• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, here's my updated Sonic game tier list. Prepare for some controversy:

I didn't include games I haven't played at all. The games you see listed I've played at least one or two levels of, and those are exceptions. The mass majority of these games I've played to completion or close to it.
Colors at the top

Huzzah, a man of taste!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, osby osby isn't wrong, if we're talking A-Tier in terms of historical significance, Hero is the only one who's truly up there up there. Banjo and Joker, while popular, didn't do as much for the gaming industry as Dragon Quest did, being the grandfather of RPGs and all. It's just hard to have a legacy that can be as significant as that.

If we're talking tier lists, well... Joker would be up there, probably at S. Hero would be somewhere near the lower end of the A-Tier. Banjo and Plant... uh...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai said earlier that Joker, Hero, and Banjo were all in development at the same time, so I would guess their team can develop 3 at a time and they swap them out when they're finished.

*cries in Dixie Kong*
Hey. I’m a DKC fan. And even I can admit Dixie is very low tier in the grand scheme of things. So is K. Rool if I’m being honest. Glad we got him still though. But if we hadn’t gotten him in the base game I wouldn’t have exactly been expecting him as dlc.

D

Deleted member

I mean, osby osby isn't wrong, if we're talking A-Tier in terms of historical significance, Hero is the only one who's truly up there up there. Banjo and Joker, while popular, didn't do as much for the gaming industry as Dragon Quest did, being the grandfather of RPGs and all. It's just hard to have a legacy that can be as significant as that.

If we're talking tier lists, well... Joker would be up there, probably at S. Hero would be somewhere near the lower end of the A-Tier. Banjo and Plant... uh...
Tier list of DLC importance in gaming is probably
  1. Hero
  2. Terry
  3. Persona
  4. Banjo

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm about to throw hands if you think Banjo is any lower than upper-mid tier. Yeah he has a few glaring weaknesses, such as a hard time killing and lackluster mobility but he has a unique mix of defensive and offensive play that he can switch between pretty much whenever he wants, his edgetrapping is legitimately scary, and he has a host of tools that make you play the game at his tempo.
He's not amazing, but he's still pretty good.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hey. I’m a DKC fan. And even I can admit Dixie is very low tier in the grand scheme of things. So is K. Rool if I’m being honest. Glad we got him still though. But if we hadn’t gotten him in the base game I wouldn’t have exactly been expecting him as dlc.
Well, in terms of the general gaming sphere, all of the S/A first party characters have been in since Brawl. But in terms of the scope of Nintendo specifically, I would say Dixie ranks higher than just about any first party character not yet in the game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, in terms of the general gaming sphere, all of the S/A first party characters have been in since Brawl. But in terms of the scope of Nintendo specifically, I would say Dixie ranks higher than just about any first party character not yet in the game.
Toad’s at the top because he’s in everything.
Then Dixie.
Then Waluigi.

This is the definitive ranking, don’t fight me because you’ll lose.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why is there budget problems? Where did that idea come from? Nintendo is a multi-billion dollar company with enough stockpiled cash to run a deficit for 38 years in a row. If this game has budgetary issues it’s their own damn fault.
-The insane amount of IP licensing deals makes it likely that royalties are being paid to a ton of companies for each sale. Remember, it's not just characters, spirits/music/stages could potentially need royalty payments and/or an upfront payment in order to be included in the game.
-Fighting games are extremely expensive to make; in Smash each character needs hundreds of animations alone. That's not even considering the FX work, sounds, combat design, etc..
-Nintendo is not the developer of Smash.
-Even if a company has a ton of money, they are aiming to make a profit off of their products rather than lose money.

Of course I've not seen their budget planning or whatever but yeah just some notes here.

StormC

Smash Hero
I still don’t know why Nintendo didn’t buy Rare. It just doesn’t make sense. And even if it was explained to me I still wouldn’t understand.
Nintendo usually avoids acquisitions. They recently said they prefer collaborating with developers rather than buying them outright.

AlphaDream seemingly went under because of their own issues, though I suppose a hypothetical buyout could have saved them.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They could always do Captain Toad.
Captain Toad would be good.

Imo, the Toad, maybe with Toadette as an alt, would be best. He could use the propeller mushroom powerup, the spores he releases when Peach uses him currently, a kart or the Mario Kart mushrooms, Captain Toad's pickaxe, and some more stuff. Maybe he could have a more-powerful version of Peach's turnip pull, and maybe even something to do with the monsters from Wario's Woods.

I wouldn't mind Captain Toad either, but I don't think he's the same Toad as the main Toad.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Been thinking of First party characters I want to see. I mean, I have Ridley. So my "wanting" has really gone away. But I can list people I would be excited for. I am at the point where any new character is game (Even Plant)

But I would like to see

Waluigi
Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
Black Shadow
Skull Kid
Issac
Starfy
Dillian
(Almost all Assist Trophies in a way)

Chorus Kids
Joe (RH)
Andy from Advance Wars
Octolings
Chibi Robo
Custom Robo Ray Mk 3
Box Boy

---

Man looking at it, so many good reps got ATed.
For 3rd party, I still want Goemon. But I also want Steve, Master Chief, and KOSMOS.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm about to throw hands if you think Banjo is any lower than upper-mid teir. Yeah he has a few glaring weaknesses, such as a hard time killing and lackluster mobility but he has a unique mix of defensive and offensive play that he can switch between pretty much whenever he wants, his edgetrapping is legitimately scary, and he has a host of tools that make you play the game at his tempo.
He's not amazing, but he's still pretty good.
But Tom! This character isn't winning tournament left & right and giving me excuse to call peoples who play this character toxic to the game! That surely mean he is bad!

Also
Oh **** I didn't think I'd actually get chosen
What do I do now I wasn't prepared for this
View attachment 244133
Tbh here, I was kinda like you when it happened to me, but after the fact, not alot of peoples ended up asking me questions, and those I got were fairly simple, so I think it should go well for ya.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If I had to order the remaining first-parties by level of iconicness, my top five would look something like this:

1. Toad
2. Waluigi
3. Skull Kid
4. Dixie Kong
5. BWD

D

Deleted member

So
for Halloween
I’m gonna be racing on the least Spooky Track in Mario Kart...
¯\_(>w<)_/¯

StormC

Smash Hero
To think we lost that series and many more because the fool that suggested Microsoft buy Rare thought they’d be getting Donkey Kong out of it.
Not to be that guy, but that isn't the case. The story goes that a random Microsoft executive was touring the Rare office after the buyout, saw a poster of DKC, and remarked "huh, we own Donkey Kong now?"

Part of the agreement of the buyout was Nintendo would own DK and all the Rare-created DK characters, so Microsoft knew what they were buying.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo usually avoids acquisitions. They recently said they prefer collaborating with developers rather than buying them outright.

AlphaDream seemingly went under because of their own issues, though I suppose a hypothetical buyout could have saved them.
Honestly. That seams really foolish. If a studio is doing you a lot of good, are only making games for you specifically, and aren’t interested in working with anyone else, it’s in your best interest to snatch em up before someone else does. You’d think the Rare incident would have taught them that.
Captain Toad would be good.

Imo, the Toad, maybe with Toadette as an alt, would be best. He could use the propeller mushroom powerup, the spores he releases when Peach uses him currently, a kart or the Mario Kart mushrooms, Captain Toad's pickaxe, and some more stuff. Maybe he could have a more-powerful version of Peach's turnip pull, and maybe even something to do with the monsters from Wario's Woods.

I wouldn't mind Captain Toad either, but I don't think he's the same Toad as the main Toad.
I always thought it was just normal toad in a costume.

Like, I just don’t know how to do normal road without changing Peach’s moveset. They could give peach and daisy Buckenberry and Alagold but then again, those are really easy recolors for Toad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, if you want, I could always just remove you and simply draw again
Eh go ahead and do that if it's not too much trouble, I've been meaning to take myself off the list for a while now but I just never got around to asking.
But Tom! This character isn't winning tournament left & right and giving me excuse to call peoples who play this character toxic to the game! That surely mean he is bad!
If tournament results and representation were the only measurement for tier lists people wouldn't still be putting Inkling in top tier :4diddy:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Like, I just don’t know how to do normal road without changing Peach’s moveset. They could give peach and daisy Buckenberry and Alagold but then again, those are really easy recolors for Toad.
You're overthinking this. Chrom can get caught in Robin's Finsl Smash, where he gets assaulted by himself.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Eh go ahead and do that if it's not too much trouble, I've been meaning to take myself off the list for a while now but I just never got around to asking.
No biggie

That actually works out on my end, cuz last minute right after I posted, I remembered I promised Mr. Trumo Mr. Trumo the next Sunday slot.

Also, Prez has been absent as of late, so her Thursday slot maybe up for grabs too. stay tuned on that

also, reminder that if you would like to be removed from (or added to) the future list of AMA subjects, please let me know

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I thought Captain Toad was the main Toad too, but the Mario Wiki and what I've seen said elsewhere have me confused about that, so I'm not sure anymore. He might specifically be a Red Toad.

I think they could give Peach a different move in the next game, or replace him with Toadsworth (he'd attack the opponent just before Peach is hit), leaving Toad free to be a fighter.

edit: of course he could also just be a Chrom situation. They could also give Peach a colored Toad that isn't used if not Toadsworth, and if Toadette takes up four alts.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Happy halloween everyone. I got my costume today so i'll try to send a picture soon. What's happenin here today?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not to be that guy, but that isn't the case. The story goes that a random Microsoft executive was touring the Rare office after the buyout, saw a poster of DKC, and remarked "huh, we own Donkey Kong now?"

Part of the agreement of the buyout was Nintendo would own DK and all the Rare-created DK characters, so Microsoft knew what they were buying.
I was told differently then.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Gonna watch Halloween (2018), Donnie Darko, and Nightmare Before Christmas tonight. Happy Halloween, my friends.

Also, Happy ****ing Birthday to the one, the only, the beautiful, the stunning, Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Love ya bunch, you pervert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom