turn into "debate hall worthy", but it's something that strikes a chord with me, so a few quick things.

1.) ITA, Shroob.
2.) Gonna leave this quote here:

"Christians also make mistakes, just like non-Christians do. My faith doesn't make me perfect, it makes me forgiven. And, it provides me the assurance I looked for half my life ago."- Peyton Manning

3. Stereotyping and making blanket statements/generalizations isn't fair. It's part of logical fallacy.
What does the Intercollegiate Tennis Association have to do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom