• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I thought about who the guests would be in a Disney Smash Bros and think I've narrowed my list:

1. Dorothy Gale (Princess Ozma echo fighter)
2. Bugs Bunny
3. Woody Woodpecker
4. Popeye the Sailor Man
5. Gru
6. Spongebob Squarepants
7. Marceline the Vampire Queen
8. Arthur (Fern echo fighter)
9. Batman
10. Timmy Turner
11. Wallace & Gromit
12. Yui Hirasawa

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jaws is a good movie but man do I wish it wasn't made. It's pretty much solely responsible for the rise in anthropogenic shark extermination.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
When I say I’m pro remake, it’s not because I think they can make the original better, it’s because I want to see new people’s takes on classic stories. Like the old oral tradition of storytelling where it can change depending on who’s telling it. That’s why I like remakes and reboots.
You have to admit though that some people retell stories better than others. I’ve been mostly effy on the reboots/remakes I’ve seen so far but I’m more than willing to give kudos to those who can put their own spin on a existing property while fully acknowledging and respecting what people loved about the original.

Also im not saying CGI can’t be done well, but so can puppetry too, look at Audrey II from the Little Shop of Horrors film and tell me that doesn’t look convincing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s very interesting that despite everything,
Sword and shield have 6 out of10 of the top selling items on amazon atm and are number 1 on multiple sites.

I’m really curious as to how they handle it.
from the sounds of it a third version should honesty come and fix these issues with it hopefully leading to better management and time given by tpc over anything else.

Seeing how the franchise takes shape from this will really be a big one.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I thought about who the guests would be in a Disney Smash Bros and think I've narrowed my list:

2. Bugs Bunny
3. Woody Woodpecker
4. Popeye the Sailor Man
5. Gru
6. Spongebob Squarepants
9. Batman
10. Timmy Turner
11. Wallace & Gromit
12. Yui Hirasawa
Add Chilly Willy and your list is great. :)

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

2. Bugs Bunny
3. Woody Woodpecker
4. Popeye the Sailor Man
5. Gru
6. Spongebob Squarepants
9. Batman
10. Timmy Turner
11. Wallace & Gromit
12. Yui Hirasawa
There are some weird choices here.
Why would Timmy Turner be in if Spongebob is already in?
Why Marceline over Finn and Jake, the main characters? Although I do like Marceline more as a character.
And as much as I love Yui, I don't think she's anywhere near a popular enough character to be in a game with Mickey Mouse.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, this is a game that is totally worth $60! They really put so much time and effort into this product!!

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoringYummyUdonStinkyCheese

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnjoyableSavageRatNerfBlueBlaster

Who else is excited to watch the meta score for this dumpster fire completely tank?
There's 0 ways reviewers go hard on this, the game's going to get rave reviews since it's a multi-billion dollar triple-A staple series.

But the fans are really being proven right as more and more comes out.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
There are some weird choices here.
Why would Timmy Turner be in if Spongebob is already in?
Why Marceline over Finn and Jake, the main characters? Although I do like Marceline more as a character.
And as much as I love Yui, I don't think she's anywhere near a popular enough character to be in a game with Mickey Mouse.
I'll explain every choice right here, right now:
1. I chose Dorothy simply because I adore her. As for the echo, I initially followed the Smash format where the 5th third party gets an echo, but I couldn't think of one for Gru.
2, 3, and 4 are obvious classics that need to be in
5. Is a modern franchise from Universal.
6. Obvious modern fan favorite
7. Finn and Jake have been the stars too many times. Besides, I already had Wallace & Gromit as a "man plus dog" character. Besides, Marceline is cooler!
8. Arthur is more a joke and the choice of echo was between Buster and Fern.
9. It's Batman. Need I say more?
10. I don't know Nickelodeon at all but I know Fairy Oddparents is a classic that can lead to an exciting moves with Cosmo and Wanda (those are the names right?)
11. Wallace & Gromit is obvious
12. My K-ON! bias is shining, also seeing Yui fight Mickey inspired me to make this list.
13. Cyn Cyn requested Chilly Willy. That's a good enough reason to throw him in.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
It’s very interesting that despite everything,
Sword and shield have 6 out of10 of the top selling items on amazon atm and are number 1 on multiple sites.

I’m really curious as to how they handle it.
from the sounds of it a third version should honesty come and fix these issues with it hopefully leading to better management and time given by tpc over anything else.

Seeing how the franchise takes shape from this will really be a big one.
That is precisely the reason why Gamefreak has been getting away with everything. They are literally putting in the bare minimum effort for a game, but because the name “Pokemon” is on it, people will buy it anyways.

Wish more people would vote with their wallets instead of just making a stink on Twitter & Reddit about this stuff

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You have to admit though that some people retell stories better than others. I’ve been mostly effy on the reboots/remakes I’ve seen so far but I’m more than willing to give kudos to those who can put their own spin on a existing property while fully acknowledging and respecting what people loved about the original.

Also im not saying CGI can’t be done well, but so can puppetry too, look at Audrey II from the Little Shop of Horrors film and tell me that doesn’t look convincing.
I’ve seen that movie and you can tell it’s made of plastic.

And I’m not saying reboots can’t be done badly, they often are. But I don’t like this culture of “remakes are always bad” because it discourages people from even trying. Even people who really could do it well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's 0 ways reviewers go hard on this, the game's going to get rave reviews since it's a multi-billion dollar triple-A staple series.
what do you think the obligatory IGN rating will say?

9.0 too much animation?

Shroob

Sup?
what do you think the obligatory IGN rating will say?

9.0 too much animation?
Lowkey I just want someone to make a early 2000's-tier meme video of the Dogs spinning in place while doing their walk cycle with a bass boosted Running in the 90's playing.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
1. I chose Dorothy simply because I adore her. As for the echo, I initially followed the Smash format where the 5th third party gets an echo, but I couldn't think of one for Gru.
7. Finn and Jake have been the stars too many times. Besides, I already had Wallace & Gromit as a "man plus dog" character. Besides, Marceline is cooler!
10. I don't know Nickelodeon at all but I know Fairy Oddparents is a classic that can lead to an exciting moves with Cosmo and Wanda (those are the names right?)
12. My K-ON! bias is shining, also seeing Yui fight Mickey inspired me to make this list.
13. Cyn Cyn requested Chilly Willy. That's a good enough reason to throw him in.
Just wanted to say, if you need an echo for gru:
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...KHQsvCj4Q4dUDCAc&uact=5#imgrc=4syR-Wk5b3h0dM:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I mean, Finn and Jake are the stars so often because they're literally the stars of the show haha imagine if they added Proto Man before Mega Man because he's cooler.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So, I have to ask... Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many Spirit teams you can make in Ultimate?

I was just wondering for whenever I get buy the game sometime in the future...and also save up for a Switch..

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Tom and Jerry movie? You don't mean the one with the songs that many people did not like, right?
I mean the one that's coming out next year.
Oh good. But if these make Kirby any better (big if) then who does that leave as the worst character in the game now?
It can only be :ultlittlemac:.

2. Bugs Bunny
3. Woody Woodpecker
4. Popeye the Sailor Man
5. Gru
6. Spongebob Squarepants
9. Batman
10. Timmy Turner
11. Wallace & Gromit
12. Yui Hirasawa
Disney has hundreds of franchises, it doesn't need any guest characters. Plus it probably couldn't get the rights for most of them anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom