• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Haha my Halloween pic was cropped just enough so as to not get me banned here. Thank god no one cared.

D

Deleted member

Winter avatar, huh? Well, I have a few that would be fitting, the hard part is deciding on just one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'll change my avatar to my typical December one when I feel like it.

X-Mas Spider-Man.jpg

Every year baby.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
A Christmas avatar is probably easy enough, it's just like others have said: Deciding on one is the hard part.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Went outside to play with my dogs. Besides typical talk, Christmas avatars and Spongebob? Anything come up in my absence?

D

Deleted member

Well, I tried to make a 3D render of Mario using his Mario Kart 8 model...
I couldn't figure out how to add textures, though, let alone posing it.

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to sit here for a bit, if you don't mind.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fighter #5 is KOS-MOS.
At least she would have a more unique aesthetic. Like, I know they would play very differently, but Hero and Lloyd (to me anyway) look like they're very much cut from the same cloth. They feel very similar to each other no matter how differently they actually play.

IDK. Maybe it's just my general aversion to fantasy and magic and preference for sci-fi.

D

Deleted member

All he had to do was say something negative about Sword and Shield.

That always keeps this thread bustling!
Real talk though, as much as I dislike SwSh, I hate how some people felt the need to bring Iwata into this, claiming he'd be "ashamed" or stuff like that. Let the man rest and don't put words into a dead person's mouth, that's just despicable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What Christmas movies do you guys watch every year? For family I watch Elf and horror Krampus.

Gonna still watch those but decided on watching a lot more Christmas movies this year notably Jingle All the Way, Scrooged and Gremlins. Any other recommendations you may suggest?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Real talk though, as much as I dislike SwSh, I hate how some people felt the need to bring Iwata into this, claiming he'd be "ashamed" or stuff like that. Let the man rest and don't put words into a dead person's mouth, that's just despicable.
Iwata should be brought into anything whether against or defending the ****ing game

especially since he had nothing to do with it.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
What Christmas movies do you guys watch every year? For family I watch Elf and horror Krampus.

Gonna still watch those but decided on watching a lot more Christmas movies this year notably Jingle All the Way, Scrooged and Gremlins. Any other recommendations you may suggest?
My favorites are Elf, Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story. I watch those three every year with my family.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

My family made it a tradition for us all to come together and watch either Elf or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation during the holiday season.

Swords and shields are ****ing stupid, it's 21st century, stop fighting with medieval weapons.

...did I do it right?
It's probably for the best that you did it this way, tbh.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"Vote with your wallet, but only in the way I tell you to."
I mean... It doesn't really matter in the end. Unless you're buying digitally your money doesn't go directly to Nintendo. You're money goes to the store you bought it from. It's the store who buys the copies from the manufacturer/publisher and they've already bought as many copies as they have. The more the stores sell out of the more copies they have to order from the manufacturer and that's why sales figures matter.

Basically, a boycott really only affects Nintendo, GameFreak, and The Pokemon Company through digital sales. If nobody buys physical copies from the store.... that's just hurting the stores. Nintendo already got their money from them.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh ****, I almost forgot about It's a Wonderful Life!

That one is definitely a holiday classic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean... It doesn't really matter in the end. Unless you're buying digitally your money doesn't go directly to Nintendo. You're money goes to the store you bought it from. It's the store who buys the copies from the manufacturer/publisher and they've already bought as many copies as they have. The more the stores sell out of the more copies they have to order from the manufacturer and that's why sales figures matter.

Basically, a boycott really only affects Nintendo, GameFreak, and The Pokemon Company through digital sales. If nobody buys physical copies from the store.... that's just hurting the stores. Nintendo already got their money from them.
I know that DC Comics lets stores return unsold copies for refunds if the comics don't sell well, might be a similar case

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
What do you say when you wanna join in on the conversation but have no idea what to talk about?
You should never feel pressured to say something if nothing's going on or if the topic's not one that interests you - just sit back and read it or do something else

There's like a 3-4 hour period in the mornings typically where little to nothing is posted cos timezones, but that's fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom