• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Jill would mechanically be more interesting than Nemesis, at least if some of the Survival Horror elements were kept in, like managing ammo. And enemies dropping ammo after landing certain attacks.

Though whether or not said character needs tank controls is up for debate I guess.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Thanks a lot! I'm naturally a kinda fast speaker, so that's probably why is sounds a bit rushed. It really sucks when I'm doing voice over though, since I don't really realize that I'm going fast.
You’re welcome. That’s why voice directors ask for several takes of the same line, but yeah might be best to listen to your takes a couple times and see why you think you can improve on or show some more people to get their input.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You’re welcome. That’s why voice directors ask for several takes of the same line, but yeah might be best to listen to your takes a couple times and see why you think you can improve on.
Oh yeah, certainly. This was more of a thing for fun, but when I actually start doing more serious stuff with the voice, I'm doing that.

Shroob

Sup?
Jill would mechanically be more interesting than Nemesis, at least if some of the Survival Horror elements were kept in, like managing ammo. And enemies dropping ammo after landing certain attacks.

Though whether or not said character needs tank controls is up for debate I guess.
>tank controls

*evil hissing*

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So like, maybe It's just because of my recent interests, but I've become interested in a Persona character appearing in Tekken. IDK, I just wanna see how a character like that would work in a 3D fighter.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
>tank controls

*evil hissing*
The closest I can imagine to tank controls in Smash is a character that requires you to tap up or down to make them turn around, otherwise they walk backwards if you try to make them turn around the same way you would a typical character.

It‘d probably be pretty clunky, although it could be useful for shooting projectiles while walking in and out of your opponent’s range. It’d be somewhat similar to how a character handles while holding a Cracker Launcher or Daybreak.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cue speculation on what this means in three, two...
no......

this can not be.......

it's not smash.... it can't be.....

But if it is.....

that would mean fighter 5 wouldn't be shown at the game awards, meaning anything shown their would be for post-pass........

Geno-Doomslayer double reveal potentially lives.......
I never said they couldn’t, just the first two that came to mind.
Like.... IDK...... Makoto would be a fun character, but especially as DLC, I just don't think she has as much draw as a protagonist would.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The closest I can imagine to tank controls in Smash is a character that requires you to tap up or down to make them turn around, otherwise they walk backwards if you try to make them turn around the same way you would a typical character.

It‘d probably be pretty clunky, although it could be useful for shooting projectiles while walking in and out of your opponent’s range. It’d be somewhat similar to how a character handles while holding a Cracker Launcher or Daybreak.
Tank controls is a garbage idea for Smash as there's plenty of characters giving examples of garbage mobility you can use instead. A gimmick isn't meant to strictly be harmful to the character

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Tank controls is a garbage idea for Smash as there's plenty of characters giving examples of garbage mobility you can use instead. A gimmick isn't meant to strictly be harmful to the character
Aren’t :ultrobin:’s weapon durability, :ultinkling:‘s ink meter, and:ulthero:‘s MP meter strictly harmful gimmicks, since their moves would be infinite use without them? In actuality, it does result in the balancing team making those limited options stronger to compensate, but still.
The main idea of this is giving the character freedom to walk forward and backward while firing projectiles. :ultmegaman: for example can only walk forward while shooting pellets on the ground, by comparison. I’d imagine the character would also get a couple extra normals, like a back tilt and a back smash, so that they’re not as useless when facing the wrong way.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In b4 its not FP5 and rather just something else.
That would be odd...

One thing I'd like to clarify is that this is not Smash World shenanigans.

The channel name for this video from Smash World is "Super Smash Bros Ultimate"

Whereas reveal trailers and the like are under "Super Smash Bros"

...or the original poster could've forgotten to check notifications the past week. Anything is possible!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That would be odd...

One thing I'd like to clarify is that this is not Smash World shenanigans.

The channel name for this video from Smash World is "Super Smash Bros Ultimate"

Whereas reveal trailers and the like are under "Super Smash Bros"

...or the original poster could've forgotten to check notifications the past week. Anything is possible!
I'm just trying to keep expectations low so to not disappointment myself. That's all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Aren’t :ultrobin:’s weapon durability, :ultinkling:‘s ink meter, and:ulthero:‘s MP meter strictly harmful gimmicks, since their moves would be infinite use without them? In actuality, it does result in the balancing team making those limited options stronger to compensate, but still.
The main idea of this is giving the character freedom to walk forward and backward while firing projectiles. :ultmegaman: for example can only walk forward while shooting pellets on the ground, by comparison. I’d imagine the character would also get a couple extra normals, like a back tilt and a back smash, so that they’re not as useless when facing the wrong way.
No because the idea behind limited resources is "You can't spam it but it packs one hell of a punch". It's not a strict downgrade but meant to justify giving characters such powerful tools

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
A new unlisted video?

Either it's a commercial or a "Tune into the game awards for news on challenger 5!"

Imo
Commercials don't go on the Super Smash Bros channel.

Only reveal trailers (from both 4 and Ultimate and in multiple languages), those highlight reels from prelaunch, and the initial trailer and WOL sections go on that channel.
Commercials and Sakurai Presentations are on Nintendo's channel
Smash World uploads are on a separate "Super Smash Bros Ultimate" channel that only exists if searching via Smash World on the phone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
no......

this can not be.......

it's not smash.... it can't be.....

But if it is.....

that would mean fighter 5 wouldn't be shown at the game awards, meaning anything shown their would be for post-pass........

Geno-Doomslayer double reveal potentially lives.......
*laughs in porky*

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cue speculation on what this means in three, two...
I mean, I don't see what else it could be. What else is uploaded to the Smash channel anyhow?

D

Deleted member

Commercials don't go on the Super Smash Bros channel.

Only reveal trailers (from both 4 and Ultimate and in multiple languages), those highlight reels from prelaunch, and the initial trailer and WOL sections go on that channel.
Commercials and Sakurai Presentations are on Nintendo's channel
Smash World uploads are on a separate "Super Smash Bros Ultimate" channel that only exists if searching via Smash World on the phone.
This is some Scooby-Doo or Sherlock Holmes-tier amount of points for a mystery.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Never a good idea to overestimate what it is. It could be a handful of different things.

I'm not going to say it's Character 5, but it depends on how long in advance these are uploaded. I don't think it really changes anything in terms of the timing of a reveal.

Still expecting the Fighter 5 reveal to be at TGA.

D

Deleted member

Mark my words, I'd totally watch Sakurai play through anything.
If Sakurai made a gameplay channel and played:

>Metroid Prime Trilogy
>Super Metroid
>Zero Mission
>Fusion
>Samus Returns
>DQ8
>DQ3
>DQXI S
>Ultimate Alliance 1
>Ultimate Alliance 3
>Spider-Man PS4
>Godzilla:Save The Earth
>Marvel vs Capcom 2
>Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
>Pokémon Nuzlockes
>And Undertale

I would legit worship him as the only god.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Sakurai made a gameplay channel and played:

>Metroid Prime Trilogy
>Super Metroid
>Zero Mission
>Fusion
>Samus Returns
>DQ8
>DQ3
>DQXI S
>Ultimate Alliance 1
>Ultimate Alliance 3
>Spider-Man PS4
>Godzilla:Save The Earth
>Marvel vs Capcom 2
>Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
>Pokémon Nuzlockes
>And Undertale

I would legit worship him as the only god.
Watch that's what's on the Smash Channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom