• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Eh go ahead and do that if it's not too much trouble, I've been meaning to take myself off the list for a while now but I just never got around to asking.

If tournament results and representation were the only measurement for teir lists people wouldn't still be putting Inkling in top teir :4diddy:
Doesn't stop peoples to ask for nerf tho, even though like you said, Inkling isn't that dominating ( Leo is the only one really dominating with Joker, yet peoples still ask Joker to get nerfed really hard), but her kit is frustating enough to cause problems to peoples who don't know the match-up.

That and, remember K.Rool probably getting nerf because everyone was complaining about him when the game started? Surely, he was a high tier guys! Even though nobody won tournament and peoples were just starting figuring out the game, K.ROOL BROKKKEN, FUNNY JOKES.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
What are you guys gonna watch this Halloween?
My list right now is: Over the Garden Wall, Castlevania, and probably a really bad movie with a 2 dollar budget.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What are you guys gonna watch this Halloween?
My list right now is: Over the Garden Wall, Castlevania, and probably a really bad movie with a 2 dollar budget.
You watching all 5 hours of Castlevania in one night?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Doesn't stop peoples to ask for nerf tho, even though like you said, Inkling isn't that dominating ( Leo is the only one really dominating with Joker, yet peoples still ask Joker to get nerfed really hard), but her kit is frustating enough to cause problems to peoples who don't know the match-up.

That and, remember K.Rool probably getting nerf because everyone was complaining about him when the game started? Surely, he was a high tier guys! Even though nobody won tournament and peoples were just starting figuring out the game, K.ROOL BROKKKEN, FUNNY JOKES.
I'm mostly fine with Joker but he does need to be reigned in a bit
I mean just ****ing look at the hitbox on Tetrakarn
EDdw9BjXUAE6Nd8.jpeg

That is not okay

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean I'm mostly fine with Joker but he does need to be reigned in a bit
I mean just ****ing look at the hitbox on Tetrakarn
View attachment 244139
That is not okay
A bit of nerf is fine, it's just peoples wanting to basically kill any fun a characters can have that annoy me, but yeah, that hitbox is....
D6eNvHMW0AI2Pz1.jpg

Did Smash 4 Corrin counter hitbox had a baby or somethin'?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd complain but then I remembered I play Hero so I don't get to complain about hitbox jank
Hero has to either die or spend all his mana to get a massive, all-encompassing hitbox
Joker just has to counter a move

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
D

Deleted member

Come to think of it, Blizzcon starts tomorrow, really curious how this one's gonna pan out due to the recent happenings.
Due to being the spoopy day that is Halloween, l almost forgot today was Thursday, aka AMA day.

Anyways, Taigiry's AMA is now up!

will reveal the next two names shortly
Oh, it's starting, guess I should add it to my signatue then, everyone's been doing that, after all. Though in hindsight, I'm wondering if it wouldn't have been better to delay it for one day due to Halloween. On the other hand, Spooky Day now officially belongs to me.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Considering there are multiple Toads, you wouldn't really need to change Peach's Toad to make one playable. You could also just avoid the problem completely by adding Captain Toad, but then you have the whole "can't jump" controversy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not too familiar with hero's hitbox nonsense, but isn't the hitbox on the 2nd and 3rd charges of his side special all over the place?
Hero has to either die or spend all his mana to get a massive, all-encompassing hitbox
Joker just has to counter a move
Oh I meant in general cause this **** is ****ed
Screenshot_20191031-192701.png
Screenshot_20191031-192731.png

The second one is the Slash Menu moves

Slash Menu moves are also like frame 6 sooooo yeah

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
D

Deleted member

Oh I meant in general cause this **** is ****ed
View attachment 244144View attachment 244145
The second one is the Slash Menu moves

Slash Menu moves are also like frame 6 sooooo yeah
Yeah Hero has some super janky hitboxes but the saving grace is that all of his specials except for Hatchet Man and Kamikazee have the exact same counter in "hold shield" and they also mostly hit in a cone in front of him so there's areas where it's safe to be.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you actually get hit by Kazap, that's all on you. Move has no shield damage, slow and laggy, wastes so much MP, but it kills at 45% with super armor. That's all.

Also, if you get hit by Hatchet Man, just stop playing the game.

D

Deleted member

For real whenever I rationalize Hero's bull**** at friends and they ask about Snooze that's my go-to response. The **** you doing, rushing in or dropping shields? Now eat a 12.5 percent crit chance
If only they read the screen before realizing I was gonna cast snooze.

D

Deleted member

If you actually get hit by Kazap, that's all on you. Move has no shield damage, slow and laggy, wastes so much MP, but it kills at 45% with super armor. That's all.

Kazapple breaks from half-shield IIRC but yeah if you're jumping at a Hero charging it that's your fault

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly. That seams really foolish. If a studio is doing you a lot of good, are only making games for you specifically, and aren’t interested in working with anyone else, it’s in your best interest to snatch em up before someone else does. You’d think the Rare incident would have taught them that.
I don't think Nintendo views the Rare situation with any sort of regret. The Stampers sold their stock and Nintendo didn't feel the investment was worth it to get it all back. There was already bad blood brewing during the last couple of years.

Nintendo prides itself on their in-house development. There was an interview about this in Time:

“We’ve never tried to imitate any other company,” he says, later adding that “the idea of using our IP in things like theme parks or movies is simply an extension of the philosophy we’ve had all along.” And to be sure, Nintendo’s strategy is less about acquisitions and more about in-house creations.
https://time.com/5706432/nintendo-shuntaro-furukawa/

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah Hero has some super janky hitboxes but the saving grace is that all of his specials except for Hatchet Man and Kamikazee have the exact same counter in "hold shield" and they also mostly hit in a cone in front of him so there's areas where it's safe to be.
Psyche Up ****s shields up too btw

I saw Hyuga (yes THAT Hyuga) react to Hatchet Man by running up to it and holding shield. He had 3 projectiles to knock him out of it too, guess bad people are inherently bad players

D

Deleted member

Psyche Up ****s shields up too btw
I mostly mean spells with an immediate effect and not buffs but yeah if you're holding shield against a Hero with Psyche Up you have noone to blame other than yourself

D

Deleted member

I’ve seen some say the dlc background colors reference to what they’re wearing but I think I know why those are they’re colors

:ultpiranha:-most plants are green
:ultjoker:-red is actually one of the main colors of persona 5, like p4 was yellow, and p3 was blue
:ulthero:-not only is it hero’s clothing but it’s actually the dragon in the dq11 logo
:ultbanjokazooie:-Rare & jiggies. Isn’t it obvious?
:ult_terry:-his background is actualy referencing the snk logo which is all blue
Cp5-if it’s orange then idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom