• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think, again I think, I'm not 100%, JDS is permabanned. However, I think the new rules in place allow users to view and like posts within threads but they themselves cannot contribute to the discussion. Again, I think.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
JDS has mastered the art of trolling to the point where he can spread his chaos simply by liking a few posts.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
And faintly, off in the distance, a statement could be heard "I, JDS, love Fire Emblem Three Houses and personally think Smash could use a few more swordsmen."

...What the hell was that?

D

Deleted member

If JDS likes this post and specifically this post, I am legally allowed to go to sleep.

Deal?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well, looks like it’s time for me to ride off into the embrace of sleep.
Got a packed day tomorrow.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Holy ****ing ****. This could explain a whole lot of stuff if true. What a mess this generation of Pokemon turned out to be.
There's a few notable holes I find with this:

-GF doesn't handle the models, they outsource that to Creatures Inc. So even if we are to believe this story that he's in the know, then I would assume that he'd be aware of how things work internally in terms of handling the models.
-Related to this, one of the major complaints used against the 'new animations' bit was that animations seemed to be the same between SM and SwSh, such as Hop sharing animations with Hau. So why would the asset port work with them, but not with the rest?
-Sword/Shield are not the file names from what we've gathered, the internal codename used for the game is "Hero" as we saw with the logos on the site back a few months ago.
-Town was already confirmed to have a very small team. Toby Fox, who did music for that game, said as much in a tweet.

I can't say I buy this guy's story, I can definitely believe that GF had issues with developing for the game as that was this whole roster cut issue is all about, but this feels more to me like someone telling people what they want to hear then an actual look into development. You get to hear GF sucks, you get to hear that the problems will be miraculously solved with the next game, and so on and so forth. It's a perfect post that caters to the crowd that's disgruntled with the games.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

-GF doesn't handle the models, they outsource that to Creatures Inc. So even if we are to believe this story that he's in the know, then I would assume that he'd be aware of how things work internally in terms of handling the models.
-Related to this, one of the major complaints used against the 'new animations' bit was that animations seemed to be the same between SM and SwSh, such as Hop sharing animations with Hau. So why would the asset port work with them, but not with the rest?
-Sword/Shield are not the file names from what we've gathered, the internal codename used for the game is "Hero" as we saw with the logos on the site back a few months ago.
-Town was already confirmed to have a very small team. Toby Fox, who did music for that game, said as much in a tweet.

I can't say I buy this guy's story, I can definitely believe that GF had issues with developing for the game as that was this whole roster cut issue is all about, but this feels more to me like someone telling people what they want to hear then an actual look into development. You get to hear GF sucks, you get to hear that the problems will be miraculously solved with the next game, and so on and so forth. It's a perfect post that caters to the crowd that's disgruntled with the games.
Real talk though, I'm so sick of "GF is trying to ruin Sw/Sh on purpose" Reddit conspiracy theories that seem to be growing in popular as of late.

I don't think it would take a genius to figure out why that's a horrible marketing idea.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Shows how truly stable this community is when a few likes from a banned user can plunge the thread into chaos...
its just JDS

he's not gonna harm anyone, why they gotta mistreat him like he's a demon

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
its just JDS

he's not gonna harm anyone, why they gotta mistreat him like he's a demon
He is a man, a myth, a legend.

Unfortunately someone spread his false lies around and touted them as fact.

Now he sits until he can be free again.

Shroob

Sup?
Real talk though, I'm so sick of "GF is trying to ruin Sw/Sh on purpose" Reddit conspiracy theories that seem to be growing in popular as of late.

I don't think it would take a genius to figure out why that's a horrible marketing idea.
I mean, that's just a reddit conspiracy. That's obviously horse ****.

Now them putting in maximum effort, that's another story entirely, especially with some early players and dataminer's claims.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Some of my favorite Pokémon died for this level of animation quality. :')

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Some of my favorite Pokémon died for this level of animation quality. :')
Still can't believe that basically ALL of Gen 3 and Gen 4 is ****ing dead...

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

This Reddit post explains the whole deal with the animations. You are correct that Creatures handles the models.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/cgh8fy/long_post_warning_an_actual_technical_analysis_of/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom