• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Your ability to feel such burning hatred for fictional things will never cease to sadden me.

Not amaze, just sadden.
Ditto here. Like, Snake, you have the right to hate it, but you're going to such lengths to do so, you can just say you hate the design and move on.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, I don't even want to maim and kill my most hated fictional character.

I'm so humble :yoshi:
i don’t even have a most hated fictional character, really. I just don’t see the need to put energy into hating things, except for the most abhorrent real world stuff. It just makes me feel bad inside, when I’m hating something. Not worth it 90% of the time. Especially not for fiction.

Except for that **** who trades you a Haunter holding an ever stone **** her

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Your ability to feel such burning hatred for fictional things will never cease to sadden me.

Not amaze, just sadden.
Even if that’s true. That’s not the kind of thing you should say to someone with depression and self-loathing problems.

And at this point, I don’t actually hate it as much as I used to. I’m just trying to take it over the top and joke about it to make fun of myself and try to make up for it. But I guess I don’t get that privilege sense people can’t seem to tell the difference.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If he has even an average running PC, he could get them for potentially an even cheaper price.

But then again, idk if he does
But you can take them on the go with the Switch.

Mainly platformers I suppose, and action/adventure type games. But I'm not adverse to trying other suggestions too. I just have a hard time keeping track of games I want to play.
At the moment, I’d say look into Celeste, The Messenger, Gris, Monster Boy, Splasher, Iconoclasts, Owlboy, Hollow Knight,

D

Deleted member

i don’t even have a most hated fictional character, really. I just don’t see the need to put energy into hating things, except for the most abhorrent real world stuff. It just makes me feel bad inside, when I’m hating something. Not worth it 90% of the time. Especially not for fiction.

Except for that **** who trades you a Haunter holding an ever stone **** her
I mean, while I don't hate a whole lot of characters, I know for a fact I do.

It's just that I literally don't hate em enough to even bother remembering em lmao

Well, except for one....
this ****ing piece of crap:
1574396485193.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Even if that’s true. That’s not the kind of thing you should say to someone with depression and self-loathing problems.

And at this point, I don’t actually hate it as much as I used to. I’m just trying to take it over the top and joke about it to make fun of myself and try to make up for it. But I guess I don’t get that privilege sense people can’t seem to tell the difference.
My sense of humor is very specific, and relies a lot on tone. Tone can’t carry over text, so sometimes I’ll post a joke and people will just get upset or something. Point is, some jokes should be saved for your irl friends cuz your online friends have no way of getting it.

And don’t get me started on self loathing. Self loathing is my M.O., I bathe in that stuff every day. I know exactly how it feels and I hate it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My sense of humor is very specific, and relies a lot on tone. Tone can’t carry over text, so sometimes I’ll post a joke and people will just get upset or something. Point is, some jokes should be saved for your irl friends cuz your online friends have no way of getting it.

And don’t get me started on self loathing. Self loathing is my M.O., I bathe in that stuff every day. I know exactly how it feels and I hate it.
I don’t have irl friends to tell jokes to.

I have a hard time with irl conversations. I get stuck on words even when I know exactly what I want to say. I just can’t speak until I level up my confidence stat in the heat of the moment. That’s what it feels like at least.

D

Deleted member

I have a hard time with irl conversations. I get stuck on words even when I know exactly what I want to say. I just can’t speak until I level up my confidence stat in the heat of the moment. That’s what it feels like at least.
How the hell can you not have IRL Friends? that's like, something that happens at least once or twice, even to the most shy people.

Trust me, I was that one person that used to push everyone who wanted to be my friend away. I won't lie, I don't regret it, but at the very least, people tried.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Grookey's still my favorite starter.

The evolutions could've looked different and I may have preferred a different look for 'em, but what we got is still great. I still like them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I could think of a Gorillion things to say

But it's all a bunch of monkey business
Keep these puns up and I’m gonna go ape.

This **** is bananas...

Join a club or something. You’ll immediately be in a room full of people who are guaranteed to be interested in something you’re interested in. Instant conversation topic. And before you give yourself the chance to be nervous, just start talking to someone. Yeah it’s scary, but it’ll work out. I used to be the same, hell I still am the same. But now I’m an awkward geek with friends.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
How the hell can you not have IRL Friends? that's like, something that happens at least once or twice, even to the most shy people.

Trust me, I was that one person that used to push everyone who wanted to be my friend away. I won't lie, I don't regret it, but at the very least, people tried.
I mean to be fair I don't really either. Part of that is because I almost never leave the house though lol.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
These are not Switch exclusive games, but I highly recommend these games that you can get there all on the eshop 20$ each.

-Transistor
-Lethal Legue Blaze
-Mark of the Ninja
Transistor's been on my backlog for awhile now, maybe I should finally give it a go. Those other two I haven't even heard of, but they both look pretty cool!

At the moment, I’d say look into Celeste, The Messenger, Gris, Monster Boy, Splasher, Iconoclasts, Owlboy, Hollow Knight,
Already have Iconoclasts and Hollow Knight, but I recall being interested in Gris and the Messenger. Hmm...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Grookey's still my favorite starter.

The evolutions could've looked different and I may have preferred a different look for 'em, but what we got is still great. I still like them.
Inteleon is off putting at first, but it’s animations help it. The default pose is weird though, it should’ve had a more action-y battle stance.

Shroob

Sup?

2tfqlx.jpg

Y-Yeah, it's soo easy...

Haha...ha

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Keep these puns up and I’m gonna go ape.

This **** is bananas...

Join a club or something. You’ll immediately be in a room full of people who are guaranteed to be interested in something you’re interested in. Instant conversation topic. And before you give yourself the chance to be nervous, just start talking to someone. Yeah it’s scary, but it’ll work out. I used to be the same, hell I still am the same. But now I’m an awkward geek with friends.
I tried that. Joined my campus’s Queer Nerd Alliance. It’s the space I should be the most included in but i feel so isolated when I go there. I just feel this silent hostility from everyone there.

D

Deleted member

Yeahhh i'm homeschooled.. I tried talking to the kids through the webmail system but out of like 50 emails I got about four responses.
Figured as much, honestly.
Where I live, there are multiple families with kids that do share some common interests within a minute or 2 of slow walking.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I do have some friends outside of this chat though. There's uhh. My buddy in Canada. and uhh. That one guy on discord..and uh..oof

D

Deleted member

I tried that. Joined my campus’s Queer Nerd Alliance. It’s the space I should be the most included in but i feel so isolated when I go there. I just feel this silent hostility from everyone there.
I mean, what other clubs are there? A queer club can't be the only one, right?

Noipoi

Howdy!
That my dear, is your anxiety twisting the way you perceive the world. I guarantee the others feel no ill will towards you.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, something that dawned on me as I was getting ready for bed.

Remember those Sword, Shield and Gun memes and Grookey was Gun?

Funny how that turned out.

D

Deleted member

That my dear, is your anxiety twisting the way you perceive the world. I guarantee the others feel no ill will towards you.
I mean, I don't wanna get too deep into politics, but the whole idea of LGBT is pretty... ahem.. controversial in a lot of places(or at least, where I live. Bible Belt for ya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom