• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Agree, if i had to pick 3 non video game characters for Smash, my choices would be:
1. Lincoln Loud (Lincoln gets loud!)
2. Scooby-Doo (Scooby ruffs it up!)
3. Godzilla (Godzilla stomps the competition!)
You can see some splash screens i made up for them.

Just imagine a 11-year old boy and a talking Great Dane fighting both Galeem & Dharkon. (Or even better, a fusion of both Galeem/Dharkon together.)
If I had to pick, it would be:

1) Batzz
1572533833179.png
2) Bal
1572533853251.png
3) Drum
1572533873313.png

In other words, MORE CARD GAME SHILLING!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway inb4 this means we're only getting two post-pass fighters and the fighters really was pushing the plural to its limits

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At the very least, I feel like we'll get three more characters after the pass.

I'm expecting five altogether, but I could see this lasting even longer than that if sales are good.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
anyway inb4 this means we're only getting two post-pass fighters and the fighters really was pushing the plural to its limits
Seems kind of odd for them to stop at two more fighters after Sakurai's comment about him wanting to support the game for as long as possible.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What does inb4 mean?

Also..... no. That’s just pessimism for pessimism’s sake. No way they’re going to ignore how profitable this DLC has been and not push it to its limit.

Here’s to hoping they set the record and are able to cram 100 FighterZ into this son of a *****. I’m not expecting it by any means. But I’m not abandoning hope as it feels like a genuine possibility. Especially if you count Echo Fighters.
Seems kind of odd for them to stop at two more fighters after Sakurai's comment about him wanting to support the game for as long as possible.
Exactly. Push it to the limits! And then push beyond those limits!

Plus. DLC is much less stressful then working on a full game. I imagine he’ll want to stick to this for as long as possible before he throws himself into the next project (which will be a lot more work and a lot more stressful).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll just wait and see what happens in the Next days.

I have a feeling it "won't be some beautiful days" for the Smash fandom, since I can see some people being mad over anything.

Time will tell, but right now I have other things to worry about.

D

Deleted member

At least the copyright didn't leak this time
Are those two slots taking into account the FP5 or not?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I wouldn’t count out more than 2 additional fighters yet. There’s really no indication of how many we’re getting total, but the fact that they’re there should be exciting, I’d say.

As IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1 points out in that post, he’s not saying there’s any amount of characters. He’s pointing out that they’re making it easier to add more content later.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No. I knew what pessimism was. For at least a decade now. Maybe more.

I just like to warn against it because, while getting overhyped is bad for you, getting underhyped is also dangerous and can basically desensitize you.
Believe me, no one here is getting underhyped because Sakurai went above expectations.

osby

Smash Obsessed
No. I knew what pessimism was. For at least a decade now. Maybe more.

I just like to warn against it because, while getting overhyped is bad for you, getting underhyped is also dangerous and can basically desensitize you.
Counterargument: Getting underhyped can only be bad for you but getting overhyped is bad for the whole community.

D

Deleted member

On topic though, I do believe expecting 5 fighters post-fp is something to be wary on. We only have evidence for two post-fp fighters, so it's better to not expect more than what we're promised and see what Sakurai gives us. Just treat it like Smash 4 dlc and see when it ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
On topic though, I do believe expecting 5 fighters post-fp is something to be wary on. We only have evidence for two post-fp fighters, so it's better to not expect more than what we're promised and see what Sakurai gives us. Just treat it like Smash 4 dlc and see when it ends.
Technically we haven’t been promised anything beyond “more fighters” and Sakurai wanting to push the size of the crossover as far as he can. And I don’t think the website should be treated as an end all be all source for “this is all we’re getting”. It might have code for two fighters now, but before it didn’t have code for anyone. It can always be expanded as is needed because at the end of the day it’s just a collection of text and pictures.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
You people are forgetting that Sakurai didn’t necessarily say the fighters were going to be unique. The post-pass DLC is just gonna be two mii costumes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Technically we haven’t been promised anything beyond “more fighters” and Sakurai wanting to push the size of the crossover as far as he can. And I don’t think the website should be treated as an end all be all source for “this is all we’re getting”. It might have code for two fighters now, but before it didn’t have code for anyone. It can always be expanded as is needed because at the end of the day it’s just a collection of text and pictures.
"As far as he can" can mean anything, especially when one's working on a game for years.

Also, nobody said we are definitely only getting two fighters. It's just a precaution.

D

Deleted member

When did I say the website was my source? Like you yourself said, Sakurai literally promised more fighters. FighterS. Plural. That's evidence for 2 fighters at minimum, but nothing beyond is promosed. Whatever happens next happens next.

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I’m not doing Sonic hot takes, but.
Sonic Mania should've included Amy.
Not sure if this is a hot take. I’ve witnessed crazy amounts of people complaining about Amy’s absence from Mania which probably accumulated into her eventually being included in Mania Adventures.

If we get some sort of sequel to Mania I’d be surprised if she weren’t in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom