• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
No lie, but Danny Phantom would probably be busted as hell in a Nick fighting game. Like, how do you properly incorporate his powers into the game without it being busted?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Holy ****ing ****. This could explain a whole lot of stuff if true. What a mess this generation of Pokemon turned out to be.
This isn't surprising to me. That explains the conflicting statements from the past about the 3DS models being made to be futureproofed, followed by the recent statements where GameFreak said they remade the models. The whole game always looked like a technical disaster. It's the same system that holds Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, yet Sword and Shield look and feel like upscaled 3DS games.

I'm very curious to know more about their engine. Did they reuse the 3DS engine, but something went wrong with how it imports/reads assets? Or did they try to make a new engine couldn't spend enough time on it because they needed to scramble to recreate a bunch of assets?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
And they didn't put as much work as they should have in this game, and imagine how the fans will react when they end up not liking this. Can someone say "I have been ripped off by paying 60 dollars"?
If those people saw all of the information that has been available over the last couple months in regards to lack of content, bad animations, low quality graphics, etc then that's their own fault.

People who preordered the game before some of the information came out got to cancel their preorders, that's the most they're going to get.

If a company advertises a turd and you say "you're all being negative, it'll be fine", and the company plops a turd down in front of you, it's your own fault.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I dunno how much we can actually trust that dude but.

Yeah, they flat out said that they future proofed the models.

And dataminers are saying that the old Pokemon straight up are still the 3DS models that just get an HD texture slapped onto them when they're used.

The story checks out. Now can we trust them? Dunno, but it really does seem like, factoring in everything, nothing more than technical ignorance.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I am of the mind that the model importer ****ing up caused a snowball effect that affected everything in the game's development. This would explain everything about development going wrong and morale being low at Game Freak.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
If those people saw all of the information that has been available over the last couple months in regards to lack of content, bad animations, low quality graphics, etc then that's their own fault.

People who preordered the game before some of the information came out got to cancel their preorders, that's the most they're going to get.

If a company advertises a turd and you say "you're all being negative, it'll be fine", and the company plops a turd down in front of you, it's your own fault.
Yeah, I know. That said, though, even though it is their fault, I still feel that the makers of this game are taking advantage of their, er, gullibility.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Anyways RIP to Sword and Shield. Probably not gonna get them and wait for super SwSh or the Gen 4 remakes.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Yoshi's Crafted World is proof you can make an engine that otherwise looks like utter **** on the Switch beautiful. You just need.... well, time to do it :yoshi:
Well you can thank Epic Games and their Unreal Engine for that game. Helps they have a lot of HD console development under their belt.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Reptar is too big. He'll never get in

Also, what is it about Otis that I crack up every time I look at him? His movie wasn't even that funny :yoshi:
*sees Lincoln on the roster*
View attachment 246249
To be fair, my favourite white haired boy would be my number 1 main if this was real.
Glad to see the positive responses! Again, I can definitely spill the beans on the making of this image and my character choices. I put a lot of thought into making this, in fact, what you're looking at right here is in fact my third revision to this image since its original creation, the fifth if I were to count the images I made back when Smash 4 was the latest game released.
I even made an alternative version of this image based off the Grinch and 5chan hoaxes just for fun.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
One more thing about Pokemon Sword and Shield and Sonic 06, last thing, it seems as if the development for the former games (Pokemon) is almost as bad as that as Sonic 06's development, with what was going on behind the scenes, if smaller than 06's. Just saying.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Looking past #DexIt, it's clear that Pokemon Sword/Shield doesn't seem to be put together well. Poor visuals, bad framerate etc for a Switch game. I really think the game should have been delayed so it would have more polish.
A point I've heard made about why the game couldn't be delayed has to do with the Pokemon media franchise as a whole. The games are the centerpiece, but orbiting them are the trading cards, anime, manga, and other merchandise and tie-ins.

Delaying the game means delaying/interfering with that entire web of business. You have to tell the people making the anime, the plushies, and the trading cards to delay their stuff, too, and then the whole thing becomes a mess.

A simple cost/benefit analysis would show that the risks of delaying the game and screwing up the entire business roadmap are way higher than selling the game anyways even if it might not be very critically well received. The game's going to sell millions anyways, so taking some heat is nothing compared to throwing a wrench in an entire business plan.

But now there's the long-term problem of this generation being a laughingstock and damaging the brand. Unless they really impress with the next games, Pokemon won't recover easily from this controversy.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, thinking about it a little harder.

"We're adding Pokemon that fit the region."

Yes, the Yorkshire Terrier and Bulldog don't fit at all.

But a cactus and dragon based on Polynesian Warriors are perfectly British enough.

MainJPW

M.T.A
One more thing about Pokemon Sword and Shield and Sonic 06, last thing, it seems as if the development for the former games (Pokemon) is almost as bad as that as Sonic 06's development, with what was going on behind the scenes, if smaller than 06's. Just saying.
It seems more like this comparison is completely random and unwarranted.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Yeah, I know. That said, though, even though it is their fault, I still feel that the makers of this game are taking advantage of their, er, gullibility.
Of course they're taking advantage of people. They're a company, they're all about that bottom line. If they can put the least amount of care, effort, and work possible into something and still make bank, then why wouldn't they?

I really hope this clues people in to not blindly buy Pokemon games because "aww cute puppymon," but I pretty much know it'll just happen again in a year or 2.

D

Deleted member

Unreal Engine actually has had performance issues with the Switch. As far as I know, YCW is the only one that runs at 60 fps :yoshi:
Hopefully future Unreal Engine titles on Switch manage to run with similar polish.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
To quote Boardwalk Empire's Arnold Rothstein: "Reputation takes a lifetime to build and only seconds to destroy."

Even if they decide to bring every feature back, people aren't going to live this one down.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Real mood hours:

Smash:

"I'm going to keep adding DLC characters to keep the game going for as long as I can/want to." ~ Sakurai.

Animal Crossing:

"We need to delay it a bit to improve it."

Metroid Prime 4:

"We weren't happy with it, so we're starting from scratch."

Pokemon:

"**** WE GOT TO GET IT OUT BY NOVEMBER TO MEET BLACK FRIDAY!"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It seems more like this comparison is completely random and unwarranted.
So, sue me. I just had to make that comparison because the PR stuff sounds like the Pokemon Sword and Shield games's development was bad. Now, Sonic 06's behind the scenes could have been worse, but it was bad just like how Pokemon Sword and Shield's development seemed to be. Believe me, I can see some similarities between the game's development.

Of course they're taking advantage of people. They're a company, they're all about that bottom line. If they can put the least amount of care, effort, and work possible into something and still make bank, then why wouldn't they?

I really hope this clues people in to not blindly buy Pokemon games because "aww cute puppymon," but I pretty much know it'll just happen again in a year or 2.
Sadly, you are right, it will happen again. But then again, what company doesn't take advantage of anyone's trust, for a lack of a better word?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Anyways, not suprised Mewtwo somehow found his way in. Was a little odd to see the Keldeo quartet and Kyurem trio in it but I suppose "theming with the region" would make some sense.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
A Godzilla fan art i found here.
Titans.jpg

Godzilla: The King of the Monsters
Rodan: The Fire Demon
Kong: The 8th Wonder
M.U.T.Os: The Nightmarish Parasites

Shinomura: The Shapeshifting Terror
Ghidorah: The Death Song of 3 Storms
Skullcrawlers: The Devils from Beneath
Mothra: The Queen of the Monsters

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, thinking about it a little harder.

"We're adding Pokemon that fit the region."

Yes, the Yorkshire Terrier and Bulldog don't fit at all.

But a cactus and dragon based on Polynesian Warriors are perfectly British enough.
Bellossom not being in Alola 2.0

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
You can totally have Mew without Mewtwo. And vice versa because Mew gets nothing unique to it while Mewtwo gets everything which is ironic given Mewtwo is the clone and not the original.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Real mood hours:

Smash:

"I'm going to keep adding DLC characters to keep the game going for as long as I can/want to." ~ Sakurai.

Animal Crossing:

"We need to delay it a bit to improve it."

Metroid Prime 4:

Pokemon:

"**** WE GOT TO GET IT OUT BY NOVEMBER TO MEET BLACK FRIDAY!"
Fire Emblem:
"We really need a lot more time, so we're delaying it into next year."

D

Deleted member

Metroid Prime 4:

God, I’m so hyped for that game.

I really want to get my hands on a Metroid game for Switch, more so as someone who sadly doesn’t have an Online subscription for Super Metroid.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You can totally have Mew without Mewtwo. And vice versa because Mew gets nothing unique to it while Mewtwo gets everything which is ironic given Mewtwo is the clone and not the original.
Yeah, whatever. What I meant, which I accidentally did not point out, that given Mewtwo is based off of Mew, DNA wise, I was wondering why Mewtwo was initially said to not get in. Sure, a bit silly, but just a thought.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
God, I’m so hyped for that game.

I really want to get my hands on a Metroid game for Switch, more so as someone who sadly doesn’t have an Online subscription for Super Metroid.
Aww dang. Super Metroid was pretty fun.

But I can't wait for MP4 as well. It'll be my first 3D Metroid.

Let's also not forget Bayo 3 was also delayed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aww dang. Super Metroid was pretty fun.

But I can't wait for MP4 as well. It'll be my first 3D Metroid.
If they port the Prime Trilogy on Switch, I would seriously suggest you to give the games a chance!

I personally believe they are some of the best motion control games ever made, since it really makes you feel as if you control Samus’ armour.

Also for lore stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom