• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Once I'm done with post game, I plan on working on "Raider" Pokemon. Because soloing these raids is starting to get actually hard.
I plan on getting Eternatus a Modest nature with a mint and then bottle capping it. Once complete, Eternatus shouldn't have much difficulty dealing with most Raid Bosses. Planning to do the same with Zacian.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, Smash got a GOTY nomination. I’m kinda surprised.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sure, maybe the gameplay is tweaked. But like you said, it still takes story beats from the original.

Therefore, it is not 100% a original game. And I just dont think that should be nominated for GOTY.
I just don't think it shouldn't count just because it's a remake. It's received almost universal praise, was one of the biggest releases this year, and has differentiated itself enough from the original that it should be judged as it's own thing, rather than just being seen as just the same thing again but prettier.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Pleasantly surprised Disco Elysium got even one nomination, let alone that many. Unpleasantly unsurprised DMC5 got so few.

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling Smash will win GOTY.

But what I want to know are two things:

>Did DQXI S get nominated for anything?

>Did Mario Kart Tour get nominated for anything? (I pray it didn't)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Smash Ultimate up for Game of the Year.

But holy **** did Three Houses and Devil May Cry 5 get snubbed HARD.
Three Houses got nominated for Best Strategy Game. It was hardly snubbed.

Pretty much the only other category it would be reasonably nominated for, but wasn't, was Best Soundtrack. The game wasn't a no-show, and that's what matters most. :p

D

Deleted member

Ring Fit Adventure, Luigi's Mansion 3, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Yoshi's Crafted World and one more that I can't remember.

No and no.
**** yeah!

We defeated MK Tour!

F in the chat for DQXI S doh

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate up for Game of the Year.

But holy **** did Three Houses and Devil May Cry 5 get snubbed HARD.
I mean I can't really say I'm surprised. They're both great games but they're not exactly "mainstream" in the eyes of the industry.

D

Deleted member

Three Houses got nominated for Best Strategy Game. It was hardly snubbed.

Pretty much the only other category it would be reasonably nominated for, but wasn't, was Best Soundtrack. The game wasn't a no-show, and that's what matters most. :p
Speaking of strategy, how hard is the new hard mode? The regular hard mode was easily broken so I'm curious.

D

Deleted member

I would default dance right now after seeing MK Tour won't win a single award, but I am in the middle of a class.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
The game awards website keeps crashing on me i'm guessing everyone is trying to vote all at once.

D

Deleted member

Anyway DMC5 better win best soundtrack or this whole show is a ****ing sham

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of strategy, how hard is the new hard mode? The regular hard mode was easily broken so I'm curious.
Maddening is significantly more challenging and requires much more careful planning. It's not as easy as strapping Stride on someone and cruising to the enemy general.

D

Deleted member

Maddening is significantly more challenging and requires much more careful planning. It's not as easy as strapping Stride on someone and cruising to the enemy general.
Now that's what I call challenge. :ultrobin:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
so yeah, assuming Smash is the running for the biggest award of the night, I'd be shocked if fighter 5 isn't revealed there

you think Sakurai may drop by as well?

D

Deleted member

Also pleasantly surprised to see Outer Worlds and Sekiro nominated for as many awards as they were, including GotY. Not sure how many they'll win but at least they were considered.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I hope Luigi's Mansion 3 wins the Family Game category - the devs really deserve it

D

Deleted member

so yeah, assuming Smash is the running for the biggest award of the night, I'd be shocked if fighter 5 isn't revealed there

you think Sakurai may drop by as well?
That'd be hype, but I don't know if Sakurai knew Smash would be a GOTY nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom