• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I mean.... I'm glad that this bit of clarity was made because it means the leak is still in the running, it just doesn't apply to Fighter Pack 5.

But it still doesn't fill me with confidence about who fighter pack 5 is.

There are still a few completely unexpected characters that it could be. Frogger, Carmen Sandiego, Chell, Someone from Borderlands, Scorpion, Kratos. But like, what are the odds of it being one of them? And does that actually increase their chances because they're so unlikely and unexpected.
This ride never ends! Both are back 8n the running!

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
God. Heihachi or any Tekken character is one of my top 5 most wanted characters at this point. But if it really is them..... just please don’t reveal them at the game awards. Save it for later. You set up expectations when you reveal them at an event like that instead of just a regular old Nintendo direct. In a direct, something like that can generate a lot of hype. But at events like E3 or The Game Awards, where expectations are higher not just for Smash but in general, you can’t do something that isn’t big or people will rightly be upset about it.

Not saying I don’t want Heihachi or Lloyd or Leon in the game, I think they’d be really cool additions. But if one of them is fighter 5 they need to reveal them at a place where people will actually be excited for them because if lowered expectations.
Am i the only one who thinks that the gsme awards arent even that special?

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Opossum Opossum i actually forgot about Ezio, but I would be SUPER down to have an Assassin’s Creed pick in the pass.

The Smash fans are the people who y’all most about picks, but casuals are the ones who would especially freak out about Resident Evil, Dante, Ezio, Doomguy. Stuff the smaller percentage (See: LITERALLY US) discusses and sees as “boring” or “expected” would be crazy for casuals.

D

Deleted member

Cinderace has a no recoil Flare Blitz. Sit the **** down, Charizard.
Wait, that turned out to be official? I had no idea. Honestly a godlike design and a godlike model.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wait, that turned out to be official? I had no idea. Honestly a godlike design and a godlike model.
IT DOESN'T HAVE FINGERS! Like... it's interesting I guess but....

I should just stop talking about it so I don't ruin it for people who are actually interested in it.

D

Deleted member

Cinderace has a no recoil Flare Blitz. Sit the **** down, Charizard.
Same accuracy too; it's all-around better. Only ones better are
Signature move for Victini, V-Create and the Starter-exclusive 'super move' Blast Burn which is Special and makes you have to recharge next turn while only being, what 30bp stronger?

On another Pokemon related note. With the confirmation of a second fighter's pass, who will be our Gen 8 pokemon? My guess is on Masuda's favorite for this gen even though it would wildly upset a lot of other people. I'll spoiler tag the starter options as well as a few others that might make it along with who masuda's favorite for this Gen is.

Scorbunny is Masuda's favorite and I can see Cinderace in Smash very easily despite being yet another Fire Starter pokemon in Smash. On the other hand, Intelleon looks like he'd be a pretty epic inclusion as well. I feel nothing for Grookey's evolution. He could be in, but I'm just not a fan of his design. Aside from the starters though, I'd say Grimmsnarl or Hatterene could work as well. Doesn't look like there's a Lucario/Zoroark for this gen though. Those two I'd put as the most likely Gen 8 non-Starter pokemon to be a choice.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Same accuracy too; it's all-around better. Only ones better are
Signature move for Victini, V-Create and the Starter-exclusive 'super move' Blast Burn which is Special and makes you have to recharge next turn while only being, what 30bp stronger?

On another Pokemon related note. With the confirmation of a second fighter's pass, who will be our Gen 8 pokemon? My guess is on Masuda's favorite for this gen even though it would wildly upset a lot of other people. I'll spoiler tag the starter options as well as a few others that might make it along with who masuda's favorite for this Gen is.

Scorbunny is Masuda's favorite and I can see Cinderace in Smash very easily despite being yet another Fire Starter pokemon in Smash. On the other hand, Intelleon looks like he'd be a pretty epic inclusion as well. I feel nothing for Grookey's evolution. He could be in, but I'm just not a fan of his design. Aside from the starters though, I'd say Grimmsnarl or Hatterene could work as well. Doesn't look like there's a Lucario/Zoroark for this gen though. Those two I'd put as the most likely Gen 8 non-Starter pokemon to be a choice.
It's gonna be Rillaboom if it's anyone. I'll have to forever acknowledge his existence because he'll be immortalized in Smash. That's just how it works.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
IT DOESN'T HAVE FINGERS! Like... it's interesting I guess but....

I should just stop talking about it so I don't ruin it for people who are actually interested in it.
I mean, rabbits normaly dont have fingers. In fact none of thr bunny pokemon have fingers. why would it have fingers

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Corviknight, Obstagoon, and Sirfetch'd have all had their fair share of popularity. If we absolutely had to get a Pokémon, my choice would be either Corviknight or
Dragapult.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We need a district that consists of Anime Swordsman, Literal Who, Lazy Clone and Soulless Promotion.

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Ironically that request fills up all the districts. Game will begin around 1:45 est.

D

Deleted member

Corviknight, Obstagoon, and Sirfetch'd have all had their fair share of popularity. If we absolutely had to get a Pokémon, my choice would be either Corviknight or
Dragapult.
A bird could be a fighter, but I wasn't placing its chances very high. As for Sirfetch'd and Obstagoon, I was kinda thinking they'd go with pure Gen 8, not a regional evolution which...yeah...its new for this gen but...I don't know..kidna feel like there'd be more options for the others I mentioned. I didn't think about the last one you mentioned. That's a decent possibility too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what I would like? If instead of just holding the fire flower and shooting flames out of it, the user absorbed it, donned Fire Flower colors, and shot the fire from their hands.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know what I would like? If instead of just holding the fire flower and shooting flames out of it, the user absorbed it, donned Fire Flower colors, and shot the fire from their hands.
That's going to look weird on :ultgnw:

But hey, if it's going to give :ultcloud: an actual color variation, I'm game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dragapult.
If you were to choose 8 for a Pokémon Smash game like the one I’ve been playing around with, who should you go with?

That’d work for a roster the size of 64 or Melee, maybe Brawl but that’s a ton of work for something like Ultimate.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we are talking big reveals for the game awards slot.

they should bait people into thinking Mario sunshine is getting remade which would be big.

but then it’s actually the Phoenix Wright Trailer throwing everyone for a curveball like jokers.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you were to choose 8 for a Pokémon Smash game like the one I’ve been playing around with, who should you go with?

That’d work for a roster the size of 64 or Melee, maybe Brawl but that’s a ton of work for something like Ultimate.
They already have the right animation for it. All they'd need to do is make the color pallet for it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
They already have the right animation for it. All they'd need to do is make the color pallet for it.
Okay, but making color variations for 80 characters isn't simple.

Especially when you consider they don't have full control over some characters' color palettes (:ultpacman::ultpikachu::ultsonic: etc.).

D

Deleted member

Then support 'em. You're most likely getting them in the second pass, so there's still some time.

For now, let a woman take the invite and close the pass on a positive note.
I seriously cannot fathom the hypocrisy of telling someone to wait for their character when you need to do the exact same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom