• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Some days I get crushed because my friend told me I have the same hairstyle as Hubert.

1573751854577.png

Is he wrong? No.
Should he say it? Unless he wants a vibe check.

D

Deleted member

Alright, discussion time! What's your favorite opening to a cartoon, Anime or otherwise?

Here's mine :p

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
What Christmas movies do you guys watch every year? For family I watch Elf and horror Krampus.

Gonna still watch those but decided on watching a lot more Christmas movies this year notably Jingle All the Way, Scrooged and Gremlins. Any other recommendations you may suggest?
At Christmas time, I usually watch Die Hard with my family. It's the best Christmas film. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You went with that? How? Why?
***** I've been rocking it since I was 12 what you mean

im deathly afraid of changing the routine i've set up for 6 years now

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What Christmas movies do you guys watch every year? For family I watch Elf and horror Krampus.

Gonna still watch those but decided on watching a lot more Christmas movies this year notably Jingle All the Way, Scrooged and Gremlins. Any other recommendations you may suggest?
I still like to watch all three Grinch movies (even if the live action one isn't very good). The old Rankin Bass stuff is charming but it's starting to become kind of annoying with age. IDK, I kind of want to watch a new christmas movie this year. Kind of tired of watching the same old ones year after year.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
IDK. Maybe it's just my general aversion to fantasy and magic and preference for sci-fi.
Heeeeeey, there's someone else like this. Always liked sci-fi, never really gotten into fantasy.

How hard do you have to get slapped for this to happen
https://youtu.be/8zfFeIVNt0A

indian soaps are weeeeird
I love Indian soaps. Used to follow one for a while just because every single thing that happened was SUPER dramatic. Every camera shot, every word, every bit of music was framed like it was the most exciting thing you'll ever see. So much fun haha

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Heeeeeey, there's someone else like this. Always liked sci-fi, never really gotten into fantasy.

I love Indian soaps. Used to follow one for a while just because every single thing that happened was SUPER dramatic. Every camera shot, every word, every bit of music was framed like it was the most exciting thing you'll ever see. So much fun haha
Only fantasy I've every liked is Lord of the Rings. Every other fantasy thing has just not clicked with me.

Telling that my favorite Final Fantasy is Seven with it's whole steam/cyberpunk aesthetic.

I wish pure sci-fi stories were explored more in gaming. And not like Cyberpunk 2077 or Fallout where it's all dystopian and cynical.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Only fantasy I've every liked is Lord of the Rings. Every other fantasy thing has just not clicked with me.

Telling that my favorite Final Fantasy is Seven with it's whole steam/cyberpunk aesthetic.

I wish pure sci-fi stories were explored more in gaming. And not like Cyberpunk 2077 or Fallout where it's all dystopian and cynical.
I thought FFVII was your favourite because it's INCREDIBLY left wing with it's story

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I thought FFVII was your favourite because it's INCREDIBLY left wing with it's story
You mean the opposite of evil?

I kid, I kid.

That helps yeah, but I like the setting more than any other FF, I like the characters more, I think the world is more iconic, and any "magic" has a scientific explanation in the Lifestream and Mako. It's just... sooooo good.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I love sci-fi but usually in literature. And by literature, I mean The Left Hand of Darkness.

Most of my favorite video games are fantasy, though. Space opera setting doesn't really appeal to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm the opposite, Sci-Fi sucks to me, while Fantasy has some of the most varied and memorable stories I've ever seen/read

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
"Vote with your wallet, but only in the way I tell you to."
Did you not read my post?

“If you are still buying Sword and Shield, I RECOMMEND that you buy a used copy.”

Key word, Recommend. Not “I’m telling you to do this”. I’m not saying “you’re a bad person if you buy new!”, it was nothing more than a suggestion to those who are still excited for the game, but are wary of giving Gamefreak their money.

Sorry, but I really do not appreciate words being put in my mouth.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Day 3 of the World of Light Nuzlocke is in the books! Below are updates:

Alive/Rescued: Mario, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, Pikachu, Wii Fit Trainer, Dr. Mario, Fox, Simon, Pit

Dead/Defeated
  • 1st Out: Sheik (Shinobu battle)
  • 2nd Out: Jigglypuff (Fi battle)
  • 3rd Out: Inkling (Infinite battle)
  • 4th Out: Piranha Plant (Deep Breathing battle)
  • 5th Out: Villager (Marin battle)
  • 6th Out: Kirby (Rayman battle)
  • 7th Out: Lucario (Culdra battle)
  • 8th Out: Marth (Affinity battle)

Special events: I lost Kirby, which stings because I’ve begun to learn the character well and I was on a role with him. But that Rayman spirit ruined the roll completely. And I was going on a comeback too, but then the Rayman spirit-controlled Sonic grabbed a beam sword… and it was all over. The opponent was at 20% damage too, adding to the frustration. So close, but not enough. I’m seriously mourning the loss of Kirby right now; he was such a fun character to us. I needed to find an alternate path in order to get to the Light Temple so I could rescue my sanity. Thankfully, I was able to go through the mountain paths without too much trouble and was able to reach the light temple. The rescued characters still alive were Mario, Yoshi, Lucario, Peach, Bowser, Marth, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Wii Fit Trainer, Dr. Mario, and Fox, with the DLC characters tagging along for the ride. I must say, I LOVE the theme of the Light Temple. It’s very majestic yet… has this feeling of somberness to it. It fits the mood well for trying to save as many characters as possible and free the world from Galeem and Darkon. Immediately, with the first spirit battle I remember why I despise Zelda so much, but thankfully Marth’s tipper came to the rescue. Unfortunately, Lucario and Marth fell during the Light Temple journey, being defeated right after saving Simon. Thankfully, with Bowser joining the party to fight the greater evil, he came in clutch for me and proved to be a more than worthy ally. Banjo & Kazooie proved to be worthy allies as well, as they helped me get out of a pickle more than once, especially in the Tharja battle. Thanks to the efforts of the team (especially Bowser and B&K), the light barrier was broken and now I can venture out more easily to rescue some more characters. The Light Temple has been put to rest once more.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Crap, how do i delete posts? That was a complete accident, I meant to post that only once, but it went through like 5-7 times.

Sorry about that

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Crap, how do i delete posts? That was a complete accident, I meant to post that only once, but it went through like 5-7 times.

Sorry about that
There's no delete option, sadly. But if you report your posts and say what happened, a mod will delete the extras.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Already celebrating christmas, got out a massive stack of DVD's filled with Christmas specials that I watch every year.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
IDK. Maybe it's just my general aversion to fantasy and magic and preference for sci-fi.
I feel like fantasy can be kind of constraining since there seems to be kind of a strict formula for what goes in fantasy (ex. certain types of recurring races.) But, at the same time, some things in sci-fi are also kind of overly formulaic (such as the whole thing about spaceships and space combat, ect. Plus the fact that (friendly?) alien races seem to be dominated by humanoids.)

When I make up my own characters and worlds, I like an in-between that lets me do whatever I want within some limit of reason (one of these being that I have to consider the societal effects of any particular strange part of worldbuilding.) A lot of the characters also just wear “modern” outfits since that’s my preference in outfit design over either historical-ish outfits or sci-fi outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom