• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Then support 'em. You're most likely getting them in the second pass, so there's still some time.

For now, let a woman take the invite and close the pass on a positive note.
Is it possible for you to, like, cool it with the feminist agenda just a little bit?

Fighter #5 doesn't have to be female to be a worthy inclusion.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>has some time before having to go to work
>dark souls finished downloading
>"Alright let's see if this is any good."
>the B button is confirm, the A button is cancel

Creating a character now...

D

Deleted member

“Let”?

No, it’s every Smash candidate for themselves.
I know. I'm just campaigning. Anyone is fair game, though I'm just doing my job supporting the kind of character I want for FP5.

Is it possible for you to, like, cool it with the feminist agenda just a little bit?

Fighter #5 doesn't have to be female to be a worthy inclusion.
I know, I know. But while we still don't have credible information on FP5, I'm still here doing Lesley things. And that will stay until FP5 is revealed.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright fellas, what do you want me to say in Toad’s voice? I’m taking 3 reauests. This is my punishment. lol
"To me, Heaven has to be a cross between a Dikekike video and.... chicken an' winnigish! See, it's like... I could have a leg in one hand, and a BRERB in the other!"

D

Deleted member

"To me, Heaven has to be a cross between a Dikekike video and.... chicken an' winnigish! See, it's like... I could have a leg in one hand, and a BRERB in the other!"
I’m going to pretend like I know what this means and how to pronounce it. lol

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I’m going to pretend like I know what this means and how to pronounce it. lol
If that one doesn't work out, I do have an alternative:

"I'm not one of those beltway pansies. I could break the president in two... with my bare hands!"

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, we can still speculate on who will be at TGA, so there’s still that.

Sabi says fighter 5 isn’t Crash, Tracer, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa or Geno. Let’s assume Spirits at least disconfirm fighters for the first 5 (though I believe that it won’t change post-fighter 5).

We have these characters from untouched series:

Leon/Jill (Resident Evil)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Lloyd Irving (Tales)
Yuri Lowell (Tales, though I think Lloyd has the edge)
2B (Nier Automata)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Geralt (Not sure about him, technically not a “gaming” character)

There are others, but I feel these ones are relatively interesting picks. Some are big picks with legacy, some are newer.

I’m sure there are a few I’m missing. I personally think Leon/Jill and Dante have the edge as Capcom picks, but I have mentioned that many times, but others may have differing opinions. Heihachi would be the last major fighting game character to really match up with Terry and Ryu. 2B could be a surprise like Joker, but with the Mai Shiranui comments I’m not sure if she’s prime for “good boys and girls”.

Lloyd has gotten specific mention by Sakurai with Tales, and it takes more than popularity for a character to get in, which is why I don’t know that Yuri will get in over him.

Geralt getting in entirely depends on, I suppose, the philosophy of being a “gaming” character. The gaming version of Geralt seems to have become his very own thing, being perhaps more well known than his novel counterpart. He’s already crossed over into Soul Calibur. Who knows?

What do you think?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So besides Doom Slayer who too would make a perfect reveal for an big event like the VGA? Not counting ones already deconfirmed for FP5 like Crash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sabi says fighter 5 isn’t Crash, Tracer, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa or Geno. Let’s assume Spirits at least disconfirm fighters for the first 5 (though I believe that it won’t change post-fighter 5).

Dante (Devil May Cry)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Lloyd Irving (Tales)
2B (Nier Automata)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

There are others, but I feel these ones are relatively interesting picks. Some are big picks with legacy, some are newer.

I’m sure there are a few I’m missing. I personally think Leon/Jill and Dante have the edge as Capcom picks, but I have mentioned that many times, but others may have differing opinions. Heihachi would be the last major fighting game character to really match up with Terry and Ryu. 2B could be a surprise like Joker, but with the Mai Shiranui comments I’m not sure if she’s prime for “good boys and girls”.

Lloyd has gotten specific mention by Sakurai with Tales, and it takes more than popularity for a character to get in, which is why I don’t know that Yuri will get in over him.

Geralt getting in entirely depends on, I suppose, the philosophy of being a “gaming” character. The gaming version of Geralt seems to have become his very own thing, being perhaps more well known than his novel counterpart. He’s already crossed over into Soul Calibur. Who knows?

What do you think?
He's in

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Dante (Devil May Cry)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Lloyd Irving (Tales)
2B (Nier Automata)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

What do you think?
Throw in KOS-MOS and I think that's a perfectly reasonable list.

I feel like a lot of people are really sleeping on her chances.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not sure if Hayabusa was deconfirmed fully yet, but he'd be cool.

I think Heihachi, Scorpion, Sora or Dante would be crowd pleasers.
Ok. I’m a Tekken fan and even I have to admit that Tekken would be a meh reveal at something like the game awards

Dante (Devil May Cry)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Lloyd Irving (Tales)
2B (Nier Automata)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

What do you think?
I suppose Dante could be a game awards tier reveal. But just barely.

Like, at this point it’s either someone from Dark Souls or someone who’s not really that big all things considered.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I still don't understand why you all are relying on Sabi but uhh. Yeah maybe Lloyd or Heihachi at the vga's. Sora would break the internet too probably.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Dante (Devil May Cry)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Lloyd Irving (Tales)
2B (Nier Automata)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

What do you think?
I'm pretty pessimistic about the chances of Dante, Amaterasu, 2B or any other "recent" characters.

It sounds a bit conspiracy-y, but I don't think DLC frontloading the newer characters was a coincidence. I think Joker (and Eleven, to an extent) was picked to attract newer fans and the rest of the pass consists of more usual "legacy picks".

Just a dumb theory but I honestly expect another 80s-90s character as our last Fighter Pass character.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Dante (Devil May Cry)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Lloyd Irving (Tales)
2B (Nier Automata)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

What do you think?
Watch us not get anything Smash related at the VGA's just to drive everything crazier.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I doubt that the hypothetical Smash announcement at the VGA has to feature a major video game icon in order to make sense.

The character really could be anybody, honestly.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Also I wanted to say I think there's still hope for doom and geno even if the leak is dead. I don't think just because it's fake they're both deconfirmed.
Not disconfirmed as DLC but Sabi's source claims to know who fighter 5 is, and it's not those two or Crash and Ryu.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I’m a Tekken fan and even I have to admit that Tekken would be a meh reveal at something like the game awards

I suppose Dante could be a game awards tier reveal. But just barely.

Like, at this point it’s either someone from Dark Souls or someone who’s not really that big all things considered.
What's your definition of game awards tier, then, if it's not popular and successful series?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Not disconfirmed as DLC but Sabi's source claims to know who fighter 5 is, and it's not those two or Crash and Ryu.
And Vergeben has also said fighter 5 isn't Scorpion or Pajama Sam (though that last one may have been a joke)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You know, whenever Nier comes up around this neck of the woods, everybody jumps right on the 2B train. Why isn't anybody talking about the franchise's posterboy, Emile?

Smooth Criminal

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Watch us not get anything Smash related at the VGA's just to drive everything crazier.
I used to think that Smash at the VGA's had a low chance of happening because I didn't think they'd do it two years in a row, that's just too predictable. But I was also of the opinion that we'd get a reveal BEFORE the game awards during a dedicated Smash direct. Which we didn't get, we just got Terry's presentation. Like, unless we get another reveal event before them by some sort of universal computer error, there's gonna be all sorts of pressure and false hype built up by the casual fanbase because "if they're saving it for the game awards it must be big" but all the big characters that it could be have been de confirmed by the leakers so it's gonna be someone smaller that people are going to be dissapointed by. Like if instead of revealing Joker last year they showed the Kencineroar trailer to reveal the last two base game characters. It just doesn't bring up as much hype. So now, I'm actually hoping that the reveal isn't at the game awards to save them from that PR nightmare and so that people will actually be excited for whoever it is.

So when we inevitably get a reveal at the game awards and it's someone like Heihachi or Lloyd or Phoenix Wright or Leon.... people are just not gonna be as excited compared to if they were revealed in a regular old direct. Maybe Leon/Resident Evil could generate that reaction but I'm not really sure if it would.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I doubt that the hypothetical Smash announcement at the VGA has to feature a major video game icon in order to make sense.

The character really could be anybody, honestly.
Aside from (arguably) Hero, none of the fighters in the Pass were major video game icons.

*waits for Banjo fans to calm down*

I think "influence" might be a better criteria to look for than sales. Persona, Dragon Quest and Fatal Fury/KoF all affected their genres quite a bit and Banjo is very popular among a certain age demographic, even if only one of them has big sales to back it up.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What's your definition of game awards tier, then, if it's not popular and successful series?
Something like Snake, Cloud, or Joker. Someone that nobody was expecting for whatever reason, someone that breaks our previously established notions of who can be in Smash, someone who people never even considered.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Something like Snake, Cloud, or Joker. Someone that nobody was expecting for whatever reason, someone that breaks our previously established notions of who can be in Smash, someone who people never even considered.
This is how Goku can win

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Thats a lot of money to be asking from family..
Pff, I'm not going to ask them to pay for the whole thing lol, I'm just telling them instead of getting gifts I'd be better with the money, that's what most people who are self sustainable at my age need anywho. They understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom