• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I had the misfortune to fight buffed puff today.

They really thought Jigglypuff needed more levels of ridonkulous, huh? :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

I just read that you can’t get the “true ending” in your first run. Is that true? Not to say I couldn’t do it, but that would definitely be cutting it close if Pokémon is taking over by Friday, lol.
No you can. Bit weird though.

So you beat the game and get the normal ending. Once done there, go reload your save file and fulfill a specific set of requirements. None of this applies if you killed someone though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just read that you can’t get the “true ending” in your first run. Is that true? Not to say I couldn’t do it, but that would definitely be cutting it close if Pokémon is taking over by Friday, lol.
Technically, you can't complete Pacifist without beating the game, but it's still considered the same run nevertheless if you pursue that ending because it's on the same save file.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I saw some leaks:
There are no turning animations, the models just start into a walking animation and spin.

There is apparently NO MUSIC in the final legendary fights.

These games are disgustingly unfinished.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I had the misfortune to fight buffed puff today.

They really thought Jigglypuff needed more levels of ridonkulous, huh? :secretkpop:
Oh ****. Puff finally got buffed? Does this mean poor Kirb will finally get something?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I saw some leaks:
There are no turning animations, the models just start into a walking animation and spin.

That doesn't stop me from wanting

Rillaboom

For Smash!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm 90% sure that the issues SwSh have is probably 100% on TPC and them alone. It's clear that they pretty much rush GF to no end, and refuse to extend deadlines and such. I know it's to get it in for the rest of the media, but it's OK to kick back and relax.

Don't get me wrong, the game still looks like fun, but take it easy...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sometimes I wonder why people are still keeping onto the pre-order of SwSh. How loyal is too loyal before you just become a drone? Are people really that accepting and willing to purchase anything GF regurgitates, regardless of the amount of content or quality thereof?

:061: I wasn't gonna buy the game anyway but man seeing all this hype crumble beneath the people's feet is just sad. Optimism decimated.

Oh ****. Puff finally got buffed? Does this mean poor Kirb will finally get something?
Read the patch notes, Kirby was buffed. It's just that Puff's buffs were ridiculous and now D-Air to Rest is a true combo.

Google is your friend on that department.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I saw some leaks:

Are you kidding me? Even if this is real, I say what a joke.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Sometimes I wonder why people are still keeping onto the pre-order of SwSh. How loyal is too loyal before you just become a drone? Are people really that accepting and willing to purchase anything GF regurgitates, regardless of the amount of content or quality thereof?

:061: I wasn't gonna buy the game anyway but man seeing all this hype crumble beneath the people's feet is just sad. Optimism decimated.
Is that a copy-paste? I swear I've read this exact reply before.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I saw some leaks:

I may not know all the details on the SwSh thing but Nascour battles in Colosseum had no music either. I liked it as it provided a unique atmosphere to the battle.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh good. But if these make Kirby any better (big if) then who does that leave as the worst character in the game now?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Gross? I beg your pardon?

Who do you want instead?

2,000 IQ Greninja? Or perhaps firey anime supporting character?
They're both better designs, but honestly I don't want Ultimate to be touched by this dumpster fire of a Pokemon generation.

They skipped 3 and 5, they're more than welcome to do it again.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
What's a better *current* game off the top of your head?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh good. But if these make Kirby any better (big if) then who does that leave as the worst character in the game now?
Define "worst character".

Why do people even say Kirby is the worst? If he ducks, all of Terry's moveset is null :4jigglypuff: That's a hard counter if I've ever seen one, just press :GCD:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
They're both better designs, but honestly I don't want Ultimate to be touched by this dumpster fire of a Pokemon generation.

They skipped 3 and 5, they're more than welcome to do it again.
Sure. Sceptile would be the best Grass Starter for inclusion. But here's this.

1. Water / Fire / Grass
6. Water
7. Fire
8. (Grass)

It makes sense pattern wise, however much that's worth. But going for a promo grass starter seems to be the most logical starter for inclusion.

And I need a Grass Starter solo...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's a better *current* game off the top of your head?
Define "current". :p This month? This year? This day? You gotta set the parameters.

From what I'm hearing on these datamining leaks, the game is looking like another Berserk 2017 disaster. At least there's other titles supporting GF's weight at the moment, but I wonder if the reviews will be good.

Current as in this console generation? Or released/releasing this month?

Either way, Luigi's Mansion 3.
Took the words out of my mouth.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Current as in this console generation? Or released/releasing this month?

Either way, Luigi's Mansion 3.
Perhaps, but I'm already getting that game. I'm talking about an alternative to getting Pokemon Shield

Define "current". :p This month? This year? This day? You gotta set the parameters.

From what I'm hearing on these datamining leaks, the game is looking like another Berserk 2017 disaster.
Let's say I don't get Pokemon Shield. What other game that came out in the last month (or two) should I get instead?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Let's say I don't get Pokemon Shield. What other game that came out in the last month (or two) should I get instead?
In terms of exclusives?

Luigi's Mansion, Daemon X Machina, and Astral Chain. Dragon Quest XI if you haven't picked it up. Haven't played Link's Awakening, but that's also an option. There's probably 2 more, but I can't remember the entire line-up.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sure. Sceptile would be the best Grass Starter for inclusion. But here's this.

1. Water / Fire / Grass
6. Water
7. Fire
8. (Grass)

It makes sense pattern wise, however much that's worth. But going for a promo grass starter seems to be the most logical starter for inclusion.

And I need a Grass Starter solo...
Alternatively, we need a dedicated Pokémon Smash game instead.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, but I'm already getting that game. I'm talking about an alternative to getting Pokemon Shield

If you like Star Wars and Soulslikes, Jedi Fallen Order seems pretty neat and is coming out the same day as SwSh.

Otherwise, DQ11S:EoaEA:DE is a good Pokemon replacement. Has a similar feel but with actual polish and tons of excellent content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom