• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Anyways, I'm glad my boy Luigi is in the top 10. I bet if he could see himself in the top 5 for most popular Nintendo characters he'd probably cry.

Granted, these numbers are still low as no poll can ever be truly indicative of the world's opinions but still.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Unless your Blade or Dio, most vampires are kind of lame. If you were a werewolf, at least you can go out in the sun as normal person, then fight crime at night. ****, learn some marital arts and you're basically Jon Talbain or Sabrewulf.

Or be a Mummy, if only for the sick bandages + Egyptian armor combo.

Fighter five is another street fighter character how would you react?
Chun-Li or Akuma? WE MOVE!

Anyone else? Neat I guess.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Leona is a big *** reference to weeb ****, specifically, MY kind of weeb ****.

I mean, it's your Halloween costume
I just like a woman that can kick ass and got some MOOSCLES.

In case some of my OC didn't spill the beans by now.

Also, it ain't no costume, I really became a skeleton with a beautiful mustache, just ask my grandfather working at Sega...

Wait.

Btw, I looked more at Distant Kingdom's controversy.

And holy hell, it's worse than I thought.

He really lost it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Unless your Blade or Dio, most vampires are kind of lame. If you were a werewolf, at least you can go out in the sun as normal person, then fight crime at night. ****, learn some marital arts and you're basically Jon Talbain or Sabrewulf.

Or be a Mummy, if only for the sick bandages + Egyptian armor combo.

Chun-Li or Akuma? WE MOVE!

Anyone else? Neat I guess.
Dude. Vampires are amazing. You never age, all that cool magic, drinking blood. Who could ask for more?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just like a woman that can kick *** and got some MOOSCLES.

In case some of my OC didn't spill the beans by now.

Also, it ain't no costume, I really became a skeleton with a beautiful mustache, just ask my grandfather working at Sega...

Wait.

Btw, I looked more at Distant Kingdom's controversy.

And holy hell, it's worse than I thought.

He really lost it.
Ok but she also does the Power Rangers and Kamen Rider **** alongside some Jojo references

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I used to ironically love Sonic, with its silly characters and dumb memes.

Now I think I just love Sonic.
I have a soft spot for Sonic in my heart. Here's hoping the next Sonic game is fun or enjoyable. Good thing most of the games qualify there.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ok but she also does the Power Rangers and Kamen Rider **** alongside some Jojo references
Speaking of Jojo reference.

I still find it really funny that Stroheim, a crazy Nazi, is the one that influnced Guile, the most well-know American fighting game there is, who is quit stoic in general.

And that's not to go over other Capcom characters who were cleary inspired by Jojo, like Donovan or Rose.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dude. Vampires are amazing. You never age, all that cool magic, drinking blood. Who could ask for more?
Being able to go out in the sun. Being able to look in mirrors. Being able to eat/drink more than 1 thing. Being able to eat Garlic Bread every so often. Not get hurt by merely looking at the Cross.

Blade can go out in the sun and can eat Garlic. Dio has a Stand that let's him stop time. Thus they are better than most other lame vampires.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Being able to go out in the sun. Being able to look in mirrors. Being able to eat/drink more than 1 thing. Being able to eat Garlic Bread every so often. Not get hurt by merely looking at the Cross.

Blade can go out in the sun and can eat Garlic. Dio has a Stand that let's him stop time. Thus they are better than most other lame vampires.
OK but Hellsing Alucard tho.

He basically has none of the typical vampire weakness & is more a eldtritch abomination than a vampire.

StormC

Smash Hero
It is unbearably hot and dry these last few days. October in California is miserable.

Went to a Netflix press screening for a documentary about the fires last year. Truly horrific.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I used to ironically love Sonic, with its silly characters and dumb memes.

Now I think I just love Sonic.
That's great.

The Sonic series definitely has its share of quality games hidden within the garbage releases. The Genesis trilogy, Sonic CD, Adventure 1&2, the Rush series, Colors, Generations, and Mania are all fantastic platformers.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of Jojo reference.

I still find it really funny that Stroheim, a crazy Nazi, is the one that influnced Guile, the most well-know American fighting game there is, who is quit stoic in general.

And that's not to go over other Capcom characters who were cleary inspired by Jojo, like Donovan or Rose.
I'm confused as to why Dhalsim wasn't your example with Zoom Punch

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm confused as to why Dhalsim wasn't your example with Zoom Punch
And I'm confused why you didn't bring up Juri being inspired by Jolyne.

All this confusion tell me it's time I go to sleep.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I hate the sun. Mirrors are overrated. They can eat whatever they want, they just don't get nutrition from it. Garlic would be a real problem though. It's delicious. Plus, I'm an atheist so I have no reason to ever even see a cross.

Dracula from castlevania can shape-shift and do all kinds of warlock magic. That is so cool and so much more vampire then Blade or Dio (heck, I didn't even know Dio or Blade were vampires until I was told. I'd never watched any of their media, just saw pictures).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Benimaru is pretty much Polnareff design wise, one of his outfits is literally the same. And Ryo's color scheme reminds me too much of Goku.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming any of you have NetFlix. One movie you should watch on Halloween is The Ritual. Scary movie as **** and first one in a long time that actually made me jump a few times let alone scared.

Creature is also creepy and scary too.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hate the sun. Mirrors are overrated. They can eat whatever they want, they just don't get nutrition from it. Garlic would be a real problem though. It's delicious. Plus, I'm an atheist so I have no reason to ever even see a cross.

Dracula from castlevania can shape-shift and do all kinds of warlock magic. That is so cool and so much more vampire then Blade or Dio (heck, I didn't even know Dio or Blade were vampires until I was told. I'd never watched any of their media, just saw pictures).
It doesn't matter what faith you have or don't have, merely looking at a Cross would still hurt. A person you'd try to eat could have a cross on their neck and you'd get bodied. If you can't nutrition from eating something, there's literally no point in eating, even the most unhealthy food can do that bare minimum. If you hate the sun, you're weird. Mirrors are useful for looking fresh.

95% of vampires aren't cool to me. Most other movie monsters either have less weaknesses or cooler designs.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I mean, if this SnakeFighter kid was a VtM vampire or summat, somebody with a cross would have to have some serious True Faith to even irritate them with it.

c'mon Knight it's all a matter of context

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It doesn't matter what faith you have or don't have, merely looking at a Cross would still hurt. A person you'd try to eat could have a cross on their neck and you'd get bodied. If you can't nutrition from eating something, there's literally no point in eating, even the most unhealthy food can do that bare minimum. If you hate the sun, you're weird. Mirrors are useful for looking fresh.

95% of vampires aren't cool to me. Most other movie monsters either have less weaknesses or cooler designs.
You really don't see any value in eating for pleasure alone? The act of consuming something and tasting it's flavors without having to worry about it making me fat is literally my dream.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Just be a half-breed like Alucard.

All the benefits! None of the drawbacks!

trevor vs alucard.gif

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, if this SnakeFighter kid was a VtM vampire or summat, somebody with a cross would have to have some serious True Faith to even irritate them with it.

c'mon Knight it's all a matter of context

Smooth Criminal
I'm 20 years old, legally 21. I'm not a kid.

View attachment 243584
I hate halfbreeds and daywalkers and all that kind of stuff. It just feels like cheating.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it, the Castlevania series plays up Mathias as the Devil far more than they play him up as a vampire, or at least in later games they do. I don’t think he’s ever actually drunk somebody’s blood across the entire franchise, but one of his signature moves is stealing and consuming souls. Even his super forms generally tend to be more hellish monster than vaguely bat-like creature as you’d expect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Being a vampire would be cool if I didn't have to eat humans and could walk out in the sun. Sunlight is awesome. My cousin has garlic allergies so I can ask her for advice on that front.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Vampires weakness really depend of the story or even the characters.

Sometime a vampire is really crippled by them, and others, it mean little or it's even a joke. (see Dimitri from Darkstalkers or Alucard from Hellsing as exemples)

That, and vampires can have alot of different powers too to compensate for their problems, so really, it's just a question of taste at that point.

With that said, time to go for the night, have a good time here folks.
AbandonThread.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Vampires weakness really depend of the story or even the characters.

Sometime a vampire is really crippled by them, and others, it mean little or it's even a joke. (see Dimitri from Darkstalkers or Alucard from Hellsing as exemples)

That, and vampires can have alot of different powers too to compensate for their problems, so really, it's just a question of taste at that point.

With that said, time to go for the night, have a good time here folks.
View attachment 243586
So what you're saying is we should all be Twilight vampires.

D

Deleted member

I got about thirteen years on you. Also, chillax. I'd probably call Knight a kid too if I were so inclined. Probably call everybody a kid in this thread at some point.
Look, kid, I agree. Kid is such a common thing to call someone.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So what you're saying is we should all be Twilight vampires.
I knew I should have adressed that point in my previous post.

ah, **** it, ain't my fault if you go all sparky and stuff.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You really don't see any value in eating for pleasure alone? The act of consuming something and tasting it's flavors without having to worry about it making me fat is literally my dream.
But you'd still be hungry.

Which is why I mentioned Eric "Some Mother****as always try to ice-skate uphill" Brooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom