• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Watch fighter pass 2 be like, an exact mirror of fp1

Leon S. Kennedy
Lloyd Irving
Geno
Sol Badguy
???

Just because it can doesn’t mean it will. Murphy’s Law isn’t a constant.
How does Leon mirror Joker, I see what you mean with others genre wise and Geno being a fan request.

We live in a timeline where the best DLC song in Ultimate is named "Pasta".
Arashi no Saxophone says otherwise.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No female alt. Yep. I'm not even going to bother using Terry now. I wish they revealed the Geno Mii costume so that people would stop thinking he still has a chance to be playable in this game despite already being a spirit.
****ing wow. Ive never seen someone this motivated by their **** to pass up an amazing character just because there is no chick alt

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Ok Horndog

By the way I think it's safe to say the last FP character is a Namco character. All the Namco costumes are the only ones that haven't been added (other than Geno and Chocobo). Gonna give the edge to Lloyd as far as speculation goes.

The Chocobo and Mallow costumes will be added with Geno, mark my words
We don't even have a swordie in the FP yet, maybe Lloyd is our swordie?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don’t have access to my Switch rn so can someone tell me if Arashi no Saxophone made the cut?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Them's some tasty K. Rool buffs. Is nair safe on shield now? I know the landing lag is near nonexistent now.
I don’t have access to my Switch rn so can someone tell me if Arashi no Saxophone made the cut?
Yes. It's called Stormy Saxophone.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Someone made a pic that has all of the SwSh Pokemon, including New Pokemon, in it. Nice to have for team building.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How does Leon mirror Joker, I see what you mean with others genre wise and Geno being a fan request.

Arashi no Saxophone says otherwise.
Leon is a quick stylish Gun wielding character from a company with two characters already in the game.
I feel like Lloyd will A. satisfy more fan requests and B. provide a more unique moveset potential for Sakurai to play around with (especially after he said they tried for Heihachi in Smash 4 but couldn't do it.)
Fair. Honestly, I think they’re both likely tbh. I just like Tekken more.

Plus, I know it doesn’t matter, but I’ll roll my eyes if we get a third JRPG Character.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Still hoping Tracer makes it, even though it's not likely.

She's been my favorite Overwatch character for a while and has become one of my favorite game characters in general.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Leon is a quick stylish Gun wielding character from a company with two characters already in the game.
These feel like very superficial qualities. Persona and RE aren't alike at all.

Not to mention Joker is a very recent character while Leon is a Gamecube darling.

Can't believe you'd just put down Beneath the Mask like that smh
Believe me when I say it was for a joke.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Since Tales of is an Action RPG that blends both Fighting Game and RPG mechanics together. The Tales rep could be considered both a Fighting game and RPG rep.

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
  1. We don't have to get a sword fighter.
  2. Hero?
Imma be real witchu chief... I kinda forgot Hero existed

Someone made a pic that has all of the SwSh Pokemon, including New Pokemon, in it. Nice to have for team building.
I already got my team!
Intelleon, Corviknight, Obstagoon, Machamp, Hatterene, and Toxtricity!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Fair. Honestly, I think they’re both likely tbh. I just like Tekken more.

Plus, I know it doesn’t matter, but I’ll roll my eyes if we get a third JRPG Character.
Just because they're from a JRPG doesn't mean they'd play anything alike...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. So let’s break this down.

The remaining Mii Fighter costumes left from 4 are as follows
  1. X
  2. MegaMan.EXE
  3. Heihachi
  4. Lloyd
  5. Monster Hunter
  6. Rathalos Hunter
  7. Chocobo Hat
  8. Geno
  9. Gil

Based on this, I can make a few predictions.

Lloyd or Heihachi will come with whichever of the two doesn’t get the upgrade. Gil will release in the same wave.

The Monster Hunter and Mega Man costumes will probably come with a Capcom character post pass. Most likely from resident evil. Hopefully we also get a Dante costume.

The Chocobo hat will come with Geno when he releases along side the leaked Mallow costume.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
These feel like very superficial qualities. Persona and RE aren't alike at all.

Not to mention Joker is a very recent character while Leon is a Gamecube darling.

Believe me when I say it was for a joke.
Ok then. Who would you put in that spot then?
Just because they're from a JRPG doesn't mean they'd play anything alike...
I know. I know. It’s just my own personal hang ups.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I just realized the Ken leak’s image from last October or so had to be older than last year’s E3 direct based on the Pichu model, unless they kept running with the same build for testing instead of an updated one for some reason (I would think it’d make more sense to keep test builds updated), but even then, proof that things can have a lot of stuff done far from their release.
2018 smash ultimate was also a much larger development team and Q&A department, though, so a small image leak here or there was to be expected somewhere along the line

however, for not only pictures but an actual video to somehow leak out of the downsized smash development team, let alone a video recorded while two other people were apparently playing alongside the leaker, is incredibly bizarre

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, for anyone who wants to play a KOF or FF game, Burn Knuckle is QCB Punch in those titles and not QCF Punch like in Smash. QCF is usually Power Wave's input.

D

Deleted member

2018 smash ultimate was also a much larger development team and Q&A department, though, so a small image leak here or there was to be expected somewhere along the line

however, for not only pictures but an actual video to somehow leak out of the downsized smash development team, let alone a video recorded while two other people were apparently playing alongside the leaker, is incredibly bizarre
d6a.png

Leaking Smash Bros is an inside job?

D

Deleted member

I still think that the possibility of the leak being fake is still strong

More so after Sakurai's comments on adult characters (doh it isn't a full deconfirm).

Discretion is really necessary with this leak.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok then. Who would you put in that spot then?
Honestly? 2B.

Recent character, flashy moveset potential, coming from a long-running series that became mainstream with the latest title.

I can see her blindsiding a lot of people and yet still being a hype pick.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still think that the possibility of the leak being fake is still strong

More so after Sakurai's comments on adult characters (doh it isn't a full deconfirm).

Discretion is really necessary with this leak.
It’s not the same thing. Not by a long shot.

I’m still on team real. It’s impossible to fake at the current moment.

D

Deleted member

Honestly? 2B.

Recent character, flashy moveset potential, coming from a long-running series that became mainstream with the latest title.

Yeah, 2B would be cool too.

It also helps that both Square and Platinum are already on the Smash ship.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Where would Lara Croft fit in this mirror FP2?
No where really.

Honestly, I think she has a pretty good shot at this point. She’s pretty iconic.

Technically platinum aren’t. SEGA owns the IP and can do whatever they want with it if platinum drops it. They didn’t need to be on board for Bayo.

And honestly, they don’t need to be on board for 2B either. Square has complete control of the Nier IP as well.

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Honestly? 2B.

I think 2B would be the only character I would even come close to disliking being in Smash, and that's solely because I hated every minute I played of Nier: Automata and I think Yoko Taro is a hack

I would be excited for a friend of mine, but if she fell to the wayside I would have no problem with it. I'd much rather Dante/Leon/Geno

D

Deleted member

It’s not the same thing. Not by a long shot.

I’m still on team real. It’s impossible to fake at the current moment.
It's by no means impossible to fake, but the only real argument against it is "Well it could just be a very good mod."
We're not gonna get closure on this until someone admits they did it, an insider/leaker says something definitive on it, or until it just resolves itself naturally through upcoming reveals.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Technically platinum aren’t. SEGA owns the IP and can do whatever they want with it if platinum drops it. They didn’t need to be on board for Bayo.

And honestly, they don’t need to be on board for 2B either. Square has complete control of th
It's by no means impossible to fake, but the only real argument against it is "Well it could just be a very good mod."
We're not gonna get closure on this until someone admits they did it, an insider/leaker says something definitive on it, or until it just resolves itself naturally through upcoming reveals.
Have you seen someone actually get a hat mod running in Ultimate that’s doesn’t bug the game up to high heaven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom