• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I just watched the video with the Blizzard apology.

I mean...yeah. Blizzard should now be accountable to show that they will have better judgment in the future. But after actually watching the video, I don’t really know why people think that “wasn’t acceptable” for an apology? It’s mainly angry twitter people, but I have learned to not take those posts with as large as a grain of salt as I used to.

What do people want him to do? Cry on stage and beg for forgiveness? The fact that they apologized when they could have either cancelled the event or just not addressed it says something.

They offered at apology. It doesn’t mean that the community has to blindly accept it. But they’ve at least attempted to right the wrongs. It’s not as if Blizzard is the only entity who has policies like that in the first place. Plenty of organizations do, and it’s a reasonable policy...though I disagree with the winnings and ban length.

I worked at a charter school that was funded by the Navy. It was school policy that I couldn’t speak against the government, president, etc. Basically, I couldn’t say, “Hey, **** the Navy!”
and retain my position. That makes sense. As much as I disagreed with many things the USA has done (and I still do) it’s not my place at work to do or say such things. (Granted, I kinda did anyway because we discussed stuff in my classes relating to social justice so...yeah).

At Wegmans, the grocery store I used to work at, you couldn’t post stuff on social media about how great competitors were. That makes sense.

I realize that Blitzchung was standing up for something great, and I give him credit for that...but just like my previous job, there’s a time and place to make that statement. Go to a rally. Do something off the clock. Even that same school said that would be fine.

Blizzard did react quickly. Hopefully they make good on their promises.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Caught up with the leaks

With Sobble2 I can't help but think of that 'it's not a phase mom!' joke. Otherwise I'm ambivalent on the design.

Grookey2 is eh.

Galarian Meowth looks like a gremlin/Chesure cat hybrid and I love it for that. I also like how its evolution incorporates Vikings into the design.

The baby fox is adorable and I like the campfire detail with the tail. Its evolution is also great, though I like it a little less due to the lack of the clever detail its pre-evolutions seems to have.

The purple dino is OK, looks cute.

Ambivalent on the elephant.

Grookey3 is good, I like that the drum is an uprooted tree trunk and I like the Raditz hairstyle. I'm a little iffy on the color scheme as I liked Grookey's more, but it's only a minor gripe.

Sobble3, at first when I saw it I didn't like it, but now it's grown on me. I like how its fin has become more prominent on the head and back, I like the smug look it gives and how it seems more confident, and it does manage to capture the look of a spy. My only issue is that I feel it's a bit too lanky, but maybe once I see it in action I'll feel better about that.

Shroob

Sup?
The only thing I can think of seeing these leaks

MA! MA THERE'SA WEIRD ****ING CAT OUT HERE! IT LOOKS LIKE GRANDMA!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
And that's a totally fair way to look at the situation. I'm not going to try and change your way of thinking since it's probably not something we'll ever have the full picture of, I'm just stating my thoughts on the situation and that I'm willing to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt despite my current feelings.
I totally understand that. And that's true. Well, I only hope that the players' and casters' situation get better somehow (I mean, 6 months is still quite a lot of time...).

D

Deleted member

There are so many leaks right now, that Mario can’t fix all of them in an hour!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Even the best of us has a limit on patience

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Toby Fox's Pokémon music is clearly going to be for "Battle! vs. Toby" and he's going to have a new 'mon that looks like a skeleton with blue eyes, and a Yamper with white fur.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Toby Fox's Pokémon music is clearly going to be for "Battle! vs. Toby" and he's going to have a new 'mon that looks like a skeleton with blue eyes and a Yamper with white fur.
Toby Fox is actually going to add me and my top tier song “Death by Glamour!”

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Toby Fox's Pokémon music is clearly going to be for "Battle! vs. Toby" and he's going to have a new 'mon that looks like a skeleton with blue eyes, and a Yamper with white fur.
Inb4 it’s revealed Toby was a guest designer too and he was the one responsible for the design of Impidimp...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Can we talk about

Grooky3?

If its name really is Rillaboom, that's clever as ****.

Go! Rillaboom!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just gotten a call from my brother and sister-in-law who are currently traveling through New Zealand. It was nice to hear their voices again. ^_^

D

Deleted member

Just gotten a call from my brother and sister-in-law who are currently traveling through New Zealand. It was nice to hear their voices again. ^_^
Glad to hear that!

I also love to talk with people who are close to me in my personal life but live far away, such as my friend from Madrid who is a hardcore Pokémon fan.

Hearing their voices always warms my heart!

D

Deleted member

The shop page for it on Switch mentions "In-app purchases," I'm glad that means DLC rather than "pay $5.99 for 3 gold bones."
With the Mettaton Pass, you will get access to the soap opera mode of Luigi’s Mansion 3!

More drama!
More romance!
More bloodshed!

Truly an experience Luigi’s Mansion fans won’t want to miss out!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dagnabbit why is this thread so hard to look away from? This place is like a minefield of spoiler tags and pokemon leaks right now and yet I keep coming back.

Anyway thanks for using spoiler tags everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom