• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even if Doom Slayer and Geno aren't FP5 I think its possible they'll be post-Pass at some point.

That said I'm feeling now more patient about the next reveal given were back to square one and was being hyped over the possibility of Doom Slayer being next.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So the same source that said no Ryu Crash Geno also says no Doomguy and Geno for pack 5...

I think Resident Evil or Lloyd are the new frontrunners. If those two get disconfirmed then I will genuinely stop guessing.
Don't forget Old Man Ryu due to lack of Mii costume and Sakurai's passion for fighting games.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
So I was messing around and having fun playing Terry with a friend at his place the other day, and we both found out that Buster Wolf completely destroys Wonderwing, so Banjo mains, take notice.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Don't forget Old Man Ryu due to lack of Mii costume and Sakurai's passion for fighting games.
Ok. I’m a fan of Tekken. But Tekken, Tales, Resident Evil..... none of those feel big enough to be game awards reveals. Like.... it’s not really surprising. It’s not really out there. It doesn’t break any pre-established “rules”. They’re not long awaited fan requests or mega franchises that are staples of pop culture. They’re just... cool. And a reveal at The Game Awards needs to be more than just cool.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I was messing around and having fun playing Terry with a friend at his place the other day, and we both found out that Buster Wolf completely destroys Wonderwing, so Banjo mains, take notice.
That's Sakurai bias at its finest. Remember how big of a fanboy he is of SNK given the passion he showed in Terry's showcase.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Calling Heihachi old man Ryu is as dumb as calling Terry trucker Ken.

Does the Smash community never play any fighting games?
Dude I'm not being serious. I've called others this.

:ultbanjokazooie:: British Duck Hunt
Crash: Aussie Sonic
:ulthero:: Shonen Link (Used to be Anime Link)
Master Chief: Green Samus
Ryu Hayabusa: Sword Sheik
Spyro: Four-Legged Ridley
Steve: Block Villager

I guess the joke has run its course now though so I'll stop repeating this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I’m a fan of Tekken. But Tekken, Tales, Resident Evil..... none of those feel big enough to be game awards reveals. Like.... it’s not really surprising. It’s not really out there. It doesn’t break any pre-established “rules”. They’re just... cool.
That's Sakurai bias at its finest. Remember how big of a fanboy he is of SNK given the passion he showed in Terry's showcase.
I don’t like the implication of this. Stuff like it has been swirling around ever since the reveal. Trying to imply that Sakurai secretly hated Banjo and added him just to appease the fan base.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don’t like the implication of this. Stuff like it has been swirling around ever since the reveal. Trying to imply that Sakurai secretly hated Banjo and added him just to appease the fan base.
I wasn't saying he hated Banjo secretly. I recall Terry's OP no so not just towards Banjo.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Curious: How would you guys construct an 8-Player Thanksgiving themed fight?

Mine would be:

Characters: Little Mac, Terry, Snake, Ken, Captain Falcon, Pac-Man, NES Golf Mario and Donkey Kong
Stage(s): New Donk City (Jump Up Superstar) and King of Fighters Stadium (Kurikinton mix)
Items: Primarily food related items.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You: Old Man Ryu

Me, an intellectual: BUFF DR. WILY
God. Heihachi or any Tekken character is one of my top 5 most wanted characters at this point. But if it really is them..... just please don’t reveal them at the game awards. Save it for later. You set up expectations when you reveal them at an event like that instead of just a regular old Nintendo direct. In a direct, something like that can generate a lot of hype. But at events like E3 or The Game Awards, where expectations are higher not just for Smash but in general, you can’t do something that isn’t big or people will rightly be upset about it.

Not saying I don’t want Heihachi or Lloyd or Leon in the game, I think they’d be really cool additions. But if one of them is fighter 5 they need to reveal them at a place where people will actually be excited for them because if lowered expectations.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wasn't saying he hated Banjo secretly. I recall Terry's OP no so not just towards Banjo.
:ult_terry:'s not even out for a week, it's way too early to say whether or not he's OP. His specials and recovery are pretty predictable, so at least there's that.

Also, you need a medal in mental gymnastics to deduct "Sakurai hates Banjo" from "Terry has a command grab".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
:ult_terry:'s not even out for a week, it's way too early to say whether or not he's OP. His specials and recovery are pretty predictable, so at least there's that.

Also, you need a medal in mental gymnastics to deduct "Sakurai hates Banjo" from "Terry has a command grab".
The original comment said, and I quote
That's Sakurai bias at its finest.
The kind of phrase people have long evoked to imply that that’s the reason Kid Icarus and Kirby get more love than Metroid, Star Fox, or EarthBound.

It’s not that big of a leap of logic. Even if I admit I was wrong about what they were saying.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The kind of phrase people have long evoked to imply that that’s the reason Kid Icarus and Kirby get more love than Metroid, Star Fox, or EarthBound.

It’s not that big of a leap of logic. Even if I admit I was wrong about what they were saying.
You know people used "Sakurai bias" to justify why Wolf was added, right? Then he was cut in Smash 4, and people said that was also because of "Sakurai bias".

I'm not saying Sakurai's decisions aren't affected by his emotions, but Smash community's use of that phrase means "I didn't get what I wanted" and nothing more 90% of the time.

Not even going to "Sakurai hates Metroid/DKC" territory because yikes.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Also I wanted to say I think there's still hope for doom and geno even if the leak is dead. I don't think just because it's fake they're both deconfirmed.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Ok. I’m a fan of Tekken. But Tekken, Tales, Resident Evil..... none of those feel big enough to be game awards reveals. Like.... it’s not really surprising. It’s not really out there. It doesn’t break any pre-established “rules”. They’re just... cool.

And this is exactly why I really dislike all the constant bias claims towards Sakurai. People have been making baseless assumptions about how he's been representing series in Smash and I'm just sick of seeing this honestly.

"Sakurai dislikes Donkey Kong" this, or "Sakurai dislikes Modern Kirby games" that.

And even with the latter point, there actually have been some content catered to those games. Magolor & the Lor Starcutter got trophies in Sm4sh, and also with the various Spirits in Ultimate like Susie, Landia, the Robobot Armor, Sectonia, so with that those claims are just kind of ignorant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also I wanted to say I think there's still hope for doom and geno even if the leak is dead. I don't think just because it's fake they're both deconfirmed.
Then support 'em. You're most likely getting them in the second pass, so there's still some time.

For now, let a woman take the invite and close the pass on a positive note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom