• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
No because the idea behind limited resources is "You can't spam it but it packs one hell of a punch". It's not a strict downgrade but meant to justify giving characters such powerful tools
Fair enough.

Still, what do you think is the best way to allow a character to move around (and perhaps aim?) freely while being able to fire projectiles? I’d imagine keeping the opponent out while also being precise with said shots rather than spamming would be the main goal, so, you’d want there to be as many options as possible.

Thinking about it now, tank controls could be reserved for an “aiming” stance, very similar to how Breegull Blaster works, so that their normal mobility isn’t affected.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fair enough.

Still, what do you think is the best way to allow a character to move around (and perhaps aim?) freely while being able to fire projectiles? I’d imagine keeping the opponent out while also being precise with said shots rather than spamming would be the main goal, so, you’d want there to be as many options as possible.

Thinking about it now, tank controls could be reserved for an “aiming” stance, very similar to how Breegull Blaster works, so that their normal mobility isn’t affected.
Simple. Noodle length hitbox and limited bullets per stocks. In terms of mobility, just make them slow as **** and boom, the Resi 1 experience. Even saving the game was something you had limited resources for

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
call it a hunch, but i think we might be getting a fifth smash brothers dlc character

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
osby osby and all other Persona 5 fans

So I just got to the part after Nijima's palace. The characters have finished talking about their plan to fake Joker's Death and moved thoroughly past it. And I just have one question. Like, does Sae still have a palace? They never stole her treasure after all. Did like, the stuff they did on the outside with her and cause her to apologize make it go away, or does she still see the courthouse as a rigged slot machine? Is this addressed anywhere?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Simple. Noodle length hitbox and limited bullets per stocks. In terms of mobility, just make them slow as **** and boom, the Resi 1 experience. Even saving the game was something you had limited resources for
I’m talking more about the specifics of how mobility with the gunplay would work. Do you think it should just be a typical projectile that you can’t move during? I’m saying that there should be some aiming and strafing options so that, even if the character is super slow, you have some versatility beyond just standing or falling and shooting straight ahead.

Maybe they could just be able to move slowly forward or backward during the starting lag and ending lag of the shot + they can hold up or down to angle it, like with Robo Beam.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
osby osby and all other Persona 5 fans

So I just got to the part after Nijima's palace. The characters have finished talking about their plan to fake Joker's Death and moved thoroughly past it. And I just have one question. Like, does Sae still have a palace? They never stole her treasure after all. Did like, the stuff they did on the outside with her and cause her to apologize make it go away, or does she still see the courthouse as a rigged slot machine? Is this addressed anywhere?
She didn't really need to have her heart stolen to get a change of heart. She basically turned her personality around, effectively removing her palace.

D

Deleted member

Yeah! Suck a ****, Havel! Gimme dat ring. Mm! Chiseled you straight into hell.

Anyways, how are things here?
I’m trying to solve the mystery of the first part of your post.

I think the old grumpy farmer is behind it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’m talking more about the specifics of how mobility with the gunplay would work. Do you think it should just be a typical projectile that you can’t move during? I’m saying that there should be some aiming and strafing options so that, even if the character is super slow, you have some versatility beyond just standing or falling and shooting straight ahead.

Maybe they could just be able to move slowly forward or backward during the starting lag and ending lag of the shot + they can hold up or down to angle it, like with Robo Beam.
Just no mobility, the most iconic gun in Resi to me, is the Magnum. Just have whoever gets picked shoot an insanely fast and insanely powerful bullet right in front of them. Again, ludicrous power but only like, 3 per stock. After that you need to approach the enemies yourself with your significantly weaker and slower moves. Do that for a knife special or herbs special as down b too even

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cue speculation on what this means in three, two...
censored meme.jpg

Previous experiences have taught me this either means news is coming within the next week or so, or sometime next month.

There's no gray area.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Just no mobility, the most iconic gun in Resi to me, is the Magnum. Just have whoever gets picked shoot an insanely fast and insanely powerful bullet right in front of them. Again, ludicrous power but only like, 3 per stock. After that you need to approach the enemies yourself with your significantly weaker and slower moves. Do that for a knife special or herbs special as down b too even
Fair enough... really, I’m just somewhat interested in seeing a character with interesting gunplay in general. Bullet Arts and also Joker’s gun dodges are interesting on paper, but I don’t see them used much, so I’d like to see something with a bit of nuance while also being a bit stronger than puny pinpricks such that more people take the time to find interesting ways to use them.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Woah. It's been a while since I've been around these parts. But I am back. No promises I won't vanish again though. How've you all been enjoying Ultimate almost a year in? I shuffled through mains a lot, and I ultimately found I'm most comfortable playing as Chrom. That said, I try to use many different fighters as often as I can. Others I'm really enjoying are Zelda, Bowser, Hero, and Terry.

D

Deleted member

I know you don’t think it’s likley happening but can I at least show you who I think would be likley for spirit upgrades? I’ll do it after my shift is over

D

Deleted member

Woah. It's been a while since I've been around these parts. But I am back. No promises I won't vanish again though. How've you all been enjoying Ultimate almost a year in? I shuffled through mains a lot, and I ultimately found I'm most comfortable playing as Chrom. That said, I try to use many different fighters as often as I can. Others I'm really enjoying are Zelda, Bowser, Hero, and Terry.
Ultimate is one of the best games ever, imo!

It has everything I wanted! Samus, Ridley, Dark Samus, K.Rool, the DQ8 Hero, a Slime Mii hat, awesome song choices I wanted both intact and as remixes, great stages, Brinstar Depths, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, cool newcomers such as Terry or Simon Belmont, veterans I wanted back, great modes, awesome Story Mode and a badass classic mode!

It is the best crossover ever created in official media!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom