• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Depends really.

Microsoft's doing **** all with Banjo, so it really comes down to "Is he in Smash, y/n?"

If he's NOT, then it looks like somehow, everyone had a bad source.

If he IS well, I mean, then yeah you right.
True. Unless said character will be revealed later, which I don't see as likely

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay, so my take on this? Nintendo is caracking down on the leakers from the inside. I highly doubt that they just only cracked down on Sabu's source, and called it a day. Since conferences are getting leaked left and right, I'm sure Nintendo is taking heavy precaution this time around. And if this was just an act, and it turned out Sabi had no info the whole time, then I would question why she couldn't leak it there? The only reason leakers wouldn't do their job is if their source either a) was wrong or b) got caught. I highly doubt that he did it for attention, but something is up regardless.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I still think this is just...weird.

Like whatever, you get information. Cool. Great.

Then you publicly say when you’ll do a big leak and...make a Discord dedicated to you and your information?

Doesn’t that seem kinda oddly narcissistic or self-centered to anybody else? Just seems weird I guess.

Maybe i’m just an old man, and the future is now or some ****.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually I bet right now after this, come 5pm est tomorrow someone will have the leaked the Nintendo stuff online as retaliation

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Lets be honest though. The Smash DLC character(s) is probably gonna get leaked regardless by someone. Probably sometime by tomorrow. Whoever it'll be by is the other question though.
I'm still betting on the VR Plant leaker

It's speculated that he works with Nintendo's youtube channel, and he's yet to get caught from what I aware of.

He's also supposedly the guy who leaked Daisy and Ridley one day before Nintendo's Direct last year

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah her online identity is easy to track, but I doubt she’s giving her real name and info to her sources. So Nintendo isn’t about to waste time finding out that personal of info. They just need her online info and they’d be able to take her down, same as any fangame. She said they know her real name and Info. That’s completely unneeded to the situation which is why I don’t buy it.
Mate, she has the city of Vernon in British Columbia as her location here in Smashboards. A lot of people are really careless about the info they share online.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Had a feeling Sabi was gonna get in trouble.

Dude was making such a big deal about them leaking stuff at E3 leading up to Nintendo, and the time frame they’d get the information that Nintendo was bound to notice. That’s basically putting a target not on them, but on their source as well since they may know who the source is based on that time frame (among the other info Sabi has shared about the position of their source). Not only that, but with pretty much almost everything Sabi saying coming, with only one thing that wouldn’t be announced until later, Nintendo knew that Sabi could leak their direct too, which was enforced when Sabi said yesterday that they could leak the whole direct, causing them to use legal action before Sabi could get the chance to leak them.

I‘m not gonna lie, but I’m sorta glad this ended up happening. Talking constantly about leaking E3 was unnecessary and I felt that it was only done to generate popularity

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Watch the characters not be Erdrick and Banjo and everyone is like "WHAATTTT????".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still think this is just...weird.

Like whatever, you get information. Cool. Great.

Then you publicly say when you’ll do a big leak and...make a discoed dedicated to you and your information?

Doesn’t that seem kinda oddly narcissistic or self-centered to anybody else? Just seems weird I guess.

Maybe i’m just an old man, and the future is now or some ****.
Nah I fully agree as a younger person. This situation is all around odd and it doesn’t seem like the full picture is there

Shroob

Sup?
Actually I bet right now after this, come 5pm est tomorrow someone will have the leaked the Nintendo stuff online as retaliation
*4chan is typing...*

Ya see, that's gonna be the issue.

Sure, someone will leak it but, no one's gonna believe it.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Mate, she has the city of Vernon in British Columbia as her location here in Smashboards. A lot of people are really careless about the info they share online.
Maybe she should put some fake place as her location, like Alaska, Germany

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*4chan is typing...*

This is probably true. Unless there’s a style to it that just sticks out as possible like the switch presentation leak. It felt different then your normal leak and still remained realistic with surprises. No one really believed it though. Probably going to be the same here

D

Deleted member

*4chan is typing...*

And thats a good thing. It will be funny to locate the real leak among the fake ones (if a true one hasn't been posted already)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'd be interested to know if Vergeben and ResetERA mods suffer the same fate as her by tomorrow.

Even then I still expect some random person to leak it anyway.

I betcha it will be a dude in a Grinch costume or something. It's the twist we deserve.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm just gonna watch the conference at E3 and see what happens.

If Erdrick is the only or even just one among multiple newcomer reveals, my reaction to him will regardless be a grand "meh". There's been too much talk about him being confirmed or whatever for me to care at this point.

I just hope to be pleasantly surprised by the majority of the Smash-related news. Banjo and Kazooie would be cool, and if we get a character that I'm really not anticipating (nor one that the majority of the community could've predicted) then great!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'd be interested to know if Vergeben and ResetERA mods suffer the same fate as her by tomorrow.

Even then I still expect some random person to leak it anyway.

I betcha it will be a dude in a Grinch costume or something. It's the twist we deserve.
If Verg didn't get in trouble for.....EVERYTHING that happened during Smash Ult and having their name plastered god knows everywhere, I doubt they'll get in trouble now.

Especially since they've said **** all who the E3 character is.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mariotehplumber is actually a previous SB member. Let's please not talk about the user as they are no longer on the site, alright?

Just move on.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Verg didn't get in trouble for.....EVERYTHING that happened during Smash Ult and having their name plastered god knows everywhere, I doubt they'll get in trouble now.

Especially since they've said **** all who the E3 character is.
I imagine this whole thing will get them sweating though.

Shroob

Sup?
I imagine this whole thing will get them sweating though.
Well I mean, they haven't said anything.

All they've said is:

"Banjo's 99% in"(Which conveniently leaves a 1% margin of error)

And

"Erdrick is still happening"

Nothing there says "At E3"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

All they've said is:

And

I mean in "Does Nintendo know about me as well?" sort of way.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Or, perhaps...how about...the two characters being Spyro...and..."drum roll"...

...Heavy Weapons Guy.

It's never gonna happen but I can dream.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

All they've said is:

And

His wording actually confises me though. Like, Erdrick was supposedly the next character because that's what everyone else said, and he's sure on that, but then Banjo is also coming sometime but we don't know when, and also Minecraft content is still in somehow, which I'm assuming it has to be Mii costumes or spirits because if it were a stage or music, then Steve has to be coming as he would be bundled alongside with them, but at the same time...

No mention of Joker at all, and the SE rep was supposed to be first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom