• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I mean, Finn and Jake are the stars so often because they're literally the stars of the show haha imagine if they added Proto Man before Mega Man because he's cooler.
I did consider Finn and Jake but I ran into a moves problem due to fighting too similarly to the POTC characters (who mostly use Swords) so I cut them in favor of Marceline.

I also considered Ed Edd n Eddy mostly for this song:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I mean the one that's coming out next year.

It can only be :ultlittlemac:.

Disney has hundreds of franchises, it doesn't need any guest characters. Plus it probably couldn't get the rights for most of them anyways.
True, but this might happen anyways.

What about Shrek as a guest fighter?
Maybe... I did consider Shrek but I didn't think Disney would be happy with him in the game considering Lord Farquaad...

Go for a Soul Calibur 2 situation, Mario on Switch, Banjo on XBOne, and... Uh... Sackboy? on PS4.
Nope, because then people with a PC would complain that they don't get a Guest Fighter.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I almost always prefer practical effects, especially for costumes like the Predator and some super-hero suits looking better in their practical versions, as opposed to their CG versions. But good GCI is still pretty good.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
This talk about a Disney Smash Bros. game reminds me of something similar I did, but with Nickelodeon instead. Is anyone interested in seeing what I did?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’ve seen that movie and you can tell it’s made of plastic.
How about you look past that and look at the movements, articulations and interactions with the environment and characters, the physical presence is an advantage those kind of effects have over CGI most of the time. Though I will say that a good number of recent films has started making the CGI have a lot more presence.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What I’m finding with my own desire with Pokémon, is the reality that my desires do not match with the interests of the target audience. Sure, we’ve had Pokémon games that have built upon each subsequent entry, but having certain qualities simply may not have been feasible.

Am I pleased with subpar animations? A lack of a Pokémon from previous generations that I’m excited for? Potential lack of postgame content? No. I’m frustrated, actually. I’ve always hoped Pokémon would make a sizeable leap, and it’s frustrating to see that it likely won’t.

The thing that always saves Pokémon for me is the gameplay. I’ve always loved it, it’s what keeps me coming back.

I’ll be awaiting this game with excitement, as I do for any Pokémon adventure. However, I will reserve total judgment for when I actually play the game. Previous Pokémon animations were minimal outside of battle, so certain things don’t bother me. I at least hope that Game Freak and TPC learn something from this and can improve going forward.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Quick thing about this Disney Smash Bros idea is that I had a similar idea but it focused more on Disney animated series like Ducktales, Gravity Falls, Kim Possible, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, etc. and I think an idea like that has a lot more potential.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I saw some leaks:
There are no turning animations, the models just start into a walking animation and spin.

There is apparently NO MUSIC in the final legendary fights.

These games are disgustingly unfinished.
I...thought you were kidding about the no music thing... But i just saw the clip and Im kinda glad Im not buying the game now

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So I'm not sure how truthful this is but

According to dataminers, yes, these actually ARE the 3DS models. When they are loaded into the game, the game calls in an HD texture that puts itself atop the model... which still has the 3DS textures on underneath it.

.........Do they not realize that all those unnecessary textures take up space?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Quick thing about this Disney Smash Bros idea is that I had a similar idea but it focused more on Disney animated series like Gravity Falls, Kim Possible, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, etc. and I think an idea like that has a lot more potential.
I thought about that but realized all of Disney should be included for infinite character potential.
I then decided Guest fighters would be fun to have.

Marvel and Star Wars don't appear though as I can't make movesets for these characters.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I thought about that but realized all of Disney should be included for infinite character potential.

Marvel and Star Wars don't appear though as I can't make movesets for these characters.
Why not? Look at Marvel vs capcom if you need inspiration, there's tons of potential there.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Why not? Look at Marvel vs capcom if you need inspiration, there's tons of potential there.
It's not that I can't make movesets, it's that I want to focus on other Disney properties and Guest characters.

Besides, a character being fun to play is more important than throwing in every single superhero and Jedi.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I just feel like all of Disney is a bit TOO much to work with, plus there’s a good half of Disney properties I can’t imagine being in a fighting game.

Also really?! If anything I’d say Marvel and Star Wars characters have the most moveset potential...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I just feel like all of Disney is a bit TOO much to work with, plus there’s a good half of Disney properties I can’t imagine being in a fighting game.

Also really?! If anything I’d say Marvel and Star Wars characters have the most moveset potential...
Winnie the Pooh won't get in because of their N O N V I O L E N C E :ultisabelle::ultisabelle::ultisabelle::ultisabelle::ultisabelle:

:yoshi:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
So I'm not sure how truthful this is but

According to dataminers, yes, these actually ARE the 3DS models. When they are loaded into the game, the game calls in an HD texture that puts itself atop the model... which still has the 3DS textures on underneath it.

.........Do they not realize that all those unnecessary textures take up space?
The development of these games would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
It's not that I can't make movesets, it's that I want to focus on other Disney properties and Guest characters.

Besides, a character being fun to play is more important than throwing in every single superhero and Jedi.
Your decision, i'd have atleast thrown in Darth Vader and Spiderman though, technically they are disney properties now.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Funny thing is, I have 7 POTC characters in my roster (it is Smash Ultimate based and POTC is like FE) and they all but one have swords in their movesets.

I do agree there are some Disney properties that can't work as fighters (off the top of my head, I can't make Piglet as a fighter. He and the rest of the 100 acre wood gang aren't violent at all). But I try to be creative (hence why I chose Riley Anderson as a hockey based fighter with her Final Smash involving being transported into her head where the emotions dump the unlucky fighter into the Memory Dump) and focus on more than just the easy stuff.

As for not having Marvel and Star Wars, the two are already in fighting games, this is giving the rest of Disney a chance.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
what are you, sakurai in the terry direct?

you gonna ban ariel for being too sexy while you're at it? :secretkpop:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This has me concerned:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/co...e_decision_of_removing_the/f77grdr/?context=3

The guy has proof he knew of Sword and Shield before they were announced, and he knew in 2018.

If what he says is true, I'm really concerned; while it could be they had problems figuring things out on their own combined with being rushed by The Pokémon Company, planning this kind of stuff and basically lying to fans doesn't feel right. They really should consider hiring more people/getting a lot more help from now on.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This has me concerned:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/co...e_decision_of_removing_the/f77grdr/?context=3

The guy has proof he knew of Sword and Shield before they were announced, and he knew in 2018.

If what he says is true, I'm really concerned; while it could be they had problems figuring things out on their own combined with being rushed by The Pokémon Company, planning this kind of stuff and basically lying to fans doesn't feel right. They really should consider hiring more people/getting a lot more help from now on.
.....I mean, the dude has proof, there's not much we can really say about that now is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom