• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm ready. I did a shot. I actually care about Microsoft this year. Not just because of Smash but because my roommate got an Xbox One S and it's actually an awesome system with great exclusives and GamePass. GamePass on Switch would be so cool! And of course the hope that a Microsoft character is confirmed...

I'm pumped! And a little tipsy! And we even have Bethesda for DOOM and maybe a new Arkane game, and Devolver Digital for Metal Wolf Chaos (hopefully) coming up too! God I love videogames!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've been watching Ozark and I'm about halfway through season 1. It's got a few real good plot elements, but I can't help but feel that cast of characters leave me wanting more so far. I'm not as invested in this cast as I expected, and I'm hoping that my opinions turn around soon.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of above. I recently watched all of Hilda again. Still holds up. Its such a lively show and literally a breath of fresh air. Can't wait for season 2 next year!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Papagenos just made a video on the fake smash ball.
Nice vid, but not everything is a hint.

People need to let Sakurai have some fun. Not everything he does is smash hints.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
*sigh we really going with this theory again. Bayonneta was definitely not decided that early. No one mentioned cloud at all and there were no signs for him. Only that one guy Tansune( if I spelled that right) hinted at cloud and that was right before his direct
There were actually scraps of data from Ike and ZSS respectively added shortly after The April 1st Direct, but it wasn't found until almost a year later. Pretty sure PushDustin himself confirmed it, and I remember Gamexplain doing a a video on it. Given which two characters were involved, that can't be a coincidence.

Bayonetta and Cloud were decided very early in the ballot's life, and people don't realize how long it actually took Sakurai and his team to create them.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m done with the conversation because i’m pretty sure people aren’t actually reading what i’m saying.

I trust the sources i’ve talked with. You would trust them too, but I am not going to share who they are. They’re far smarter than I am, and I trust them.

In addition, these same folks talked with me about the Grinch Leak, and the Box Leak. I trusted their judgment on both based on what they know and they were right.

Erdrick would not be shown during a presentation for an exclusive game on Switch from a 3rd party, because the focus of the presentation was literally the exclusive game from the 3rd party company, that also wouldn’t be out for half a year. A Smash character outshines that immediately, even if its for the game coming out.

There is still more to talk about with that game, obviously.

It’s never 100% for a leaked character. I’m not even at the point that I would say it’s, “100%” that Erdrick is in the game. However, to act as if time is arbitrarily up for Erdrick is ridiculous, especially when it’s all speculative and based on what we “think” makes sense.

I have heard Erdrick is in the game. I have no reason to doubt it, but if I do, then I will decide my thoughts from there

This recent upsurge in “Erdrick isn’t in” though, has nothing to it right now. Right now, it just seems like, “Erdrick isn’t here, and based on what I think he should be by now, and I don’t want him, so I don’t think he’s in”.

Literally hypocritical. Extremely. Just wait and see what happens. I think he’s in and i’m not even a die hard for Erdrick, so I really don’t get why people are so adamant to find reasons why he isn’t in, aside from the fact that people don’t want him.

I will have to hear it from a source that he isn’t in. Only then will I believe it.

I heard similar stuff about the Box Leak. “They wouldn’t do that with Smash”. Sure enough, based on the same sources they did.

You aren’t going to prove Erdrick isn’t in with these arguments. It’s simply up to time.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Microsoft's E3 presentation is about forty-five minutes from now; here's a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUyC51dl39s

I don't know what to expect for it, but given some of the stuff that's been Tweeted recently (the Nintendo Direct listed as being a place to be for Xbox news; all of the Banjo and Miyamoto rumours), I have hope that there will be some exciting announcements there.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Papagenos just made a video on the fake smash ball.
Nice vid, but not everything is a hint.

People need to let Sakurai have some fun. Not everything he does is smash hints.
I'm like 90% sure that the Smash Ball turned into a Fake Smash Ball because Sakurai knew people were expecting a character announcement after the tournament.

As in, it was a Fake Out joke.

Like you said, not everything is a hint.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
if you argue hard enough against a character's chances, they won't happen

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I’m done with the conversation because i’m pretty sure people aren’t actually reading what i’m saying.

I trust the sources i’ve talked with. You would trust them too, but I am not going to share who they are.

In addition, these same folks talked with me about the Grinch Leak, and the Box Leak. I trusted their judgment on both based on what they know and they were right.

Erdrick would not be shown during a presentation for an exclusive game on Switch from a 3rd party, because the focus of the presentation was literally the exclusive game from the 3rd party company, that also wouldn’t be out for half a year. A Smash character outshines that immediately, even if its for the game coming out.

It’s never 100% for s leaked character. I’m not even at the point that I would say it’s, “100%” that Erdrick is in the game. However, to act as if time is arbitrarily up for Erdrick is ridiculous, especially when it’s all speculative and based on what we “think” makes sense.

I have heard Erdrick is in the game. I have no reason to doubt it, but if I do, then I will decide my thoughts from there

This recent upsurge in “Erdrick isn’t in” though, has nothing to it right now. Right now, it just seems like, “Erdrick isn’t here, and based on what I think he should be by now, and I don’t want him, so I don’t think he’s in”.

Literally hypocritical. Extremely. Just wait and see what happens. I think he’s in and i’m not even a die hard for Erdrick, so I really don’t get why people are so adamant to find reasons why he isn’t in, aside from the fact that people don’t want him.

I will have to hear it from a source that he isn’t in. Only then will I believe it.

I heard similar stuff about the Box Leak. “They wouldn’t do that with Smash”. Sure enough, based on the same sources they did.

You aren’t going to prove Erdrick isn’t in with these arguments. It’s simply up to time.
I think you're going too deep into the arguments. Opinions go back and forth with each bit of information we get. As of now, people are switching over to Banjo because it's fairly new info and they really want it to be true.

Like you said, just give it time. Even if he's not revealed at E3, I can almost promise you that people will start drifting back to thinking he's a lock shortly after.

D

Deleted member

Now if there's a Nintendo related announcement at E3, what would be the most lame and the best one?
Lame:
-Mobile Nintendo games on Xbox
-NES online on Xbox
Meh:
-Achievements
Good:
-Multiplats from Xbox to Switch
-Joint projects

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm like 90% sure that the Smash Ball turned into a Fake Smash Ball because Sakurai knew people were expecting a character announcement after the tournament.

As in, it was a Fake Out joke.

Like you said, not everything is a hint.
I think he legitimately just realized that it was a fake smash ball halfway into the video

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That troll from the Crash Team Racing people on Geoff's stream thing.

Hyping up Spyro to reveal a penguin instead. Lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. I’ve got my setup ready to watch Microsoft’s conferences. So my video reactions to each one will be all you see of my for the rest of the day. Be sure to comment afterwards, these are meant to start a dialogue afterall

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think he legitimately just realized that it was a fake smash ball halfway into the video
Possible, but it started as a Smash Ball and at some point turned into a Fake Smash Ball.

I don't think he wasn't expected it, he was calling attention to it in the same way he normally does in the Smash directs.

(He also apologized).
That troll from the Crash Team Racing people on Geoff's stream thing.

Hyping up Spyro to reveal a penguin instead. Lol.

I knew that the roster they had shown so far wasn't everything.

Also... they made Penta a Speed Type instead of a Turning type? Cool.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Scoliosis Jones is absolutely right by the way. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I trust the sources i’ve talked with. You would trust them too, but I am not going to share who they are. They’re far smarter than I am, and I trust them.

It’s never 100% for s leaked character. I’m not even at the point that I would say it’s, “100%” that Erdrick is in the game. However, to act as if time is arbitrarily up for Erdrick is ridiculous, especially when it’s all speculative and based on what we “think” makes sense.

I respect your stance and points, however to be fair your points are just as valid for him as the ones against him are.

You have a source that’s all there is to it. As I said though sources can be right or they can be wrong. Each bit of information is a reset of their credibility imo. Just because they got stuff right in the past doesn’t mean it’s going to happen again. Either way on both sides there is no way to definitely prove he is or isn’t in.

I disagree with the idea there should t be a time stamp on his reveal but I get your point. I’m someone majoring in game design and can say that there should not be this long of a gap for a character who was supposedly going to be the first reveal.

No one can truly prove the other wrong though. Like I said personally if he’s not at E3 I don’t think he’s in. Your free to disagree but I do believe after E3 if he’s not in a majority will agree he’s probably not coming and it would be a tough case to make that he is afterward. It’s only 2 days away before we learn the truth anyway.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I just came upon this.

https://gamerant.com/banjo-kazooie-e3-2019/

Watch its just a sequel to Nuts & Bolts. ;P
Microsoft isn’t stupid. They‘re aware of the poor reception Nuts and Bolts got, and they’re aware that most of the fan base nowadays is people who have nostalgia for the old games.

If there is a new game, it’ll either be a proper Banjo-Threeie, or a remake of Banjo-Kazooie (maybe a bundle with Tooie).
I’d prefer the latter, seeing as the most of the original team isn’t at Rare any more, and modern Rare doesn’t have experience making a Banjo game. Maybe remaking the original(s) will help them understand what made the first two beloved, so they’re better prepared to make Banjo-Threeie later down the line.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I feel like a lot of people would be upset if Banjo has his nuts and bolts design in a new game.

The real question is, realistic bear noises when?
:p

D

Deleted member

Scoliosis Jones is absolutely right by the way. Just wanted to throw that out there.
Oh so now these smashboards users with "sources" and "actual reliable info that's more trustworthy then frankly nonsensical arguments" think they can talk down to us common men? We need the revolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Frankly there's no reason to believe Vergeben's info is suddenly less credible or requires a reset just because it's DLC now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I feel like a lot of people would be upset if Banjo has his nuts and bolts design in a new game.

The real question is, realistic bear noises when?
:p
Unless they can fit some bear noises among his various moveset where his regular voice doesn't work, never.

Joking aside, there's no question his original design is more popular.

That said, people are way overstating Nuts & Bolts' hatred. it wasn't even a bad seller. It did fine. People just didn't think it fit the BK franchise, but it overall got decent reception quality-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom