• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My Halloween costume will be a Skrull disguised as someone from the Canary Islands.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You assuming that all Halloween creatures have the same taste in food just because of their species?
Well, this is assuming each kind of creature shares a liked dish. I probably should have worded this better, but hey...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't worry, I'll always be known as "the person who tries to make anime Dorothy into a meme".
Oh yeah, you're THAT guy! I forgot you changed your avatar.

I change mine fairly often, so I'm not sure which one people associate me with the most.

D

Deleted member

This is obviously not gonna happen but wouldn’t it be funny if challenger pack 5 were to be a spirit character? That would be like the most unexpected character in the pass like joker lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah but I'm pretty sure blood-sucking falls under the categories of "aggravated assault" and "attempted/1st degree murder" so I'm gonna stray away from that
And unless becoming a vampire suddenly gives me a complete lack of empathy I wouldn't be comfortable turning people into thralls/vampires against their will.
Not sure how I feel about turning other people into vampires. If it's not consensual, it feels wrong. I like Tom's solution more

Mmmm. Delicious legal quantities.
Dude. It's 2019 and we have the internet. You wouldn't be for lack of willing volunteers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dude. It's 2019 and we have the internet. You wouldn't be for lack of willing volunteers.
Well then that lead into a potential problem in the coming years. Let's say it's 2019 and I am the only vampire in the world. I make 3 vampires in the span of a year. Now there are 4 vampires in 2020. We stick to a rule of four people per year. Now there are 16 vampires in 2021. Then 64 vampires in 2022. By 2024, we'll have 1024 vampires. You see the rapid growth right? 2029 will lead to a million vampires, and that number can grow.

Now it's not a perfect hypothetical, but you bet your ass there is going to be a huge conflict over this between humans and vampires if I just allow exponential growth like this. Not only can some vampires not follow the rules and presumably just hunt end up being psychopaths, we also got a question of how does society accommodate for the rapid vampire growth. And no, I am not for enslaving/destroying humanity.
  1. Vampires need a blood source right? We run into a potential dilemma of hunting all life to extinction before the turn of the century.
  2. That's ****ed up.
Like let's not pretend being a vampire doesn't forgive us of some responsibility. A war is most likely going to break out at some point if vampires just hunt till their hearts content.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well then that lead into a potential problem in the coming years. Let's say it's 2019 and I am the only vampire in the world. I make 3 vampires in the span of a year. Now there are 4 vampires in 2020. We stick to a rule of four people per year. Now there are 16 vampires in 2021. Then 64 vampires in 2022. By 2024, we'll have 1024 vampires. You see the rapid growth right? 2029 will lead to a million vampires, and that number can grow.

Now it's not a perfect hypothetical, but you bet your *** there is going to be a huge conflict over this between humans and vampires if I just allow exponential growth like this. Not only can some vampires not follow the rules and presumably just hunt end up being psychopaths, we also got a question of how does society accommodate for the rapid vampire growth. And no, I am not for enslaving/destroying humanity.
  1. Vampires need a blood source right? We run into a potential dilemma of hunting all life to extinction before the turn of the century.
  2. That's ****ed up.
Like let's not pretend being a vampire doesn't forgive us of some responsibility. A war is most likely going to break out at some point if vampires just hunt till their hearts content.
I see what you mean.

After all, vampires probably think, "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

Sorry, I just had to.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well then that lead into a potential problem in the coming years. Let's say it's 2019 and I am the only vampire in the world. I make 3 vampires in the span of a year. Now there 4 vampires in 2020. We stick to a rule of four people per year. Now there are 16 vampires in 2021. Then 64 vampires in 2022. By 2024, we'll have 1024 vampires. You see the rapid growth right? 2029 will lead to a million vampires, and that number can grow.

Now it's not a perfect hypothetical, but you bet your *** there is going to be a huge conflict over this between humans and vampires if I just allow exponential growth like this. Not only can some vampires not follow the rules and presumably just hunt end up being psychopaths, we also got a question of how does society accommodate for the rapid vampire growth. And no, I am not for enslaving/destroying humanity.
  2. That's ****ed up.
Like let's not pretend being a vampire doesn't forgive us of some responsibility. A war is most likely going to break out at some point if we just hunt till our hearts content.
Well, you can also drink animal blood. You could use livestock and kill them with wooden stakes after you drain them so we don't have vampire cows.

Also, fresh vampires need to feed a couple of times a week. You'd starve to death if you only fed 3 times in a year. There is the added bonus that the older you get the left often you need to feed, which is how Dracula gets away with waiting so long between meals. It's cause he's super old.

Gotta say, a vampire human war would make for an interesting movie. But not the kind you see in modern movies where the vampires have everything but the bloodsucking and sunlight taken away. I mean like, classical vampires. With all the sorcery and shape shifting it entails.

D

Deleted member

Well, you can also drink animal blood. You could use livestock and kill them with wooden stakes after you drain them so we don't have vampire cows.

Also, fresh vampires need to feed a couple of times a week. You'd starve to death if you only fed 3 times in a year. There is the added bonus that the older you get the left often you need to feed, which is how Dracula gets away with waiting so long between meals. It's cause he's super old.

Gotta say, a vampire human war would make for an interesting movie. But not the kind you see in modern movies where the vampires have everything but the bloodsucking and sunlight taken away. I mean like, classical vampires. With all the sorcery and shape shifting it entails.
You see my point right? If I were a vampire, it would be irresponsible of me to turn other people into vampires as that would bring long term societal consequences. Also I'd rather not terrorize farmers by reducing their livestock by considerable numbers. They already have it rough as is.

Like I get the allure of the fantasy of it all, but it's not something to be taken lightly when applied seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You see my point right? If I were a vampire, it would be irresponsible of me to turn other people into vampires as that would bring long term societal consequences. Also I'd rather not terrorize farmers by reducing their livestock by considerable numbers. They already have it rough as is.

Like I get the allure of the fantasy of it all, but it's not something to be taken lightly when applied seriously.
So you'd rather work at a blood bank or something, I guess?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
...I thought you had the list. ._.;

I can't remember, to be honest. But I can give you some new options. Fulgore(Killer Instinct), Brian(Quest 64), Psycho Red(Power Rangers), Blood Falcon(F-Zero), Metal Mario(Super Smash Bros. version of your choice, not the original Smash 64 model though).
I meant to save it but with how I never bothered to ask other users for tributes f, I think I had forgotten to save the tributes that were requested by that point. My mistake, my apologies...

I could either go with any combination of those or go back and see if I can find your original post.

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms So, besides me, can you add Banjo and Morgana?
Can do, but I need one more tribute from you to fill out your District.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

You'd obviously have a deal with the farmers. After all, you've got a growing population to feed.

At this point I'm just scripting a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom