• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's the 7 continents as the seven main elements.
7 Elements.jpg

Africa-Earth
Europe-Metal
Asia-Water
North America-Air
South America-Wood
Australia-Fire
Antarctica-Ice

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m so worried about Pokémon.

It’s been one of my favorite series since I was 3 or 4 years old. While I’m sure I’ll still enjoy the new games, seeing it dip in quality is a shame. The Dex cut didn’t bug me much, since I usually play with the Pokémon that are readily available in the region anyway, but all this other stuff has come out and I don’t understand it...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

It’s been one of my favorite series since I was 3 or 4 years old. While I’m sure I’ll still enjoy the new games, seeing it dip in quality is a shame.
I mean, it's to be expected when you're being forced to make a game yearly "AND IT NEEDS TO BE OUT BY BLACK FRIDAY!"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean, it's to be expected when you're being forced to make a game yearly "AND IT NEEDS TO BE OUT BY BLACK FRIDAY!"
That’s true. I guess I just didn’t expect it to reach this point.

The Pokémon Company needs to cut Game Freak a bunch of slack. A game can’t be incredibly top-notch with only about a year’s worth of dev time unless it’s Majora’s Mask.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

The Pokémon Company needs to cut Game Freak a bunch of slack. A game can’t be incredibly top-notch with only about a year’s worth of dev time unless it’s Majora’s Mask.
That's cute.

You think TPC cares about the quality.

They already know it's going to sell millions of copies, they could Pikachu's face on a rock and it'd sell.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This **** shook my whole house while I was in the bath tub and I thought I was destined for destruction. I'll let y'all know when the aliens begin their colonization process.
So....The Saiyans started making demands yet?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Pokemon Company could really take notes from Ubisoft. We all saw the dip in quality in Assassin's Creed when they did annual releases of new titles. Releasing a new mainline game each year is not feasible in this era of game development.

Shroob

Sup?
Pokemon Company could really take notes from Ubisoft. We all saw the dip in quality in Assassin's Creed when they did annual releases of new titles. Releasing a new mainline game each year is not feasible in this era of game development.
Of course it's not.

But as long as people keep throwing millions at them because "It's Pokemon", they'll do it anyway.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Why can’t they go back to what they did before? Extend the anime with new seasons and filler and whatever while shelling out more merch until the next pair of games is ready?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That's cute.

You think TPC cares about the quality.

They already know it's going to sell millions of copies, they could Pikachu's face on a rock and it'd sell.
You don't think there's a slight possibility TPC might be worried that their brand might be hurting just a tiny bit after all this backlash?

Then what even is the point of Dexit, then?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

It’s been one of my favorite series since I was 3 or 4 years old. While I’m sure I’ll still enjoy the new games, seeing it dip in quality is a shame.
Hey, at least there's still plenty of good stuff coming out of the series otherwise, and there's still hope for the future. Pokemon's not going anywhere, and I believe that eventually we will get the true console Pokemon game we deserve.

In contrast, I just realized today that Halo, my favorite series of all time, might be on a certain path to doom after I've been holding onto hope for years and thinking that it might be able to make a comeback next year.
  • The Master Chief Collection, the compilation of all the older Halo games in HD, is getting ported to PC along with Reach, the one game that was missing. And while most of that seems to be going good, they're implementing an asinine Season Pass system that no one asked for, and was apparently designed by someone who doesn't know how season passes work because everything from the unlocks to the user interface are completely terrible. Once it goes public, I don't expect good things.
  • A Halo TV show finally started production after over 6 years in development hell. It's been confirmed to be non-canon on account of changing things about some of the key characters, including introducing a subplot about an orphaned human who's being raised by the Covenant to fight for their side, despite the fact that the Covenant's whole thing is that they're waging a genocidal, kill-them-to-the-last war against humanity and would never take prisoners like that. So the whole show just doesn't care about its source material and is doing whatever the hell it wants, and what it wants to do is stupid.
  • Halo: Infinite needs to recover from Halo 5's insultingly awful story, which would require a genuinely brilliant campaign to pull off. I bet money that the campaign is going to be open-world or at least open to some extent, which could be awesome, or it could be a disaster. We still know nothing about any of the gameplay officially. All we do know is that there will for sure be live-service elements, and the creative director of the game left a few months ago when the game is in its final year of development. The last time I saw major figures leave a game's development and figured it wasn't a big deal, that game turned into Mass Effect Andromeda. I didn't even buy that game or really look forward to it all that much, but it taught me a lesson that this is almost never a good sign.
I'd rather the series had suffered a quick death, like with, say, Mass Effect or Castlevania, than this prolonged bleed out over the past four years. Hopefully Infinite absolutely crushes it and everyone can rejoice, but the people in charge at 343 Industries seem to be the kings and queens of poor decision-making.

Shroob

Sup?
You don't think there's a slight possibility TPC might be worried that their brand might be hurting just a tiny bit after all this backlash?

Then what even is the point of Dexit, then?
I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone who's upset over Dexit knows that the games are going to sell millions regardless of all this.

Like, the most common arguments I see that aren't just trolls usually start with "Even though the games are going to sell millions because it's Pokemon"

Sure, we're mad, but there's not a whole hell of a lot we can do besides not buying the game, and we're nothing but a drop in the bucket because the casual market will eat up anything that's thrown their way.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here I was under the impression the reason people where raiding Pokemon related Twitter accounts was to try to get them to change things in the future.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Not like I expect anyone to notice, but it was on this day in 2007 when Super Mario Galaxy released in North America and a wonderful new character was introduced to Super Mario series. I did tell y'all she is my girl, right?

I shall leave that bit of fan art here to pay my respects...and for y'all to enjoy...if you want.

Sayonara:shyguy:
:3 Amazing fanart as always. I honestly didn't know that it was Rosalina's Anniversary. I had to doodle something quick just to not let it pass just like that:
Rosa Linda.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As I said pages back here is my list of spirits that I think are likley/unlikley to get promoted to fighters. I will take questions
@JDCabrera Knight Dude Knight Dude @- Zero Requiem -
You said you wanted to see it so here it is
Given who I see people ask about the most, I'm inclined to agree that Sakurai, IF he ever takes the chance to, might re-visit Shantae or Rayman. Maybe. Geno's more of a hard case cause I dunno if Nintendo or SE give enough of a ****. Elma and Dixie would be really cool personally.

I'm of course wondering if any other Final Smash cameos will get added like Chrom. Even outside of the Mega Men, there's still Fiora and Dunban.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
in the Osmosis Jones DVD commentary the director(?) for the movie added pikachu in the poop area of the body and he started explaining
HAHA YEAH THATS WHAT I THINK OF THOSE JAPANESE CARTOONS!!
I PUT THEM IN THE ****
IN THE ANUS, THE ****TER
THATS WHAT I THINK OF THEM, THEYRE WASTE

explaining the very obvious joke

Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and DBZ made an entire market seethe lol
Sounds like someone's just mad they couldn't go further beyond.

Super Saiyan Smug Goku Super.PNG

I never got only liking one or the other. Both Eastern and Western cartoons have cool shows and lamer shows.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On one hand Pokémon sword and shield have a few big flaws and many people have been vocal about them. Yet the games are still number one in pre sales everywhere.

On the other hand Nintendo allowed people to cancel digital preorders, something I don’t recall happening with anything else. Which to me says they definitely took notice and know of/see the flaws.

so with how big of a flagship Pokémon is, I feel like Nintendo has a very decent chance currently given their actions to step in and make sure there are big changes for the future of the series.

And honestly I kinda of hope they do. Game freak is very behind the times it seems in both technical knowledge and fanbase knowledge(the later you can argue against though)

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if we heard rumors of them Hiring a lot of fresh talent, or even getting rid of people. Which would be a little sad but it seems like their workers can’t really handle newer technology. I don’t know if this is a producer thing or what but i wouldn’t be shocked if we learn about stuff changing soon at this rate

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone who's upset over Dexit knows that the games are going to sell millions regardless of all this.

Like, the most common arguments I see that aren't just trolls usually start with "Even though the games are going to sell millions because it's Pokemon"

Sure, we're mad, but there's not a whole hell of a lot we can do besides not buying the game, and we're nothing but a drop in the bucket because the casual market will eat up anything that's thrown their way.
The game can sell millions and still underperform, though. Black and White had sales other series would kill for, but it underperformed compared to GameFreak's expectations and led to a complete change in how the games were made (no longer locking older Mons to the postgame).

If the sales are just unimpressive enough, change can still happen.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
How come you have metal and ice separate from water and earth, but electric/Lightning doesn’t have one?
Metal is actually one of the fundamental elements according to the Five Elements Theory of China.

Ice is the only odd one out, but then again... it's Antarctica.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Even then, standards were different on the N64 compared to nowadays. They didn't have to have millions of well-crafted polygons on the screen among other things.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hey all.

I'm having a rough time right now. A friend... errr, someone I know (don't know if I should consider them a friend anymore) really hurt me yesterday, and I've been unable to get them out of my mind.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Things have taken an interesting turn. I'm their leader, now. Expect global domination by supper tomorrow.
Oh ok. Cool cool. You learn any cool beam attacks? Giant energy spheres?

The game can sell millions and still underperform, though. Black and White had sales other series would kill for, but it underperformed compared to GameFreak's expectations and led to a complete change in how the games were made (no longer locking older Mons to the postgame).

If the sales are just unimpressive enough, change can still happen.
Reminds me of Resident Evil 6. That game sold millions, and is still Capcom's 3RD best selling game ever, yet it was WAY below their expectations, and it caused them to slowly re-adjust what the series was even supposed to be. Leading to another RE4-ish rebrand with RE7. Not that Revelations games were terrible, RER1 still underperformed for a 3DS game at the time.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One last thought I had. I wonder what would it be like if Iwata was here? Could he have single handily saved the dex if he knew or programming mishaps? Could it be the gold and silver?

I wonder. I really miss Iwata, he was a great figure and always fun to have. NIntendos path since his pass has been really intriguing. I wonder what would have happened instead if he was still here. Well hopefully he’s resting peacefully for all he’s done.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd hate to make another FE comparison, but Fire Emblem: Fates was extremely controversial and still did extremely well. SerenesForest and other such FE communities were full cynics who were certain FE would never receive an improvement in its story/writing/tone as long as IS was making bank off the new titles. It wasn't just unlikely to a lot of them - it was an impossibility.

I'd like to think it's at least possible that TPC and GF noticed all the backlash and are going to reconsider how they approach the development of future games.

Or maybe I'm just stupid and naive. I don't know. But what I do know is that I'm sick of all the negativity in every freaking video game community I ever join.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey all.

I'm having a rough time right now. A friend... errr, someone I know (don't know if I should consider them a friend anymore) really hurt me yesterday, and I've been unable to get them out of my mind.
Well perhaps talking it out could still happen? If not then if you want to talk more about it you aren’t comfortable with sharing it here, you can always shoot me a pm. Although it’s getting late here atm and I’m heading to bed if your looking for someone to immediately talk too.
I hope you get some resolve either way

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd hate to make another FE comparison, but Fire Emblem: Fates was extremely controversial and still did extremely well. SerenesForest and other such FE communities were full cynics who were certain FE would never receive an improvement in its story/writing/tone as long as IS was making bank off the new titles. It wasn't just unlikely to a lot of them - it was an impossibility.

I'd like to think it's at least possible that TPC and GF noticed all the backlash and are going to reconsider how they approach the development of future games.

Or maybe I'm just stupid and naive. I don't know. But what I do know is that I'm sick of all the negativity in every freaking video game community I ever join.
Same. I hate that I sometimes fuel it just because I have a bad day. But in the end, I’m just at a point where I just wanna celebrate the things I like and not continuously fuss and ***** about the things I don’t.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well perhaps talking it out could still happen? If not then if you want to talk more about it you aren’t comfortable with sharing it here, you can always shoot me a pm. Although it’s getting late here atm and I’m heading to bed if your looking for someone to immediately talk too.
I hope you get some resolve either way
This person, let's just call them D...

Basically, he's ghosted me again and later told me the reason for this is because I'm not one of his sexual partners (yes, partners, he's poly) and thusly I'm not worth talking to.
He said this the day after he said I'm like a sister to him... He's constantly flipping back and forth between affectionate and caring and then cold and rude, telling me to essentially, shut up and get lost.
All of this under the excuse that he's an introvert and he's "getting more than the daily recommended amount of social interaction for one."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom