• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Completely unrelated to anything speculation related, anybody else think that Smash Ball/Fake Smash Ball light was really cool? I'd totally buy a smaller version of it.
That's actually what Sakurai was referring to when he mentioned what he's been working on all along. We actually saw Brave last night.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
just 18 hours ago, banjo and erdrick fanbases were united as e3 reveal buddies

now sakurai, at the last minute, has turned them against each other and left them to claw at their throats for the final 48 hours

1560103290541.png

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Bayo and Corrin were made after the ballet and iirc that was liked 4-6 months. The typical time for development. There should be no reason Erdrick would take 3 months longer and then even more if he’s not at E3. Also I doubt Sakurai is going to sit on Erdrick or any character for toovlong once they are done. Especially since if I had to guess square would logically get a say in when to reveal him since Sakurai works closely with developers. Which the best time for square to choose would be E3.
We don't really know what happens behind the scenes when it comes to creating characters. Maybe Erdrick has some crazy mechanic they couldn't get right that caused them to need extra time. If Erdrick is done, maybe his release is just getting delayed because they want to pace out the reveals. We can't really use assumptions of what happens behind the scenes as evidence something can't happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
These are both pretty much my thoughts on the matter. Verge may have been right (mostly, barring the Minecraft content claims and Echo Isabelle) for the base game but when it came to DLC they blew it, being adamant about one of either Erdrick, Sora (shot down by the French PR statement), Sephiroth (unlikely due to FF7 still having only 2 tracks; UNLESS he were individual like :ultpiranha:), Geno, Crono, or Slime at the VGAs. And well, that didn’t happen thanks to this guy: :ultjoker:

As for Star Fox Grand Prix, that was PROBABLY just the Switch exclusive Star Fox content in the Switch version of Starlink. or it could ACTUALLY be a new F-Zero at long last let me dream

So yeah, I’m probably not believing any leaker for DLC unless it can be verifiably backed up a la ESRB/Roy and Ryu/Ken.
It’s possible star fox was because of star link but I don’t know. If it did come from that i doubt the leaker saw footage as that game was a year away at that point. They might have heard the concept though and ran with it, but I think starlink was ultimately a coincidence.
Yall think Sword and Shield would pull the "hurr durr lets give opponents only two pokemon" like Lets go?
Well your first rival battle gives him two Pokémon, so I’d say the odds are difficulty will be higher, meaning there will likely be more than two Pokémon on someone’s team. Game freak seems to really want to please fans this time

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Erdrick did not originate from Vergeben.

He’s simply the only person who has flat out said it, as he normally is with leaked information.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Microsoft’s presentation may have some heavy hitter third party announcements like it did last year, even more so since Sony ain’t at E3 this time (lul)

Dude I was SO hype with Devil May Cry 5 and Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition. Hoping they have some similar heavy hitters from any third party that doesn’t have their own dedicated presentation; I expect Cyberpunk 2077 and Tales of Arise at the bare minimum

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Please say Elma’s in Smash Sabi. Please say Elma PLEASE SAY ELMA ;-;

What else has Sabi leaked that came true tho? Wanna know her track record

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Please say Elma’s in Smash Sabi. Please say Elma PLEASE SAY ELMA ;-;

What else has Sabi leaked that came true tho? Wanna know her track record
The way I see things now. Sabi's pretty much the new VergeBen!

Our lord! Our savior! Our one true end of it all!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

He’s simply the only person who has flat out said it, as he normally is with leaked information.
Then who?

Because from what I remember verge started spouting about a square rep and was to scared to say names. They come November he had that whole seven names things where he said he believe it was Erdrick.

I don’t recall anyone saying anything else first. The other rumors at the time were for Steve and katalina and that’s it

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

I t doesn't matter who he originated from. At this point? He makes the least bit of sense with things SAID.

Tansuit literally said ''No reveal soon. Work barely started." in December. He mentioned him prior to this as well.

That means Erdrick has been in the works for 6 months now. 6 months with barely anything as an official tease. Something we know both Nintendo and Square have no problem doing thanks to past characters and Cloud.

He had a rolled out carpet in a direct for his series to straight up give a teaser trailer moment or model teaser moment in Feburary.

Why hold him any further than 6 months later? Why hold something that will make both these companies money? There is none. ''For Japan."

No, Japan's not gonna care when and where he's revealed. They'll hear about it and gobble it up so fast no matter when it happens.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm don't believe in Vergeben.
I said this elsewhere but it's worth saying here.

Vergeben being accurate about pre-release information does not make them accurate about DLC.

In essence, Vergeben's credibility has reset, just like every other leaker.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
just 18 hours ago, banjo and erdrick fanbases were united as e3 reveal buddies

now sakurai, at the last minute, has turned them against each other and left them to claw at their throats for the final 48 hours

View attachment 226814
48 more hours of war
Followed by 48 minutes of expectation
Leading to 48 days of carnage

D

Deleted member

I'm going to be honest here, people are free to believe what they want. The whole Erdrick is leakbait has been a dead horse for a while and to be honest it just seems more like a wish rather than something concrete as a lot of **** could be applied to BK (and even moreso as the current speculation regarding them seems like a wishlist as well). SE is not immune to leaks and leakers get info right and wrong all the time if they even get info (Plus given the stuff that has been talked in this thread before, I will trust on the people telling me about this rather than make faulty conclusions)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Question: What does the word "jack" has to do with Joker (as in is he called Jack in Persona or whatever)?
3 possibilities;

It's a reference to "jack of all trades", playing cards, or Jack Frost.

Any of these are possible. We don't actually know exactly what it is at this point.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I t doesn't matter who he originated from. At this point? He makes the least bit of sense with things SAID.

Tansuit literally said ''No reveal soon. Work barely started." in December. He mentioned him prior to this as well.

That means Erdrick has been in the works for 6 months now. 6 months with barely anything as an official tease. Something we know both Nintendo and Square have no problem doing thanks to past characters and Cloud.

He had a rolled out carpet in a direct for his series to straight up give a teaser trailer moment or model teaser moment in Feburary.

Why hold him any further than 6 months later? Why hold something that will make both these companies money? There is none. ''For Japan."

No, Japan's not gonna care when and where he's revealed. They'll hear about it and gobble it up so fast no matter when it happens.
Maybe they haven’t revealed him because he wasn’t ready, or they have a reason to hold him back.

There’s nothing that says he isn’t in. Saying otherwise is pure speculation. I’ve already covered why there’s no reason to doubt him yet, but as soon as there is I would probably be with you guys.
Then who?

Because from what I remember verge started spouting about a square rep and was to scared to say names. They come November he had that whole seven names things where he said he believe it was Erdrick.

I don’t recall anyone saying anything else first. The other rumors at the time were for Steve and katalina and that’s it
Verg is not an original leaker. As in, he gets the information second hand, or from other sources in order to gain credibility

That would shoot his credibility in the foot, if it weren’t for the fact that several other people behind the scenes have gotten the same stuff.

If people are believing the word of leakers on Banjo, then not believing the word of leakers for Erdrick is hypocritical. Period.

If I personally get reason to doubt Erdrick I would say something. But there’s no reason to doubt him at this point besides personal speculation.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey guys say these three options happen. How would you react to the news?

Option 1: Its announced not only Banjo makes the cut into Smash but its announced Nintendo has bought the rights back to the franchise.

Option 2: Banjo doesn't make it into Smash but its announced Nintendo has bought the rights back to the franchise.

Option 3: Steve or Erdrick makes it into Smash but its announced Nintendo has bought the rights back to Banjo and the franchise.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm going to be honest here, people are free to believe what they want. The whole Erdrick is leakbait has been a dead horse for a while and to be honest it just seems more like a wish rather than something concrete as a lot of **** could be applied to BK (and even moreso as the current speculation regarding them seems like a wishlist as well). SE is not immune to leaks and leakers get info right and wrong all the time if they even get info (Plus given the stuff that has been talked in this thread before, I will trust on the people telling me about this rather than make faulty conclusions)
I don’t think Erdrick is leak bait. I just thing the source learned the wrong thing or jumped to the wrong conclusion, etc. I don’t think square is just going around making him bait.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As I may have once mentioned, I believe the DLC development process is different from the base game development; maybe they’re keeping things under tighter wraps and/or throwing out false info to rat out leakers.

Sakurai probably even named the second DLC character Brave in the code just to cause mass speculation given “Jack” being Joker. But also, note that PP is nicknamed Packun, its Japanese name (Packun Flower) in the code. If Erdrick truly was Brave, wouldn’t his codename be literally Yuusha instead? That’s what his class is written as in Japan

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Banjo is leakbait and Erdrick is leakbait. But, supposedly both are in somehow...

Which means leakbait is DLC...

Oh God, the next 2 DLC fighters are Incineroar 2 and Incineroar 3.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
He's not ready 6 months later? A reason to hold back making money? The other theory is promotion for DQ coming to Switch. That makes little sense as well.

A promotion character can be released before the game and still increase sales of the game.

If Erdrick was giving problems in development 6 months later. I'd wager that Sakurai would cut his loses and just move on to a new character that was easier to develop at that point. He and Square would most likely go back to the drawing board, etc.

But even that makes no sense. What could be problematic about any of the potential that he has that would take them 6 months or more to complete him?

I just don't see how you guys still think if he's not revealed Tuesday. He's this super likely occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom