• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don’t. Please elaborate.
I can't say that I do.

Mind giving me a refresher?
will do
Here’s what he said

- Yes, Steve is in. "Get excited my dude"
. Katalina still has a good shot. "I actually don't know if Katalina is in or not, but things seemed to be good with negotiations"

. The square-enix rep may be a dragon quest character"I have heard about DQ characters but can't confirm if it's true or not"
. Banjo & Kazooie aren’t likely. "Banjo is looking grim. And tbh, he never really had good chance to begin with", and "as far as I know, he was never a character choice"

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]-Don’t expect a atlus rep
He also said there is a namco rep but it isn’t Lloyd. But watch it be Lloyd(or heihachi) instead
[/FONT]

the only thing he got correct was :ulthero: but we knew that was coming.
As for Steve he has a verry good shot for the 2nd Microsoft rep considering the popularity spike from verges mc claim he would be rad

but hitagi? Lol he was wrong and he said verge is multiple people.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I mean those Tales of series icons and what not are still up in the air. He’s also basically the most well known Tales protagonist to your average gamer.

You could also make the argument that, perhaps, Namco could want to continue to push the series in the west like SE did with Dragon Quest.

Regardless, it seems like a safe bet that Lloyd would be the Tales pick, that he would probably be the pick if it’s not Heihachi, and that Sakurai has backed that up before when speaking about the Mii Fighter costume.

He’s pretty solid.
But I am also dreading him getting thanos'd by Vergeben and the NoA anon like the others.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
will do
Here’s what he said

. Katalina still has a good shot. "I actually don't know if Katalina is in or not, but things seemed to be good with negotiations"

. The square-enix rep may be a dragon quest character"I have heard about DQ characters but can't confirm if it's true or not"
. Banjo & Kazooie aren’t likely. "Banjo is looking grim. And tbh, he never really had good chance to begin with", and "as far as I know, he was never a character choice"
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]-Don’t expect a atlus rep
He also said there is a namco rep but it isn’t Lloyd. But watch it be Lloyd(or heihachi) instead
[/FONT]

As for Steve he has a verry good shot for the 2nd Microsoft rep considering the popularity spike from verges mc claim he would be rad

So, he said no Atlus rep, huh? With Joker becoming DLC, I guess Hitagi never saw it coming?

Yeah, I see the door to my left.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
will do
Here’s what he said

[/FONT]

I still have no ****ing clue what Hitagi was smoking when they pulled Katalina of all characters.

Smash pretty much ALWAYS starts with the protagonist of a game, Katalina would be akin to introducing Mario and starting with Blue Toad as the first character instead of the Bros.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Part Terry hype, part crippling addiction to mini consoles, I bought a Neo Geo mini.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Honestly I'm glad Hitagi was pretty much shot and buried immediately when DLC started to get revealed. The future where they were 100% correct would've very much been a grim one IMO, and Katalina would've soured me so much more than Corrin ever did. Not to mention that I feel that they were the indirect catalyst of the evil which shall not be named.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I'm glad Hitagi was pretty much shot and buried immediately when DLC started to get revealed. The future where they were 100% correct would've very much been a grim one IMO, and Katalina would've soured me so much more than Corrin ever did. Not to mention that I feel that they were the indirect catalyst of the evil which shall not be named.
Steve is fine.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’m sorry if this has been shared before:
https://twitter.com/FizzySodaWave/status/1193527375033720832
But I love this already.

I mean :ultmarth::ultlucina: as well as :ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf: & :ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm:,

Maybe he could inherit some of Mega Man’s Smash 4 customers specials? And if they can’t do his shield like in his games or out like Link’s maybe he could have it permanently on his back and have it block projectiles from behind like a permanent Back Shield?
Yeah, ideally Protoman would feel pretty different from Mega Man, even without the Smash 4 customs, as much as I'd like them for making him stand out more. His shield works while standing and jumping, so similar to Link in that regard. He is also more of a glass cannon, so being a fair bit lighter than Mega Man would also work(he takes twice the knockback in MM9 and MM10, but I don't think he should be lighter than Pikachu or anything like that.) And shooting 2 lemons at a time instead of 3, again like MM9 and MM10. But his attacks could deal more damage, since well, that's the appeal of a glass cannon. Bass would be the opposite,very mobile, but deals less damage, like in MM&B and MM10.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
R Rangez

What if The King of Street Fighters did DLC? I'd say 2-3 additional teams on each side? What would you do for that. I have two ideas for the Capcom side.
Final Fight Team
  • Guy
  • Cody Travers
  • Maki Genryusai
Fighting EX Layer Team (Licensed from Arika, because the characters started in Street Fighter EX, Terry was added to Fighting EX Layer, and Skullomania was Rule 63'd and thrown into Fighting EX Layer.
  • Hokuto
  • Kairi
  • Skullomania
Also.... maybe include Evil Ryu, Orochi Iori, Oni, and God Rugal in the "hidden characters" section. As they wouldn't be much more than skins for the respective characters with enhanced power.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I did so much thinking about and preparing for Katalina that now I genuinely want her TBH.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know.... if we're still on the whole "two audio slots" thing.... there is my old Kazuya/Devil idea.... that could work really well for this.
Kazuya and Devil typically don't have different voices, just an effect on the same voice. Something they might've dropped in TTT2 and T7(From what I remember Kaz keeps the same voice now when switching). If that were the case, it'd be more like Heihachi and Kazuya being costumes/echoes/whatever of each other.

Here's a fun game. Guess the team I always use in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. I'll give the types as a hint:
Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Poison, Ground, Flying, Electric, Dark, Psychic.

(Notes: Pre-Fairy, Some may be dual types)
Houndoom, Ampharos, Espeon, Vileplume, Quagsire, Swellow. Still catching up on the thread so you might've told everyone already.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Kazuya and Devil typically don't have different voices, just an effect on the same voice. Something they might've dropped in TTT2 and T7(From what I remember Kaz keeps the same voice now when switching). If that were the case, it'd be more like Heihachi and Kazuya being costumes/echoes/whatever of each other.

Houndoom, Ampharos, Espeon, Vileplume, Quagsire, Swellow. Still catching up on the thread so you might've told everyone already.
Heihachi and Kazuya have completely different builds and move-sets. Although I could see Jin being made into a Kazuya echo. Even if that would be a bit of a stretch.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Death Stranding is the best narrative-driven walking simulator ever made. This can either be a good or a bad thing.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I didn’t. In fact you were the first guess.
3 out of 6 were correct.
Houndoom, Ampharos, and Quagsire

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, Rugal is still such as *******. I've been putting in Work with Terry, King and Heavy D. I'm trying to find a way to deal with Rugal's BS. I know SNK bosses are kind of open to Low Heavy Kicks, but that's about it.

how would you guys react if an horror game character getting in smash?
Considering how well liked the idea of a Resident Evil character is, I'd say most people would be down for it. It's not like we're getting Isaac from Dead Space, though his suit is pretty cool. I don't know of Pyramid Head will fly, since he's covered in dried up blood, unlike other violent characters, who have been seen clean. But I guess they could clean Pyramid Head up too.

I think outside of RE, it's kind of hard for me to imagine any protagonists from Horror games being playable since their lack of power or abilities is kind of a draw. Unless you consider Castlevania a Horror/Platformer. In which case, hey, we got Simon and Richter.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I still have no ****ing clue what Hitagi was smoking when they pulled Katalina of all characters.

Smash pretty much ALWAYS starts with the protagonist of a game, Katalina would be akin to introducing Mario and starting with Blue Toad as the first character instead of the Bros.
I wanted it simply because it would be pretty funny if Katalina got into Smash over Gran/Djeeta lol.

But yeah, wouldn't make much sense.

We got Granblue Fantasy Versus now, so that's good enough for me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking Jazz, I really like Charles Mingus' "Moanin". There's also the Bill Evans version of Nardis. Rob Tate's "Rain" is also good, if you want something quieter. I do listen to jazz semi-regularly but I don't remember the names of songs as easily as I do with Rap music and Rock music unfortunately.

Are there any good Xenosaga let's plays out there, KOSMOS stans? Something informative. @Rie Sonomura @KarneraMythos
If you're wondering who that is, it's Melanin KOS-MOS. Or Tel-Os, which ever you prefer.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright, figured I’d be funny and reveal my Pokémon XD team... via Gen 4 back sprites!
E1BF3DF6-FB62-4EC4-B555-A39FA8DCFFDE.png
878E09BC-2096-42B3-A8FC-060E40F81F4F.png
00978499-325C-4153-97FC-AE2253F8147F.png
400043F4-CDA9-453D-BA39-581DB3967CDB.png
DB20B2BD-04DD-4FC4-8C99-6BCDACB72B83.png
2C47611F-BCBE-46AE-92F8-C5A72F4978CA.png

Shroob

Sup?
Really though.

I enjoy this calm before the storm.

We may not know who it is, but we're slowly starting to learn who it isn't, and while that really doesn't make the playing field any less cramped, it helps tailor our expectations a touch.

We'll almost assuredly know who 5# is in a month's time anyway, unless Nintendo does the unthinkable and waits until a January direct, so all's good in the neighborhood.

And then the cycle begins anew with the next wave of DLC unless we're told information between now and then.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Heihachi and Kazuya have completely different builds and move-sets. Although I could see Jin being made into a Kazuya echo. Even if that would be a bit of a stretch.
Heihachi and Kazuya have more in common than Jin and Kazuya in most Tekken titles, particularly the modern ones. If we're talking Tekken Tag 1, sure Kaz and Jin are the most similar there, but even then, Heihachi has a plenty of moves that the other have/had. Basically, between the 3 of the Mishima's is a dynamic like Ryu/Ken/Akuma. Similar base, with a lot unique stuff too since Tekken movelists are HUGE in comparison to Street Fighter. 70-80 something moves as opposed to 30 something in SF.

As for the Builds, All 3 of them have had similar builds for most games. Really, Heihachi was only noticeably huger in Tekken 1 and 2. In most other titles, he's fairly similar in size to the other Mishimas, being slightly larger, again, like Akuma is slightly beefier than Ryu and Ken.

I didn’t. In fact you were the first guess.
3 out of 6 were correct.
Houndoom, Ampharos, and Quagsire
Yeah I used Houndoom and Ampharos in my run of that game. I'm guessing Gardivour(or however you spell it) was your Psychic type then?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Really though.

I enjoy this calm before the storm.

We may not know who it is, but we're slowly starting to learn who it isn't, and while that really doesn't make the playing field any less cramped, it helps tailor our expectations a touch.

We'll almost assuredly know who 5# is in a month's time anyway, unless Nintendo does the unthinkable and waits until a January direct, so all's good in the neighborhood.

And then the cycle begins anew with the next wave of DLC unless we're told information between now and then.
Watch them be coy and announce the date they’re going to make the announcement of the reveal.
Heihachi and Kazuya have more in common than Jin and Kazuya in most Tekken titles, particularly the modern ones. If we're talking Tekken Tag 1, sure Kaz and Jin are the most similar there, but even then, Heihachi has a plenty of moves that the other have/had. Basically, between the 3 of the Mishima's is a dynamic like Ryu/Ken/Akuma. Similar base, with a lot unique stuff too since Tekken movelists are HUGE in comparison to Street Fighter. 70-80 something moves as opposed to 30 something in SF.

As for the Builds, All 3 of them have had similar builds for most games. Really, Heihachi was only noticeably huger in Tekken 1 and 2. In most other titles, he's fairly similar in size to the other Mishimas, being slightly larger, again, like Akuma is slightly beefier than Ryu and Ken.

Yeah I used Houndoom and Ampharos in my run of that game. I'm guessing Gardivour(or however you spell it) was your Psychic type then?
Heihachi night not be that much bigger but he’s bulkier and wider than Kazuya and Jin.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Speaking of him

This is a thing.
https://twitter.com/G_SteveforSmash
I am not ok with this
Yeah, they’re annoying. I suspect they may be part of the reason why SteveForSmash’s original account was suspended (well, at least one troll was part of the reason), wouldn’t be surprise if they false reported them. When Grotesque Steve trolls start harassing people, Real Steve fans are some of their targets.

Real Steve is even in their banner, with that rudely used crying face alongside other characters they did that to. :/

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Watch them be coy and announce the date they’re going to make the announcement of the reveal.
Oh that could very well happen, we may go into TGAs and get an announcement of an announcement, which while unfortunate, would actually mirror how the last game's DLC cycle ended.

However, I'm honestly not rushing to know who 5# is. We legitimately haven't been surprised since Joker, and I'm honestly a-ok not knowing who 5# is. Sure, tell me who it isn't, that's great and helps me get a better idea what's going on, but don't tell me who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom