• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh that could very well happen, we may go into TGAs and get an announcement of an announcement, which while unfortunate, would actually mirror how the last game's DLC cycle ended.

However, I'm honestly not rushing to know who 5# is. We legitimately haven't been surprised since Joker, and I'm honestly a-ok not knowing who 5# is. Sure, tell me who it isn't, that's great and helps me get a better idea what's going on, but don't tell me who it is.
I will never understand this mindset. I just can’t. I get nothing from a surprise other than stress and frustration. And that brief moment of surprise isn’t worth the months of stress and frustration not knowing causes.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
As a competitive Smasher (or... trying to be competitive), I'm in this for the long haul.
Any new DLC character, regardless of who they are, is going to be interesting because if we keep getting stuff like :ultjoker::ulthero:etc., it's gonna be VERY interesting how all these characters factor into the metagame.

And the roster is gonna keep getting bigger, and bigger... and bigger. So many matchups...

And I got like 15+ characters I play when in reality I should only really play like... 3-4 max.

And there's a good chance I might pick up a DLC character seriously...

And I'm trying to go competitive in a couple of other Fighting Games.

pokemon-anime-distressed-rowlet-1162483-1280x0.jpeg

Oh God what have I gotten myself into.

D

Deleted member

However, I'm honestly not rushing to know who 5# is. We legitimately haven't been surprised since Joker, and I'm honestly a-ok not knowing who 5# is. Sure, tell me who it isn't, that's great and helps me get a better idea what's going on, but don't tell me who it is.
Me too. At this point, I'm interested in anyone, especially if I never played their series.

I will never understand this mindset. I just can’t. I get nothing from a surprise other than stress and frustration. And that brief moment of surprise isn’t worth the months of stress and frustration not knowing causes.
Really? It's the opposite for me. When someone is leaked, especially if it's a character I want (like Geno or Erdrick), I get incredibly competitive and speculation ends up taking too much time out of my day. I go over all the facts, piece together potential connections, check credibility, argue in the Geno thread, check Vergeben's post history, the usual. Can't say some peace time to just ****post with the boys isn't nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
We legitimately haven't been surprised since Joker, and I'm honestly a-ok not knowing who 5# is.
Wait, did Banjo get leaked somewhere?

As a competitive Smasher (or... trying to be competitive), I'm in this for the long haul.
Any new DLC character, regardless of who they are, is going to be interesting because if we keep getting stuff like :ultjoker::ulthero:etc., it's gonna be VERY interesting how all these characters factor into the metagame.

And the roster is gonna keep getting bigger, and bigger... and bigger. So many matchups...

And I got like 15+ characters I play when in reality I should only really play like... 3-4 max.

View attachment 246127
Hey man, at least you have a better handle on the game competitively than I do. I'm pretty decent, but I want to get better, just don't know how.

I have been practicing with Terry, though, for my Thanksgiving brother beatdown. The muscle memory isn't there like with Dark Samus, but I think the element of surprise will be enough to bust their wolves.

Shroob

Sup?
The trade off then is months of boredom.

"Oh, Verg said X?"

"Yup."

"Cool."

*Dead silence*

I love Hero to death but my god, we knew he was coming for six whole months, and the only people who didn't want to believe it were people that tried to spin the "WHAT IF BRAVE MEANS THE CHARACTER IS REALLY BRAVE?!" card.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 246127
I got a feeling we’re going up to 100 Characters.
Why do I think of that?

Shroob

Sup?
Wait, did Banjo get leaked somewhere?

Hey man, at least you have a better handle on the game competitively than I do. I'm pretty decent, but I want to get better, just don't know how.

I have been practicing with Terry, though, for my Thanksgiving brother beatdown. The muscle memory isn't there like with Dark Samus, but I think the element of surprise will be enough to bust their wolves.
Yeah?

First with Shinobi over on ResetEra which started a panic frenzy of "OMG BANJO'S AT E3" posts and then Verg backed it up.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Me too. At this point, I'm interested in anyone, especially if I never played their series.

Really? It's the opposite for me. When someone is leaked, especially if it's a character I want (like Geno or Erdrick), I get incredibly competitive and speculation ends up taking too much time out of my day. I go over all the facts, piece together potential connections, check credibility, argue in the Geno thread, check Vergeben's post history, the usual. Can't say some peace time to just ****post with the boys isn't nice.
I’m not saying I want constant leaks and speculation wars. I just want one leak that has all the characters and is just right.
The trade off then is months of boredom.

"Oh, Verg said X?"

"Yup."

"Cool."

*Dead silence*

I love Hero to death but my god, we knew he was coming for six whole months, and the only people who didn't want to believe it were people that tried to spin the "WHAT IF BRAVE MEANS THE CHARACTER IS REALLY BRAVE?!" card.
It’s months of getting to know the character, playing it’s source material, speculating on the moveset. Stuff like that.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m not saying I want constant leaks and speculation wars. I just want one leak that has all the characters and is just right.

It’s months of getting to know the character, playing it’s source material, speculating on the moveset. Stuff like that.
That can only go so far.

In a fantasy world where you never get bored of discussion one singular topic that sounds fine and all, but over time it eventually turns into

When Hero was finally revealed, I didn't feel excitement, I felt "My god, it's been six months, finally this is over."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Watch them be coy and announce the date they’re going to make the announcement of the reveal.

Heihachi night not be that much bigger but he’s bulkier and wider than Kazuya and Jin.
Right, but not by much in the recent games. They REALLY beefed up both Kazuya and Jin in recent titles. The physical differences between them wouldn't be as drastic as Marth and Lucina, who is still Marth's Echo.

Kazuya vs Hehachi Tekken 7.gif

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you're so invested you get stressed and frustrated you really should consider finding additional outlets in which you can divide your attention.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Erdrick was anything to go by, that just breeds a ton of debates over why the newcomers wouldn't suck for MONTHS. I'd say we're in a good spot.

Shroob

Sup?
Man

It's gonna be odd addressing characters past 5 by a number.

Can we even call the first post-pass character 6? Like, they're not, all things considered. They'd be character 7 since Plants exists, it's just we call the current character 5 5 due to the Fighters Pass.

D

Deleted member

Man

Can we even call the first post-pass character 6? Like, they're not, all things considered. They'd be character 7 since Plants exists, it's just we call the current character 5 5 due to the Fighters Pass.
I'm gonna call it FP 6 only because it's consistent and easy to type.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure if anyone cares, but they are doing one last Ip Man movie. It's those films starring Donnie Yen where he plays the real-life guy who taught Bruce Lee to fight and how he was a master of Wing Chun. Bruce Lee was even portrayed in the last film and this upcoming final one. They even mentioned how Bruce was a dancer before he was a fighter.

Man

Finna just say, "The Next DLC character" Not unless we get a set number.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I've put almost 900 hours into Ultimate already, w/ like... 850ish go into competitive stuff.
If I didn't have a good handling on this game between that and past Smash games, I'd be pretty upset w/ myself ngl.
Just lots of labbing w/ pretty much all of the roster (some more than others obviously).
Going into random Arenas and doing Quickly can be nice. Also get a bit irl practice too.

Spent about 300+ hours in Dragon Ball FighterZ between the PS4 and Switch, and I'm confident enough in my team(s) to at least try an irl tourney for that.

Spent about 35 hours in BBTAG, but I suck at it and still can't find a team so..... idk.

And both Granblue Versus and Guilty Gear are coming in 2020.
Y'all already know I'm playing GBVS no matter what lol
And I've been meaning get into GG for a while now, so this might be the time to do it too. Played a little bit of Rev 2 and I have some characters I gravitate towards.

So uh... yeah idk why I'm still typing all of this... but yeah, basically lots of practice makes perfect when it comes to fighters.

Oh... just realized I never posted anything about Terry. But I'll save that for another post b/c this one is going on too long lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SnakeFighter64: I don’t like the way something is being done.
Everyone else: Here’s why you’re wrong.
Did I say you're wrong? I don't think so. I gave my two cents like how you gave your two cents. It's a social thread; not a void.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Not sure if anyone cares, but they are doing one last Ip Man movie. It's those films starring Donnie Yen where he plays the real-life guy who taught Bruce Lee to fight and how he was a master of Wing Chun. Bruce Lee was even portrayed in the last film and this upcoming final one. They even mentioned how Bruce was a dancer before he was a fighter.
Oh I care. So much!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Rick and Morty was pretty funny with a good message.

That post credit scene was ****ed up though lol

Shroob

Sup?
So has anyone gotten Terry's cheat inputs to work?

Someone on Twitter was showing off that downleft and downright together made Power Geyser in just 2 control stick movements and double down right did Buster Wolf, but people have had a 50/50 chance of replicating it.

D

Deleted member

Well just wait and see what lies for cp5 but for now here’s a funny I found
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I mentioned before that Tales Of could be the European pick due to Tales having popularity in various European countries like France for example. I remember when Xillia was announced for localization, Xillia was trending on Twitter in one of the European countries, can't remember which one it was though. Not to mention the Europe branch of Namco alwats publishes new info about Tales before the NA branch does.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mentioned before that Tales Of could be the European pick due to Tales having popularity in various European countries like France for example. I remember when Xillia was announced for localization, Xillia was trending on Twitter in one of the European countries, can't remember which one it was though. Not to mention the Europe branch of Namco also publishes new info about Tales before the NA branch does.
Now that you mention it...damn. You got me there.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Me: "Woah, 18 notifications since I last got on?! I must be popular!!"

My notifications: "keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto, keto

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64: I don’t like the way something is being done.
Everyone else: Here’s why you’re wrong.
I mean, whenever someone says something you don't agree with, you instantly react with "I'll never understand this mindset."

Still, people try and reason with you using sound arguments and nonabsolute terms most of the time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mentioned before that Tales Of could be the European pick due to Tales having popularity in various European countries like France for example. I remember when Xillia was announced for localization, Xillia was trending on Twitter in one of the European countries, can't remember which one it was though. Not to mention the Europe branch of Namco alwats publishes new info about Tales before the NA branch does.
"European pick" is part of a category that doesn't actually exist.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know this is meant for people insisting that the FP was picked by popularity in continrnts but my absolute ****brain sees this and goes "Don't **** with us Europeans, we don't exist"
No no no no Europe totally exists

It's Australia that's fictional

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sorry for double posting since clearly there was no post between this one and my last.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We're finna find out that the next Smash character added was SUPER popular in Kenya and Morocco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom