• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I don't know if it's real, but man I want it to be. Doom's a game i've started to get into recently, and it's fantastic. Geno finally being in would be awesome too, we already got the other three biggest requests this game so why not.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even though the leaked Mii costumes weren't shown, I'm leaning more towards fake now.

It's rare for us to get genuine leaked screenshots from mid-development, let alone actual video. So to see Mii Costumes, not actual fighters, related to two highly requested characters when there's at least a month before we'll even have a chance of getting one makes this really feel like a fake leak.

When you first came on and admitted to it, you were adamant and fierce about how it wasn't your fault that you were spoiled, ad most everybody here agreed with you. You couldn't have done anything to avoid it. And then one user was an ass about it and now you're feeling like this. Don't let one user do that to you. Nobody thinks any lesser of you for this. You did nothing wrong.
Which user was that?

D

Deleted member

Personally, I don't really care if the leak is true or not, because I don't really mind Geno or Doom Guy.

But, for me, it would make the Fighter's pass end off on a "meh, it's fine." Not absolute gutter trash(Wii U flashbacks) but not what I thought of when they announced the fighter's pass.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Doom Slayer becomes a thing. I'm so shipping him with:ultpalutena:

Get it because Skyworld's enemies are demons and the underworld and Doom Slayer himself kills demons.

Headcanon will be Doom Slayer being Palutena's new boyfriend.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mallow and Cacodemon costumes weren’t shown off.

That’s good, means they’ll come when Geno and Doomguy are revealed.
We'll have to wait and see on that. I'm guessing the VGAs are gonna be the next reveal, and then Feb 2020 will be the when the new character is released.

Jeese. First violent characters are eligible because Joker's gun. But now it's not because of Mai's ****. Can we just pick an opinion and stay with it?
Opinions are bound to change when presented with information. And since Mai's not gonna be playable anyways, no point in going through the extra effort to censor her, whereas Bayo is fully playable, thus worth the effort of changing for a game that's rated E10.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Consider, Bayonetta.

It's not just the fact that Mai is skantilly clad, it's that she stands in a position where they hang, swing, and jiggle like nobodies business. Nobody was expecting for DoomSlayer or Scorpion to actually be cutting or tearing people apart. And their move sets can easily be done without it. It's just... not applicable.
Scorpion without actually killing the hell out of you just feels soulless. See: MK vs DC. What they did there was just criminal.

Ivander

Smash Legend
"Super Smash Bros Ultimate is for good boys and girls of many different ages."

Yet he makes Bayonetta a playable character.
Don't forget:ultzss:two last alts.
Thinking back to Palutena's scenario in Japan where part of her skirt was stitched up, I'm thinking CERO's main issue is with upskirt shots, hence why Samus and Bayonetta(after getting toned down) get less flack while Palutena, Corrin, Mythra and Mai get sniped.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Even though the leaked Mii costumes weren't shown, I'm leaning more towards fake now.

It's rare for us to get genuine leaked screenshots from mid-development, let alone actual video. So to see Mii Costumes, not actual fighters, related to two highly requested characters when there's at least a month before we'll even have a chance of getting one makes this really feel like a fake leak.
also the fact that we wouldn't be seeing these costumes (or costume) until late january/early february, which just makes them leaking out now even weirder

plus, the entire thing feels really baity to me - it's teasing two picks that are extremely popular on 4chan without actually having to show the fighters themselves, and it feels like it's mirroring itself with the ken leak to try and build up its legitimacy

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Thinking back to Palutena's scenario in Japan where part of her skirt was stitched up, I'm thinking CERO's main issue is with upskirt shots, hence why Samus and Bayonetta(after getting toned down) get less flack while Palutena, Corrin, Mythra and Mai get sniped.
Honestly, RIP Corrin's thighs. 10/10 would still lay my head on them

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why people are still freaking out over Mai?

She's not in because CERO hates panty shots. It has nothing to do with how sexualized a design is or original game's age rating.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
What if the Mii costume leak is real, but neither Geno or Doomslayer are playable?
Honestly, and I know this is gonna sound kinda ****ed up. But not gonna lie at least to me that **** would be pretty funny. Just from a watching the community self implode yet again when their expectations get ****ed with. Like when Pirahna Plant got announced.

D

Deleted member

also the fact that we wouldn't be seeing these costumes (or costume) until late january/early february, which just makes them leaking out now even weirder

plus, the entire thing feels really baity to me - it's teasing two picks that are extremely popular on 4chan without actually having to show the fighters themselves, and it feels like it's mirroring itself with the ken leak to try and build up its legitimacy
I would say Erdrick being leaked as early has summer of last year is a real reason to believe if a costume could be leaked right now instead of later. Add how fighters could have running models as early as three months before their release (BK and PPlant) and I can believe why they were leaked so early.

Can't argue against the second point, though. It does feel too good to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly, and I know this is gonna sound kinda ****ed up. But not gonna lie at least to me that **** would be pretty funny. Just from a watching the community self implode yet again when their expectations get ****ed with. Like when Pirahna Plant got announced.
And instead we get a Goomba.:troll:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, Terry is fun.

Not a main, but definitely a solid for-fun character along with the rest of "what's a boss?" team: :ultbayonetta::ultjigglypuff:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Scorpion without actually killing the hell out of you just feels soulless. See: MK vs DC. What they did there was just criminal.
Your talking to the wrong person. I love MK vs DCU. And I still think the gameplay and story accurately depict the character. Same with his appearance in Injustice. Plus Sub-Zero and Raiden’s appearance in Injustice 2. I know there are a lot of people who disagree, but the gore is not why I play MK and it’s certainly not integral to the characters. In fact, certain characters like Johnny, Cassie, Sonya, Nightwolf, Jax, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Raiden, and Stryker explicitly avoid killing in story scenarios. It’s not just that their opponents escape or whatever before they can land the finishing blow or whatever. They just straight up don’t do it unless absolutely necessary. The villains do all the time, but fun fact, so to the villains in EVERY fighting game. The Street Fighter bad guys have just as high a body count, it’s just not explicitly shown on screen.

My point, as long as Scorpion still acts the same and has the same moves as he does in the game, I don’t give a flying **** if he’s actually spilling blood and cutting off limbs with them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I remember most of Terry's alts, but not the Yellow one, which game did that come from again?

Cause the Dark Red with Greenish pants was in a lot of titles, as was the Blue/Black and Green/Tan ones.

I would say the game just being all around ghetto and jank is why it feels souless. He feels more like himself in Injustice 1. At least to me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
okami composer did absolutely not need to go this ****ing hard like for real

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Since they have to do negotiations and testing, I can easily see mii hats leaking before their release in a month or two. If the leak is real, they were definitely in testing, and it’s not like they release them as soon as they’re done, just when they feel ready for whatever reasons. Ken himself leaked in early October or later September, didn’t he? There’s also Hero, and it feeling too good to be true doesn’t mean it isn’t.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So how do you guys think Sakurai's statement affects Shantae's and Velvet's chances?
No.

As people said, a cameo and a playable character are completely different things. If Sakurai wants a woman as a fighter, he's not going to reject them just because of their outfit. Designs can be tweaked as long as their owners are fine with it.

And as :ultzss: proved, revealing designs are okay within reason.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ugh that game was an disgrace to the MK franchise and never should had been made.
Agree to disagree. See my earlier post as to why.

I still want Injustice vs. Mortal Kombat to be made. I feel like marketing it as an Injustice game with MK characters in it will soften the blow a bit. Like how no one was really upset about Street Fighter x Tekken not really having any Tekken gameplay elements besides the characters because it was clearly stated to be a Street Fighter game with added Tekken characters.

D

Deleted member

Don't forget:ultzss:two last alts.
You know that kinda gives me hope for shantae more. Also I don’t think there are any rules for only one indie rep. I mean reimu apeeals to Japan and shantae apeeals to the west I we have 2jrpgs in the same pass then i think2 indies isn’t that far fetched

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yo, Terry is pretty fun.

He probably fit into the "easy to start out, hard to master" category with all his motions, but even using at base level is pretty satisfying.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
So despite what I said about inputs on Terry, I'm going to really enjoy playing him. They actually aren't too hard to pull off! I wasn't expecting that.

At this point, I'm going to be a Fighter's pass main...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom