• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Since they have to do negotiations and testing, I can easily see mii hats leaking before their release in a month or two. If the leak is real, they were definitely in testing, and it’s not like they release them as soon as they’re done, just when they feel ready for whatever reasons. Ken himself leaked in early October or later September, didn’t he? There’s also Hero, and it feeling too good to be true doesn’t mean it isn’t.
But how many times have we had video of stuff that was still in development?

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
No female alt. Yep. I'm not even going to bother using Terry now. I wish they revealed the Geno Mii costume so that people would stop thinking he still has a chance to be playable in this game despite already being a spirit.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
No female alt. Yep. I'm not even going to bother using Terry now. I wish they revealed the Geno Mii costume so that people would stop thinking he still has a chance to be playable in this game despite already being a spirit.
sir/madam, these vibes are absolutely rancid

Ivander

Smash Legend
So how do you guys think Sakurai's statement affects Shantae's and Velvet's chances?
If it's about upskirt shots, I think Shantae is safe as her pants are the whole package, kinda like a swimsuit/leotard with added shorts, but the gap from the regular swimsuit is still there between the thighs despite the shorts.
Velvet may be a different story, as by what I've looked of her art, it's not shorts she's wearing, but a ripped skirt.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Only clowns and other circus based workers would ask for an alt that isn't the Garou costume.

1573060013370.png

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I doubt the female alt would’ve worked anyway considering how proportionally different it is from M!Terry.

D

Deleted member

Friendly Remember what sakurai said is that “it’s more important that a character is fun to play, not just recognizable.”
Geno has a chance despite being Irelavent like banjo

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
No Namco mii costumes at all still really bode well for a Namco rep. Hopefully for me it's Lloyd or Velvet, but any Tales character would do.

D

Deleted member

I would say Erdrick being leaked as early has summer of last year is a real reason to believe if a costume could be leaked. Add how fighters could have running models as early as three months before their release (BK and PPlant) and I can believe why they were leaked so early.

Can't argue against the second point, though. It does feel too good to be true.
Ridley and "Everyone is Here!" also felt too good to be true
Also leaked on 4chan
Even a broken clock is right twice a day

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sakurai could never add female Terry in after calling us all good boys & girls
Come to think of it, I am sure not all of us are good girls and boys in many ways, like leaking and looking at leaks, and doing bad stuff in real life.

So he probably should have added Mai as a cameo anyway. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Isaac's wig.
So Gohan in Bojack Unbound. Isaac's hair is preeeety similar to Gohan's.

SS1Gohan Bojack Unbound.png

Friendly Remember what sakurai said is that “it’s more important that a character is fun to play, not just recognizable.”
Geno has a chance despite being Irelavent like banjo
It means a lot of cool characters have a chance, even if only a slight one.

Hype Man X8.jpeg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
But how many times have we had video of stuff that was still in development?
If the Ken tester could get an image, it’s possible they’re incompetent enough to let the hat tester get a video. Nintendo has screwed up multiple times already.

Heck, the Ken image was even older than the E3 direct last year based on the Pichu model.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
User was warned for this post
Ok Horndog

By the way I think it's safe to say the last FP character is a Namco character. All the Namco costumes are the only ones that haven't been added (other than Geno and Chocobo). Gonna give the edge to Lloyd as far as speculation goes.

The Chocobo and Mallow costumes will be added with Geno, mark my words

D

Deleted member

Watch fighter pass 2 be like, an exact mirror of fp1

Leon S. Kennedy
Lloyd Irving
Geno
Sol Badguy
???

Just because it can doesn’t mean it will. Murphy’s Law isn’t a constant.
I really don't think we'll get 5 characters, IMO. I think 2 at the bare mimimun, sure, but I think the max would be 4. If it was 5, they woulda branded it as Fighter's Pass 2, not "extra DLC characters"

osby

Smash Obsessed
We live in a timeline where the best DLC song in Ultimate is named "Pasta".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok Horndog

By the way I think it's safe to say the last FP character is a Namco character. All the Namco costumes are the only ones that haven't been added (other than Geno and Chocobo). Gonna give the edge to Lloyd as far as speculation goes.

The Chocobo and Mallow costumes will be added with Geno, mark my words
I’m still voting on Heihachi or some other Tekken character.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how many people are banging their heads against a wall right now trying to do the pretzel motion in Smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just realized the Ken leak’s image from last October or so had to be older than last year’s E3 direct based on the Pichu model, unless they kept running with the same build for testing instead of an updated one for some reason (I would think it’d make more sense to keep test builds updated), but even then, proof that things can have a lot of stuff done far from their release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom