• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Controversial opinion here: I think there is a possibility the leak is fake, but there is also a possibility the leak is real, and we will require further news to deduce which possibility will happen.

D

Deleted member

People thought that the fact that the timer was paused meant the leaker was using some kind of dev mode that only someone with access to a dev version of Ultimate could use.
Don't devs use debug mode, which is theoretically accessible by pretty much anybody?

D

Deleted member

Controversial opinion here: I think there is a possibility the leak is fake, but there is also a possibility the leak is real, and we will require further news to deduce which possibility will happen.
Man be careful you could burn yourself with takes that hot

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch the leak is real but

We get the Cacodemon Mii costume along with an Doom Slayer one and an Geno and the Mallow one.

We actually instead we get Sora and Dovahkiin instead.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Watch the leak is real but

We get the Cacodemon Mii costume along with an Doom Slayer one and an Geno and the Mallow one.

We actually instead we get Sora and Dovahkiin instead.
How popular is Skyrim in Japan? I mean, Dovahkiin is something to speculate if the idea is we're getting a Bethesda character and they come with Bethesda costumes and depending on it's popularity in Japan, something to ponder.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How popular is Skyrim in Japan? I mean, Dovahkiin is something to speculate if the idea is we're getting a Bethesda character and they come with Bethesda costumes.
Popularity in Japan is not the end all be all. The last three picks have all been specifically chosen to cater to different regions of the world. We’ve got Japan, America/Britain, and Latin America/China.

I wonder who’s a popular pick down in Africa? They’re the only ones left, right?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Doom not being popular is Japan isn't really a point against him.

A lot of people in the west saw Hero as obscure Japanese anime man. People in Japan will see Doomslayer as obscure American shoot man. Doesn’t change the fact that Dragon Quest and Doom both had tremendous impacts in gaming history.

D

Deleted member

Doom not being popular is Japan isn't really a point against him.

A lot of people in the west saw Hero as obscure Japanese anime man. People in Japan will see Doomslayer as obscure American shoot man. Doesn’t change the fact that Dragon Quest and Doom both had tremendous impacts in gaming history.
Also your thousandth reminder that Sakurai has acknowledged the impact Doom has had on the FPS genre and the industry as a whole, and at the end of the day he has the final say

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Are Applin's evolutions exclusive? I saw talks of this. It looks like Flapple should evolve into Appletun, though...

and lol at the penguin with an ice cube head.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Are Applin's evolutions exclusive? I saw talks of this. It looks like Flapple should evolve into Appletun, though...

and lol at the penguin with an ice cube head.
flapple is sword
appletun is shield
both have same gmax

D

Deleted member

Popularity in Japan is not the end all be all. The last three picks have all been specifically chosen to cater to different regions of the world. We’ve got Japan, America/Britain, and Latin America/China.

I wonder who’s a popular pick down in Africa? They’re the only ones left, right?
It’s him who’s popular down at Africa
148D67FB-728B-49D5-B399-993454627F7F.jpeg

Pegg

Smash Rookie
Been a while, haven't posted on this site since the whole Grinch fiasco way back when. Figured this new "leak" was interesting enough to come back and give my thoughts (though, really it's not like my opinion is all that important anyways).

Personally, I buy it. There's nothing really definitive saying it's fake, I'd say. Obviously there's the very real possibility that it's just a mod, but as far as I can tell there's nothing really wrong with that. If it is a mod, likely means there's some sort of wizardry at play here, meaning huge potential for future cool Mii Costume mods.

The only other stuff that kinda bothers me about the "leak" is the obvious callbacks to the Ken leak. On the surface level, it may seem like it's just like some wannabe trying to ride off the legitimacy of Ken's good 'ol thumbs up, but that also... doesn't really deconfirm it. Like, Ken can taunt in the game. It's like if there were a hypothetical leak that had Mario taunting in it, and that means every future "leak" with Mario taunting is fake.

Timer can obviously be paused, I don't think it really adds or detracts from the leak in any way. There's no way to tell if a dev build has this ability or not, but it's also not unlikely to assume it does.

The following thoughts are under the assumption this is real.

The implications of this leading to new fighters is also interesting? Notably, the fact that it's a Mallow costume and not the Geno one bothers me. I don't think they'd have a Mallow costume and not the Geno one as well. Obviously the "leak" could have just excluded Geno costume to stir up hype/confusion, or it really does mean Geno is a playable fighter. I'm betting moreso on a Sans-styled costume that comes with music tracks.

As for Cacodemon, I find it interesting that it uses the DOOM/DOOM 2 design instead of the more recent design from 2016/Eternal. Maybe it was just easier to fit this one onto a hat? Unsure. I don't think it explicitly confirms any characters either, but Doomguy being playable would be cool in my books.

I guess in short, if it's a fake, it's a really neat one. If it's real, then cool. I'm a big fan of DOOM and I like Mario RPG, so I'd definitely be happy if it turned out to be real. Implications of additional fighters is always intriguing and fun to speculate about as well.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Right now I haven't settled on whether or not I think this is fake.

On one hand, it looks pretty convincing. On the other, the two characters involved in the leak are extremely relevant in current Smash speculation, which I find to be pretty suspicious. Not saying that's a point against it, but usually when we get a leak with back-to-back highly requested characters, it ends up being fake.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Back from work, now I can read more negative comments about SwSh and speculate how many people are actually going to play SwSh with me. Lmao...

Ivander

Smash Legend
I was mainly asking in regards to possible worldwide popularity. I mean, sure, Dragon Quest was more popular in Japan and Terry was more popular with Latin America, but Banjo and Joker were received positively worldwide and I'm just looking into the chance of another character who might be popular worldwide.
and at the end of the day he has the final say
Isn't it the company with the character that has the final say?

D

Deleted member

I was mainly asking in regards to possible worldwide popularity. I mean, sure, Dragon Quest was more popular in Japan and Terry was more popular with Latin America, but Banjo and Joker were received positively worldwide and I'm just looking into the chance of another character who might be popular worldwide.

Isn't it the company with the character that has the final say?
I more just mean in regards to characters he thinks could be in Smash
But yes you are technically correct

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Back from work, now I can read more negative comments about SwSh and speculate how many people are actually going to play SwSh with me. Lmao...
I'll play during my free hours. I'm getting the double pack, so I might be able to do a few trades if you'd like.

Same goes with anyone else getting only one version (Just don't expect Zacian and/or Zamazenta).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
... Don't NRS stuff typically have a hard time leaking because of NRS ****ing with dataminers?
Nah, all the stuff got leaked well ahead with the implication that Ash in MK11 fell through.
Then NRS end up "accidentally" leaking everything themselves anyway.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You survived work again I see.

How excited for the game are you?
I'm very excited. It looks really fun, and the limited number of Pokemon in the dex sets up for a unique meta. It's also a console Pokemon game, which I've been waiting for, for many years.

I plan on getting Pokemon Sword. Which is why I'm looking for Shield players so I can trade exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom