• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At this point, I don't even care. Go ahead, Sakurai, and reveal Edelgard or whatever FE character you wanted at E3 tomorrow. At least then we can go back to discussing all characters and not just third-parties.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m still remaining cautiously optimistic for Elma I don’t care what y’all have to say

osby

Smash Obsessed
At this point, I don't even care. Go ahead, Sakurai, and reveal Edelgard or whatever FE character you wanted at E3 tomorrow. At least then we can go back to discussing all characters and not just third-parties.
I thought people stopped being desperate for complaining about FE.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 226985
I've had trouble sleeping and now I think I'm seeing rabbits.
That's definitely a rabbit. I know it's probably a reference to Doomguy's pet, but part of me is expecting that we'll get a demonically possessed rabbit, a la Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

How would you guys feel if we actually got both Banjo and Crash tomorrow?

I'd be hyped as ****. Crash being icing on cake for me.
That would definitely be exciting - I don't have as much of a connection to Crash as I do with Banjo (I played the Wrath of Cortex years ago on the Gamecube, and I have the N. Sane Trilogy on the Switch, but I don't know which game I should try to complete first), but having him, Mario, and Sonic in the same game would be insane. (N. Sane?)

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Yes please. This "All Third Party" mindset has made speculation boring. Everyone lists the same set of third parties with maybe one standout. I want to see some chaos if a FE character is actually part of the Fighter Pass.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch the DLC reveal isn't Banjo, Crash, Doom Slayer, Elma, Erdrick, Fire Emblem rep, Gen 8 Pokemon, Ryu Hayabusa or Steve.

But rather

Its Sylux and on top of Sylux being revealed. Metroid Prime 4 alongside with an Metroid Prime Trilogy being announced as well.

:shades:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I thought people stopped being desperate for complaining about FE.
I have nothing against FE itself. It's just that historically, I've never found any of the characters, save for Robin and maybe Corrin, to be really creative and unique additions.

I get why it's so easy for Sakurai to add a lot of FE characters in comparison to the rest of the existing franchises, but we're getting to a point where FE characters are something we expect but also dread. Feels like time would be better spent elsewhere.

I think that would require a character that wouldn't make people go "Of course they're gonna shill the new game in insert bogeyman series here".
First-party is still first-party, regardless of whether or not people think it was only for promotion.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think that would require a character that wouldn't make people go "Of course they're gonna shill the new game in insert bogeyman series here".
Bart, I don't mean to alarm you but there may be a bogeyman or bogeymen series in smash.

AAAAAHHHH

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Alright, so with this Sabi thing.

Remember when the ESRB leak was going on? The dude ended up turning himself in. No C&D. No legal action from Nintendo against the guy. That was arguably the largest leak for a Nintendo game, or at least Smash game in history.

But Nintendo is going to send Sabi a C&D before they leak anything or prove they have any Nintendo information?

Nope. I don’t buy it.

I think it’s more likely that they thought they’d be getting something, didn’t, and now are saving face.

I could be wrong, but that seems very, very fishy.
I'll just throw my two cents into this.

Back in the day, when Pokémon Black and White were about to come out, dataminers managed to get their hands on an early Japanese copy. They used that copy to get things like the sprites for all the Pokémon and related information like stats and the like. It was typical and it happened before with DP and has happened since. Yet this time was different: Serebii, Pokebeach, and a number of other sites posted the information like they usually would and yet out of nowhere a C&D order came out against them. At first they were in disbelief since it seemed odd that Nintendo/GF/TCPi would do it now when they never bothered before and some even argued it was fake and still kept the information up, but nonetheless it was real and the lawyers did in fact hand down the order to stop the sites from posting that information. It's for that reason Serebii and others are much more hesitant to immediately post leaked information before release like that and Serebii in particular hasn't ever since so it clearly left its mark and has restricted reporting of leaked information on Pokémon games.

Now I'm not going to pretend I know Sabi's track record or whether she's trustworthy, but just because it's not consistent with what has happened before doesn't mean Nintendo wouldn't act differently now. They have responded to leaks in different ways before and have tried to curb the release of leaked information in similar ways, so nothing says that Sabi is lying here. This could be a case where Nintendo is trying to keep their news under lock and key and don't want anyone giving out the spoils before they're ready to do so.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

kasumi voiced by primrose from octopath and silvia from fire emblem heroes

girl likes voicing dancers

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Speak for yourself.

Also I find it extremely bizarre to care about who ownes a character more than the character themselves, but that's just me.
It's not really that bizarre if most of the third-party characters people are requesting are from games you've either never played or never really connected with.

Nothing wrong with wanting yet another Nintendo character (or a character from any company for that matter) if that means it narrows things down and your odds of getting a character you like increase dramatically.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>See peoples feeling the dread of their character not getting in as tomorrow is coming soon.

>Can't feel the dread/dissapointement if you already know a long time ago that your favourite character won't ever make it into DLC.
cant get mad.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every day something makes me love Kasumi more than I already did.

Today that something was the fact she shares the same English voice actress as my favourite Octopath character.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Here’s hoping a certain other NDA is lifted regarding another certain VO by the time E3 ends...

im referring to Caitlin Glass, she announced an NDA role around November-December 2018 and it still hasn’t been revealed yet...

...Elma for Smash? :eyes:

D

Deleted member

Here’s hoping a certain other NDA is lifted regarding another certain VO by the time E3 ends...

im referring to Caitlin Glass, she announced an NDA role around November-December 2018 and it still hasn’t been revealed yet...

...Elma for Smash? :eyes:
Xenoblade Chronicles X 2 pls.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
press release is describing p5r's counselor confidant as a 'central character', which is interesting

i guess he's playing a larger role in the story after all

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do we know at least what Kasumi’s Arcana is, if not her Phantom Thief name?

What about the new Confidant, what Arcana is he?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

shows how much I cared for primrose pff didnt even know who this VA was

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Do we know at least what Kasumi’s Arcana is, if not her Phantom Thief name?

What about the new Confidant, what Arcana is he?
probably aeon, though i kinda wish it's hunger just for the joke alone

1560181581918.png

new guy is consultant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom