• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So with Sabi's source disconfirming Doom Slayer and Geno for FP5, I have one question.

What is that Choir suppose to be for then?

I would also ask about the discussion about the talks Nintendo and Bethesda had about Smash, but it can be assumed it was about how much the Bethesda rep enjoys playing Smash.

Shroob

Sup?
So with Sabi's source disconfirming Doom Slayer and Geno for FP5, I have one question.

I would also ask about the discussion about the talks Nintendo and Bethesda had about Smash, but it can be assumed it was about how much the Bethesda rep enjoys playing Smash.
Mind filling me in? What Choir?

D

Deleted member

It could also have amounted to nothing or maybe something down the line, so at this point pretty much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know that while fans in general tend to feel that their characters are super likely but at the same time people should just be open to the possibility of anything happening. We are in Sakurai's hype train with no signs of stopping.

Shroob

Sup?
Probably that Heavy Metal Screamers Choir Mick Gordon was recruiting for over on his Youtube...
You can't just say **** like this without explaining it :drsad:

When did this happen, and how is it relevant to Smash discussion.

And why is this the first I've heard of it.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
You can't just say **** like this without explaining it :drsad:

When did this happen, and how is it relevant to Smash discussion.

And why is this the first I've heard of it.
For context. Back in January, Mick Gordon sent out an open audition via Youtube for a heavy metal choir for a videogame. Whether its for Doom: Eternal, Smash Bros., or some other game is not known, but based on the video, recording for the choir took place back in March.

Shroob

Sup?
For context. Back in January, Mick Gordon sent out an open audition via Youtube for a heavy metal choir for a videogame. Whether its for Doom: Eternal, Smash Bros., or some other game is not known, but based on the video, recording for the choir took place back in March.
So it's tied to Smash in a "It could be, but it also could not be."

Alright then, so it's incredibly tenuous at best.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
So it's tied to Smash in a "It could be, but it also could not be."

Alright then, so it's incredibly tenuous at best.
Here is a photo of the recording session when it took place.

Not remotely sure about this, but the clip that Mick posted back during E3 might have featured the choir. I might be wrong though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm more than okay with the Mii leak most likely being fake.

The fact that we don't know character 5 is a breath of fresh air, we haven't had a single damn surprise that hasn't been leaked since Joker, and before that.... we didn't have any, not even from the base game itself.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh. So Sabi said Geno and Doomguy aren't in?

That sucks. Apparently Crash as well.

Well guess it's Sora, Jill/Leon, or Dante, then.

Or matbe it is Lloyd or Phoenix.

D

Deleted member

Oh. So Sabi said Geno and Doomguy aren't in?

That sucks. Apparently Crash as well.

Well guess it's Sora, Jill/Leon, or Dante, then.

Or matbe it is Lloyd or Phoenix.
Bamco rep is gonna be the most probable, but the middle ground has to be a female.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
If were getting a VGA reveal it probably wont be Terry like character which is a shame

It would be an ultimate FLEX if sakurai announces a little anime girl with magical powers from puyo puyo or anime robot girl with big laser sword and guns from xenosaga in front of a live western audience

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, who voices Kirby?

It's either a child or someone who's really good at doing cute voices.

D

Deleted member

Man, who voices Kirby?

It's either a child or someone who's really good at doing cute voices.
Eh, depending on who you are, going that high isn’t actually to hard. I can go about that high.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think so. She also voices Ness :yoshi:
Strange how Ness is voiced by JPN but Lucas is voiced by ENG.

Eh, depending on who you are, going that high isn’t actually to hard. I can go about that high.
It's not about the pitch, it's about the pronunciation. She speaks the words like a toddler would, not at a vocal range to mimic a child. You could mimic a child and still talk like you got a dictionary in your hands, but she has a little slur and slowness in how she says stuff like Power Wave.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's not about the pitch, it's about the pronunciation. She speaks the words like a toddler would, not at a vocal range to mimic a child. You could mimic a child and still talk like you got a dictionary in your hands, but she has a little slur and slowness in how she says stuff like Power Wave.
That's one thing I always really liked about Kirby's voice, honestly.

D

Deleted member

Strange how Ness is voiced by JPN but Lucas is voiced by ENG.

Yes, of course. There’s a whole lot more that goes into it than pitch, but I thought that was what you were reffering to. If you’re referring to that, then yeah, that’s just very good acting.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So the same source that said no Ryu Crash Geno also says no Doomguy and Geno for pack 5...

I think Resident Evil or Lloyd are the new frontrunners. If those two get disconfirmed then I will genuinely stop guessing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So the same source that said no Ryu Crash Geno also says no Doomguy and Geno for pack 5...

I think Resident Evil or Lloyd are the new frontrunners. If those two get disconfirmed then I will genuinely stop guessing.
well this stinks I really thought doom was the game awards reveal but guess like I’m wrong.

you know what else stinks?

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I dont fully trust Sabi, what Smash Ultimate stuff have they leaked?
I mainly find it weird that they know who character 5 isnt, but not who it is. Is their source being vague to them for some reason?

MainJPW

M.T.A
I dont fully trust Sabi, what Smash Ultimate stuff have they leaked?
I mainly find it weird that they know who character 5 isnt, but not who it is. Is their source being vague to them for some reason?
Her source isn’t allowed to speal the beans. Sabi told us that in the newcomer discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom