• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not quite sure. I remember reading about that possible mix up, I think it was Verge saying it himself, though with a quick lookup, I can't seem to find a post from him himself, just people claiming that was the mix up. So perhaps I mixed that up. :lol:

EDIT:
Perhaps I was thinking of this one, though he doesn't mention specifics.
Honestly, I doubt that they would mix up a MC boss with Rathalos. We could be getting something from MC even without Steve, after all Rathalos is the only MH boss appearing and after checking they could also go with Wither as a boss.
Completely unrelated to anything speculation related, anybody else think that Smash Ball/Fake Smash Ball light was really cool? I'd totally buy a smaller version of it.
Just imagine if the announcement was that they are going to put smash ball lamps on sale.

D

Deleted member

Erdrick fits Brave far more than Banjo.
Also like I said, retweets and tweets may be something, but it could also hold no weight.
What if this is just a new Banjo game?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Also like I said, retweets and tweets may be something, but it could also hold no weight.
better yet, what if shinobi just made a poorly-worded post and retweeted smash news he was excited about?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I have three conferences to watch today. And 3 videos to edit and post. Then 3 more tomorrow. Then the Nintendo direct. Oooooo boy this is gonna be fun. It does feel kind of weird that Microsoft is first tbh. Like, aside from Nintendo, that’s the direct with the most potential IMO.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
All of you overestimate insiders way too much.
Underestimating insiders led to the Grinch fiasco, and there's the potential of overcompensating after that. For all we know, this could be the anti-Grinch where the insiders are wrong. Though, without anything else substantial, the rumors are all we have.

D

Deleted member

I think if there was any confusion it would've been cleared up by now, but everyone who's commented on the rumors and leaks is saying that it points to Banjo in Smash and I honestly don't see any reason to doubt that. We're just waiting to find out if they hold any water or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Microsoft's conference is gonna start very soon. I'm excited to see details about the Master Chief Collection getting ported and the Battletoads game. What are you all excited about?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Shinobi is an admin at ResetEra. You can say one good thing about ResetEra. They don't take kindly to fake **** around there.

He'd risk his admin status, his membership on the forum, and his pristine reputation to ''speculate"?

Doubtful.

D

Deleted member

Shinobi is an admin at ResetEra. You can say one good thing about ResetEra. They don't take kindly to fake **** around there.

He'd risk his admin status, his membership on the forum, and his pristine reputation to ''speculate"?

Doubtful.
I thought he worked for a Banjo game or something like that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Y’all have heard about Minecraft texture packs... but what about Minecraft music packs?

When I’m in a cave and a Creeper is right around the corner, I wanna hear Last Suprise.
When I find a sand temple, I wanna hear When Mother Was There.
When I’m fighting the Ender Dragon, I wanna hear Life Will Change.
When I’m at my base, I wanna hear Beneath The Mask.

Microsoft please. /s

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Doubtful.
But not impossible. :demon:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean nothing is impossible, but at this point a lot of it just seems like ya'll just don't want him to be right for some reasoning of your own.
It's moreso because we've been burned before after things were seeming really good for a character. The Chorus Kids, the Rayman leak, the Grinch leak - just better to play it safe and assume anything could happen.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I mean nothing is impossible, but at this point a lot of it just seems like ya'll just don't want him to be right for some reasoning of your own.
It's not that we want him to be wrong, it's just that there is the possibility that Shinobi might be wrong. Remember that this happened in Neogaf before, which was the predecessor of Resetera. A credible leaker made a huge leak that turned out to be wrong and he got kicked from the site, if it happened before then it can happen again.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Personally I’ll still doubt Erdrick and vergeben if we get banjo as the next reveal and he’s somehow brave.

Verge has gotten nothing right for DLC. He also backed hitagi who said no Altus reps and well we know how that turned out. Not to mention backing the Steve and katalina rumors saying their trust that persons sources and could see t happen.

He was clearly trying to bandwagon there and we see him doing the same thing this time with banjo. It’s way to opportunistic that he only started supporting banjo when all these other rumors came out from credible sources. When up until now all he said was Minecraft, Minecraft, Minecraft. Him magically receiving banjo information only when banjo leaks were getting big is way to suspicious to me.

As for Erdrick, again if he’s not at E3 his chances imo drop significantly. We”be heard a square rep rumor since October. That’s 9 months ago. If we haven’t seen a character that’s been rumored since that time, then I just don’t see it happening.

It’s like star fox Grand Prix, it “leaked” and everyone said it had to be at E3. It wasn’t which proved that leak wrong then and there but people held it hope. Months went by and still nothing. It was obvious that it wasn’t coming. And when Erdrick is supposedly in this game because they want to boost popularity, his best exposure would come from E3. So if he’s not there he loses some attention even if by just being a fighter he would get some.

Lastly Erdrick originates from vergeben. After that like Incenroar it felt like everyone was copy cating. Which granted Incenroar was in but we saw him much sooner after his rumors circulated. Maybe there is proof behind the scenes for Erdrick but I think most people just agreed with it because of vergeben. Regardless imo I think Erdrick is just another Steve. A character that was wrong information that just spread like wildfire. I can easily be wrong, but i figures I would stage my thoughts on the matter.

EDIT: also for the record I hold be same thoughts on banjo. If he isn’t at E3 it’s very likely the information for him was incorrect as most of it stems from E3 related merchandise. Which if banjo isn’t in I think this contributed to the rumors.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, I don't get this ''Erdrick is totally in the game. Work has barely started on him." in October/December.

People expect him at Tokyo Game Show/September.

Which means he either took a WHOLE year to complete himself or they just sat on a completed character for no real reason other than ''timing." that could make them money.

Characters take a while to complete, sure, but knowing one is in the works for almost a year before they are released? Sorry. Very unlikely.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally I’ll still doubt Erdrick and vergeben if we get banjo as the next reveal and he’s somehow brave.

Verge has gotten nothing right for DLC. He also backed hitagi who said no Altus reps and well we know how that turned out. Not to mention backing the Steve and katalina rumors saying their trust that persons sources and could see t happen.

He was clearly trying to bandwagon there and we see him doing the same thing this time with banjo. It’s way to opportunistic that he only started supporting banjo when all these other rumors came out from credible sources. When up until now all he said was Minecraft, Minecraft, Minecraft. Him magically receiving banjo information only when banjo leaks were getting big is way to suspicious to me.

As for Erdrick, again if he’s not at E3 his chances imo drop significantly. We”be heard a square rep rumor since October. That’s 9 months ago. If we haven’t seen a character that’s been rumored since that time, then I just don’t see it happening.

It’s like star fox Grand Prix, it “leaked” and everyone said it had to be at E3. It wasn’t which proved that leak wrong then and there but people held it hope. Months went by and still nothing. It was obvious that it wasn’t coming. And when Erdrick is supposedly in this game because they want to boost popularity, his best exposure would come from E3. So if he’s not there he loses some attention even if by just being a fighter he would get some.

Lastly Erdrick originates from vergeben. After that like Incenroar it felt like everyone was copy cating. Which granted Incenroar was in but we saw him much sooner after his rumors circulated. Maybe there is proof behind the scenes for Erdrick but I think most people just agreed with it because of vergeben. Regardless imo I think Erdrick is just another Steve. A character that was wrong information that just spread like wildfire. I can easily be wrong, but i figures I would stage my thoughts on the matter.
But apparently given that VergeBen is now saying Banjo must also mean he's wrong about him as well given he was only spot-on with Base.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't get this ''Erdrick is totally in the game. Work has barely started on him." in October/December.

Which means he either took a WHOLE year to complete himself or they just sat on a completed character for no real reason other than ''timing." that could make them money.

Characters take a while to complete, sure, but knowing a one is in the works for almost a year before they are released? Sorry. Very unlikely.
It does take awhile to complete a character though. And sometimes companies do just sit on characters for awhile... look at NRS for example, they've got data in the MK11 files for KP2 and they haven't even finished revealing the first kombat pack yet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But apparently given that VergeBen is now saying Banjo must also mean he's wrong about him as well given he was only spot-on with Base.
Which I said he can just as easily be wrong. He’s piggybacking that’s all there is to it.

He could tell me Geno is in and I still wouldn’t buy it. Dlc and base are different. A source can be right for the base game but get DLC wrong. Or maybe it’s a different source and they are wrong, etc. regardless it’s just as easy for any insider to be right as it is wrong. All it takes is one bad source.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It does take awhile to complete a character though. And sometimes companies do just sit on characters for awhile... look at NRS for example, they've got data in the MK11 files for KP2 and they haven't even finished revealing the first kombat pack yet.
Bayo and Corrin were made after the ballet and iirc that was liked 4-6 months. The typical time for development. There should be no reason Erdrick would take 3 months longer and then even more if he’s not at E3. Also I doubt Sakurai is going to sit on Erdrick or any character for toovlong once they are done. Especially since if I had to guess square would logically get a say in when to reveal him since Sakurai works closely with developers. Which the best time for square to choose would be E3.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

EDIT: also for the record I hold be same thoughts on banjo. If he isn’t at E3 it’s very likely the information for him was incorrect as most of it stems from E3 related merchandise. Which if banjo isn’t in I think this contributed to the rumors.

Characters take a while to complete, sure, but knowing one is in the works for almost a year before they are released? Sorry. Very unlikely.
These are both pretty much my thoughts on the matter. Verge may have been right (mostly, barring the Minecraft content claims and Echo Isabelle) for the base game but when it came to DLC they blew it, being adamant about one of either Erdrick, Sora (shot down by the French PR statement), Sephiroth (unlikely due to FF7 still having only 2 tracks; UNLESS he were individual like :ultpiranha:), Geno, Crono, or Slime at the VGAs. And well, that didn’t happen thanks to this guy: :ultjoker:

As for Star Fox Grand Prix, that was PROBABLY just the Switch exclusive Star Fox content in the Switch version of Starlink. or it could ACTUALLY be a new F-Zero at long last let me dream

So yeah, I’m probably not believing any leaker for DLC unless it can be verifiably backed up a la ESRB/Roy and Ryu/Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom