• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm looking at Tale of Symphonia videso, and now I'm very torn about who between Lloyd & KOS-MOS I want to get in Smash.

Argghhhhh, if only one getting in didn't mean the other had no chance....or that both aren't guaranted to make it. :/
I mean. Technically it doesn’t. There’s no rule that Namco can only have one character in the entire dlc run.

D

Deleted member

After having some deep and huge political debates with my mother regarding my birthday, I finally convinced him to pick me something for my birthday instead of leaving me without any birthday gift due to my father’s Amazon purchase arriving in November and my friends literally fearing to give me anything for the day thanks to her claims of us “being too old for gifts” (these ignoring Mario Tennis Aces which was given to me by a Papagenos mod and my mother still doesn’t know about’.

What she bought me was Medievil PS4, because the game was everywhere 1€ cheaper than Ghostbusters Remastered Switch.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean. Technically it doesn’t. There’s no rule that Namco can only have one character in the entire dlc run.
Two JRPG characters after we got already 2? And both come from Namco?

Nah, as much as I like to be positif, it's either one or neither, 'cuz getting only JRPG characters ain't going to get lots of new peoples to get interested in Smash.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just bought myself three pairs of pants today.

It's been over 5 years since I've bought new clothes in general. So I'm feeling pretty good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I was at the mall today and they got calendars out for next year. Three have caught my eye. A wolf one, German shepherd one and dinosaur one. I like all three of them not sure which one I should buy eventually.

On one hand I love wolves. Beautiful majestic animals.

On the other hand I've lately been obsessed with German shepherds being my favorite dog breed.

Then on the other hand I've grown up loving dinosaurs and reptiles. Still do to this day.

Which do you guys think I should get?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Alright. I think I've done it. I've labbed my team of Terry, Love Heart, and Nakoruru out, it's time to finally go online and-

... there's nobody playing this game on PC.
There's nobody playing online in this game. There is not a single soul in team ranked or singles ranked. Nobody playing casual singles. Only one person playing casual teams and they for some reason kicked me out of their room so it must be exclusive. All this preparedness to not get my ass kicked. And nobody is playing this game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don’t think the genre really matters. KOS-MOS and Lloyd are very different characters.
I think it matters, marketing wise at least, that, and Lloyd & KOS-MOS aren't exactly the most popular characters out there (they got their fanbase, don't get me wrong, and Lloyd is more popular I say due to coming from a more successful franchise, and KOS-MOS did apparear in XB2 as a playable blade and it alot of crossover, but that's it)

Really, I just fear that if both get in, one will get all the attentions, while the others would be treated as a wasted slots for taking another character chance from a different companis/genre/etc.., which would really bother me as a fan of both Tales of Symphonia & the Xeno series as a whole.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it matters, marketing wise at least, that, and Lloyd & KOS-MOS aren't exactly the most popular characters out there (they got their fanbase, don't get me wrong, and Lloyd is more popular I say due to coming from a more successful franchise, and KOS-MOS did apparear in XB2 as a playable blade and it alot of crossover, but that's it)

Really, I just fear that if both get in, one will get all the attentions, while the others would be treated as a wasted slots for taking another character chance from a different companis/genre/etc.., which would really bother me as a fan of both Tales of Symphonia & the Xeno series as a whole.
God. There’s no such thing as waisted slots. And who cares if people call them that. As long as thy play well, then I say bring in whoever.

D

Deleted member

I went to my local spirit Halloween shop and got myself a Waldo costume. they’ll never find me. :smirk:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
God. There’s no such thing as waisted slots. And who cares if people call them that. As long as thy play well, then I say bring in whoever.
I agree with that actually, but frankly, the less backlash there is for the Ultimate DLC character, the more happy I be. 'cuz after Smash 4 DLC & this speculation cycle, salt is the last thing I want in my discussion, especially when it come to characters I really care about.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've never played Xenosaga or Tales, but if I were picking the character, I'd easily go with KOS-MOS. Weaponized robot waifu just sounds a lot more interesting than a dual swordsman.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Alright. I think I've done it. I've labbed my team of Terry, Love Heart, and Nakoruru out, it's time to finally go online and-

There's nobody playing online in this game. There is not a single soul in team ranked or singles ranked. Nobody playing casual singles. Only one person playing casual teams and they for some reason kicked me out of their room so it must be exclusive. All this preparedness to not get my *** kicked. And nobody is playing this game.

Glad you understand the state SNK fans were in for 5 or so years. It was a tough time.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Glad you understand the state SNK fans were in for 5 or so years. It was a tough time.
I just hope the next KoF gains more traction. Cause damn. This game, on PC anyway, is DEAD dead.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I agree with that actually, but frankly, the less backlash there is for the Ultimate DLC character, the more happy I be. 'cuz after Smash 4 DLC & this speculation cycle, salt is the last thing I want in my discussion, especially when it come to characters I really care about.
At this point. I don’t give two ****s what other people think. I just want more characters.
Ice cream is best in the winter because it's less likely to melt and it will keep your internal temperature closer to the external temperature, making you feel warmer.

At least I think so, I feel warm when I eat ice cream in the winter.
Yup. That’s how I feel too.

Plus, ice cream goes great with warm chocolatey desserts and apple pie. Things I associate more with winter and fall. When I want something cold in the summer, it’s usually fruit flavored.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
nintendo's 2019 most popular characters poll is lowkey the funniest case of extreme contrast

1572121489768.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
022.g1t.00.png

Well my my, I knew the Boar was popular, but at this point?

Dang, he might have more chance to make it as a DLC character than I thought, which is to say he went from 10% to.....hmmmmmmmmm, being generous here, 25%.

And if you ask where I got those numbers.
dracula talking head hand.gif

Blah blah blah blah blah really late here blah blah blah.

and that's how I got them.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
View attachment 243578
Well my my, I knew the Boar was popular, but at this point?

Dang, he might have more chance to make it as a DLC character than I thought, which is to say he went from 10% to.....hmmmmmmmmm, being generous here, 25%.

And if you ask where I got those numbers.
View attachment 243579
Blah blah blah blah blah really late here blah blah blah.

and that's how I got them.
big brain theory

learning from corrin's negative reception, nintendo's been holding off on a three houses character until they can gauge who will make them the most money

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

There's nobody playing online in this game. There is not a single soul in team ranked or singles ranked. Nobody playing casual singles. Only one person playing casual teams and they for some reason kicked me out of their room so it must be exclusive. All this preparedness to not get my *** kicked. And nobody is playing this game.

Can't get your ass kicked if there's nobody to kick your ass

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
big brain theory

learning from corrin's negative reception, nintendo's been holding off on a three houses character until they can gauge who will make them the most money
Galaxy Brain theory:

They are just going to fusion Dimitri & Edel to make the ultimate money maker.

And that's how it look like.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.jpg
Moooooooooooney shot.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Seeing a lord from Three Houses make it into the top 10 and it isn't Edelgard is pretty great.

It still should've been Claude, but eh, what are ya gonna do...
edelgard's extremely divisive (3rd most liked, 2nd most disliked in the same poll r/fireemblem held iirc) and if a three houses rep is added based on post-release popularity with fans i'd genuinely be a little surprised to see her

at this point, dimitri is the emerging popularity choice (though byleth remains the likeliest pick just for being byleth)

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Kirby reigning supreme, huh?

Well, it's the exact opposite in terms of Ultimate's tier list

Also feel like Dimitri will slip off the top 10 eventually

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Can't get your *** kicked if there's nobody to kick your ***
Yeah but I can't kick ass either if there's nobody's ass to kick. All those juicy combos I labbed, gone.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah but I can't kick *** either if there's nobody's *** to kick. All those juicy combos I labbed, gone.
Divine punishment from the Gods for not picking up Leona
edelgard's extremely divisive (3rd most liked, 2nd most disliked in the same poll r/fireemblem held iirc) and if a three houses rep is added based on post-release popularity with fans i'd genuinely be a little surprised to see her

at this point, dimitri is the emerging popularity choice (though byleth remains the likeliest pick just for being byleth)
Ok but hear me out Panda.

I miss my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom