• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Looking past #DexIt, it's clear that Pokemon Sword/Shield doesn't seem to be put together well. Poor visuals, bad framerate etc for a Switch game. I really think the game should have been delayed so it would have more polish.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Looking past #DexIt, it's clear that Pokemon Sword/Shield doesn't seem to be put together well. Poor visuals, bad framerate etc for a Switch game. I really think the game should have been delayed so it would have more polish.
It should be delayed, but they absolutely cannot because TPC wants it out by Holidays to maximize profits and be in line with their other merch.

It's sad when in reality, the Pokemon games themselves are probably only kept around because they know they'll print money, the actual quality of SwSd speaks volumes that Pokemon games are hammered out to meet holiday deadlines.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
On the whole SwSh debacle, I really think the annual releases are absolutely terrible in the more resource-heavy HD console development medium compared to the low-res handheld medium. I have to wonder if several features were cut and the inherent lack of polish was because they needed to make deadlines.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Infinite potential and a finite time frame and amount of resources don’t exactly fit together. I feel like it’d be a mess to try and represent all of Disney’s potential in just one game. Even just narrowing it down to one area of Disney’s expertise would still provide plenty of content for a game like this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It should be delayed, but they absolutely cannot because TPC wants it out by Holidays to maximize profits and be in line with their other merch.

It's sad when in reality, the Pokemon games themselves are probably only kept around because they know they'll print money, the actual quality of SwSd speaks volumes that Pokemon games are hammered out to meet holiday deadlines.
imagine how good and more, well, good Pokemon games would be if PC didnt push the games out every year like turds

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm still going to like the games.

But Game Freak's internal issues (and hiding them from fans if that one guy's info on Reddit is true) combined with having to meet The Pokémon Company's yearly deadline is very concerning.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm very curious about the reviews though. Will the totally-not-bribed-video-game-review-company give it a 10/10 and "best pokemon experience yet" and "this game makes you feel like spider-man" statements, or are the flaws just too apparent to ignore?

Only time will tell but damn am I bad at waiting. :191:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You really think this is a joke?

They had how many years to work on between XY and Sun/Moon and Sun/Moon still played like ass performance-wise? lol
oh wait, yeah, there was frame drops in those wasnt there.
This **** shook my whole house while I was in the bath tub and I thought I was destined for destruction. I'll let y'all know when the aliens begin their colonization process.
OOH ****, THE AYY LMAOS ARE COMING

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

The fact they are charging $60 for this is absolutely outrageous.

Shroob

Sup?
oh wait, yeah, there was frame drops in those wasnt there.

OOH ****, THE AYY LMAOS ARE COMING
Horde battles, which were one of the selling points of XY, dripping to like, 20-15 FPS.

And Sun/Moon still had the same drops atop of flashy particles while tanked the frame rate more.

GOD help you if you used any form of Weather, even with 2 Pokemon on the screen.

Unbound Hoopa on its own tanked the Frame Rate by like, 5, and as improbable as it is, 6 Unbound Hoopa + Sandstorm actually crashed XY.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The fact they are charging $60 for this is absolutely outrageous.
Dude Luigi's Mansion 3 was a good game but I would've definitely refused to pay 60 for it after paying.

I'd pay 45 tops, the game's just a tad bit too short for my liking. :drsad: Beat that **** in 12 hours with 100% completion, AKA 4 days.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That is precisely the reason why Gamefreak has been getting away with everything. They are literally putting in the bare minimum effort for a game, but because the name “Pokemon” is on it, people will buy it anyways.

Wish more people would vote with their wallets instead of just making a stink on Twitter & Reddit about this stuff
The problem here though is that the entire hardcore community could sadly not buy the game and it wouldn’t make much of a difference because the casual fanbase of Pokémon and younger side will completely overpower the hardcore audience because it’s just bigger.
Id like to see some core changes made but it’s just unfortunately unlikely until I see evidence of tpc thinking otherwise

Shroob

Sup?
Good night. Hopefully we get more insider info on this supposed leak of FP5 being announced this month.
It's 100% not coming this month.

If the unlisted video is Smash, it's just in preparation to upload the trailer next month after it's shown at the game awards.

We've seen them upload trailers a month in advance beforehand, this is nothing new.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Because they know a large portion of the fanbase will buy it no matter what and they care more about a quick buck than actual quality.
And they didn't put as much work as they should have in this game, and imagine how the fans will react when they end up not liking this. Can someone say "I have been ripped off by paying 60 dollars"?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
King SteSteSteve.png

Steve: "What the ever living H E double hockey sticks is this!?"
I picture Steve not being happy about the whole Grotesque Steve spamming.

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I'm interested.
Sorry for the delay, got caught up in something.
Well here y'all go then, it's right under this spoiler ('cause it's a bit of a big image.)
snick ultimate v3.png
I can explain any of the choices I made, if you guys want me to. I mainly wanted to prioritize a variety of shows represented instead of trying to follow the original series rep count mold (otherwise we'd have 6+ Ren and Stimpy characters on here for instance) because it'd be more fun that way. I'll definitely update that blank spot when we get the last Pass reveal.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Holy ****ing ****. This could explain a whole lot of stuff if true. What a mess this generation of Pokemon turned out to be.
1573530210262_LI (2).jpg

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
So the Game Awards are likely. A whole goddamn month ugh. Not the worst, but still isn't preferred.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well here y'all go then, it's right under this spoiler ('cause it's a bit of a big image.)
I can explain any of the choices I made, if you guys want me to. I mainly wanted to prioritize a variety of shows represented instead of trying to follow the original series rep count mold (otherwise we'd have 6+ Ren and Stimpy characters on here for instance) because it'd be more fun that way. I'll definitely update that blank spot when we get the last Pass reveal.
Reptar is too big. He'll never get in

Also, what is it about Otis that I crack up every time I look at him? His movie wasn't even that funny :yoshi:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
*sees Lincoln on the roster*
YES.gif

To be fair, my favourite white haired boy would be my number 1 main if this was real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom