• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Y'know what I've never done? Watched any of the Wallace and Gromit short films or movie.

All my knowledge is from Grand Adventures.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can't wait for the inevitable Jaws remake with an CGI shark...*Cringes*

Admit it guys. We all know its coming eventually...
It already exists. It’s called The Meg.

I actually liked that movie but whatevs.

Also, imo, CGI is always super convincing, muppets are easily seen through. The only movie that used puppets for its monsters that still looks good is Jurassic Park. And that’s because it was the peak of the technology and super ****ing expensive.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.

Also, imo, CGI is always super convincing, muppets are easily seen through. The only movie that used puppets for its monsters that still looks good is Jurassic Park. And that’s because it was the peak of the technology and super ****ing expensive.
Yeah, but while I am not Michael, to me, Jaws is far better the way they did him in the original. Sometimes, nothing can beat the original.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah try saying that after watching John Carpenter’s The Thing and the prequel film back to back

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah try saying that after watching John Carpenter’s The Thing and the prequel film back to back
the funniest thing about The Thing is that the canon sequel to the original 1980s film was a ****ing PS2 game

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

What do you mean by "muppets are easily seen through"?

Are you trying to tell me Kermit isn't a real frog? Because that's literally insane.

It's not easy being green, he doesn't need this slander on top of that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Even so, still looked good to me. It is still a good movie. I mean, if they were saying it back then, they are probably saying it more now, if age means anything.
It’s a good movie. I’ll concede to that.

When I say I’m pro remake, it’s not because I think they can make the original better, it’s because I want to see new people’s takes on classic stories. Like the old oral tradition of storytelling where it can change depending on who’s telling it. That’s why I like remakes and reboots.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What do you mean by "muppets are easily seen through"?

Are you trying to tell me Kermit isn't a real frog? Because that's literally insane.

It's not easy being green, he doesn't need this slander on top of that.
The reason Jim Henson’s stuff was so good was because A) he never tried to convince the audience his puppets were real, and B) he embraced the limits of the medium with styleized designs.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
It’s a good movie. I’ll concede to that.

When I say I’m pro remake, it’s not because I think they can make the original better, it’s because I want to see new people’s takes on classic stories. Like the old oral tradition of storytelling where it can change depending on who’s telling it. That’s why I like remakes and reboots.
I see. I don't think remakes are always necessary, but I will admit, CGI isn't that bad.

N u h h u h!

This is more better than that one. And that is final!
Try and make it so! :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Really? I actually liked it.

Oh well. Here.

It's not bad, but it's not phenomenal. That's what I'm expecting from these type of praise posts.

Something that'd make me go like this like when I first heard the Giratina track (or from recent times, the Zinnia theme).

images.gif

Last edited:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
"We're working on improving animations"

"So that was a lie."
I mean, in their very very slight defense, the signature moves for the starter evos that I've seen aren't half bad.

But it's outweighed by how bad the rest of the animations are.

D

Deleted member

Dis guy knows what's up
Like really the CGI in the 2011 prequel is so hilariously awful. The practical effects in the 1980s film have lost some of their original luster but they've aged remarkably well.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
At least the music in SwSh is top-notch.
wait, so it goes unused?

All the stuff that has come out about the game has made me concerned. I'm still getting the game and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but it seems Game Freak has taken a big dip in quality. I want to blame it on The Pokémon Company, but I'm not sure how much of it is actually them rushing Game Freak. I guess I find it more reasonable to assume it's exactly that, though. Either way, I still appreciate Game Freak and I hope things turn out better for them, and they'll find a way to bring back the quality they were producing before. The game still looks good, but honestly not at the same level as other big Switch games (though some places have really good looking textures probably at the same level as other games), and then there's the big list of cut moves and stuff, strange animations...which, while it won't hamper how much I enjoy it much, it still feels like less...

At least all the new Pokémon and regional forms are cool. I'm sure the story will be good.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The reason Jim Henson’s stuff was so good was because A) he never tried to convince the audience his puppets were real, and B) he embraced the limits of the medium with styleized designs.
I don't like what you're saying. Kermit is a real frog who plays a banjo, Miss Piggy is a real pig with beautiful hair, Fozzy is a real bear comedian, and Gonzo is a long nosed purple... thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom