• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is saying that half the time will be spent on Terry, but it will be more like a quarter, as in the normal streams it spent half on the character and half on new costumes, amiibos, and modes. Terry could be very technical and still not fully fill up 25 minutes imo.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Glad that all you fine people enjoyed my Hunger Games Simulation earlier!

If anyone's hungry (:nessecho:) for more rounds any time soon, though, I won't be able to host them. Someone else can do that.

Due to reasons I'd rather not disclose in-detail because it's something highly personal, in just a few days I'll very likely be taking a hiatus from this website for at least a few weeks if not roughly a month, maybe a tad longer. Even if I don't, my posts will still be sporadic, which will also still be the case for a period of time after I end the hiatus should I end up taking it. So don't worry if ya don't see me for quite a while.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyone who doubts we're not getting at least a reveal on Wednesday is kidding themselves.
Agreed. I doubt there'd be another thing happening in November otherwise the only other one I can think is the VGA and I doubt they will as Joker's reveal was an last minute addition. Can't see that happening again unless by some chance its an coincidence.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Anyone who doubts we're not getting at least a reveal on Wednesday is kidding themselves.
The YouTube description for the stream indicates there won't be any information on unanounced fighters.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
> Makes a Smash arena for the memes
> Nobody joins

Wow, cool. Guess I'll just go back to being a dead-inside adult who plays Smash and enjoys himself despite the inevitable pain of existence that pervades each and every day of this punishment we call "life".

The worst part of all of this is that because it's on a Wednesday, I will be watching that Direct, going through a school day, then staying after-school to play Smash with teenagers at my school (and crushinating them), THEN coming home to have dinner and a game night with some of my best friends. Chances are, I won't play as Terry until like 12 hours after he's announced.

Existence on Wednesday will be pain.

D

Deleted member

> Makes a Smash arena for the memes
> Nobody joins

Wow, cool. Guess I'll just go back to being a dead-inside adult who plays Smash and enjoys himself despite the inevitable pain of existence that pervades each and every day of this punishment we call "life".

The worst part of all of this is that because it's on a Wednesday, I will be watching that Direct, going through a school day, then staying after-school to play Smash with teenagers at my school (and crushinating them), THEN coming home to have dinner and a game night with some of my best friends. Chances are, I won't play as Terry until like 12 hours after he's announced.

Existence on Wednesday will be pain.
Dude, I would have joined if I had a Switch Online Subscription.

D

Deleted member

Question Time! Who do you think Fighter #5 is!

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The YouTube description for the stream indicates there won't be any information on unanounced fighters.
Hmm, yeah, I'm gonna respectfully disagree with that description. Even a talk of Wave 2 goes against that description.

But I guess I'll eat my words if true.

D

Deleted member

If that doom,geno,frogger leak ends up true then these Are my expectations
1DAEAE76-DC47-43B4-A510-8712E6DA1197.jpeg
I also wanna point out that the leak also lists a hollow knight costume and you might doubt an indie rep like Shantae but that dosent mean she has no chance because just to let you all know shes older(2002) than the ones represented (SK and sans) so I still believe in her

D

Deleted member

I'm seeing people talking about Frogger and Smash.

Can someone explain what all this is about?
Leak with Doom and Geno mentioned Frogger, and suffice to say that was kinda a "wtf" moment for alot of us(so much so I literally had to google who frogger was!)

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
What is there to say about an already announced fighter for 45 minutes? Come on that’s just silly.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Alright then... 7/11 theory dead

Edit: 45 minutes? Terry better be more complex than Hero!
Time to practice our Engrish!

ROCK YOU! BEAT UP! CHANGING! BAHN KNACKU! POWA WAVE! CRACK SHOOT! KEECK BAHK! RAISING TACKO! POWA DAHNK! GET SIRIASS! STAND AHP! HEY, C'MON C'MON!

ARE YOU OKAY? BUSTA WOULF! LOST POWAH!

If you can't tell I'm excited, you're a fool.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Seriously though. This is as long as a direct. Something new other than Terry HAS to be shown. Maybe it ain't a reveal, but there's gotta be more. Terry, as neat as he is, ain't gonna need twice the time of other presentations to show off.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
With all this video game talk, I came up with a list of my FAVORITE VIDEO GAME CHARACTER in each year of life that I've been able to cognitively play games. Here are the results:

Preschool: Pac-Man (Namco arcade)
Kindergarten: Digdug (Namco arcade)
1st grade: Mario (Super Mario)
2nd grade: Frogger (Frogger)
3rd grade: Luigi (Super Mario)
4th grade: Pikachu (Pokemon)
5th grade: Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic)
6th grade: Mario (Super Mario)
7th grade: Mario (Super Mario)
8th grade: Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
9th grade: Mario (Super Mario)
10th grade: Mario (Super Mario)
11th grade: Falco Lombardi (StarFox)
12th grade: Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic)
College freshman: Pikachu (Pokemon)
College sophomore: Ness (Earthbound)
College junior: Sans the Skeleton (Undertale)
College senior: Lena "Tracer" Oxton (Overwatch)
Workforce 2018-19: Sheik (Legend of Zelda)
Workforce 2019-20 (present): Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic)

Appearances~
Mario: 5
Pikachu: 2
Sonic: 2
Tracer: 1
Tails: 1
Sans: 1
Ness: 1
Luigi: 1
Sheik: 1
Frogger: 1
Falco: 1
Pac-Man: 1
Diddy: 1
Digdug: 1

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seriously though. This is as long as a direct. Something new other than Terry HAS to be shown. Maybe it ain't a reveal, but there's gotta be more. Terry, as neat as he is, ain't gonna need twice the time of other presentations to show off.
But Shy! King of Fighters inspired Smash Bros! That's what Sakurai is obviously going to be talking about for the rest of the direct of how King of Fighters' history is what lead to Smash's existence and explaining why Terry is the most important inclusion out of any character in Smash history!

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
They better not be making me get up at 7am to watch 45 minutes with no new fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom