• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Soo..Crash in smash. That will be pretty cool. I've been thinking about playing the n sane trilogy recently.

D

Deleted member

Wait did something happen while I was away for a couple hours? what's all this talk about Crash all of the sudden?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Wait did something happen while I was away for a couple hours? what's all this talk about Crash all of the sudden?
Leaker who correctly predicted some of the mii costume dlc and some other stuff says crash is fighter 5, also mallow costume but no geno costume.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Crash as fighter 5?

Can't say I'm surprised if it happens. After all, I did say before I consider Crash and Doom Slayer to be pretty likely for #5, and not just because of the color theory.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
After looking into it, they didn't call Sans so assuming the leak's real, they may have simply missed Geno's costume like with Sans
Hope not but if we get a Geno costume again they should make the head like the sans one where it's a whole mask and stuff.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm reserving judgment with Crash being in until I see something more convincing.

Also, while I disagree with what Blizzard did in terms of the Hearthstone player, I don't think it makes sense to be like, "They're going to scrap a character they already worked on!" That's not how any of that works. It's like the dude who thought a Resident Evil character wouldn't get in because of school shootings in the United States...

I also want to point out that PapaGeno's mentioned Ryu Hayabusa in the same video, and some folks are treating it as though one is more likely than the other when PapaGeno's didn't really seem to take a stance iirc. As I said, I would reserve judgment, until there's more information or other sources corroborate it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of we get Crash in Smash, that means Wakko Warner is Smash, so I’d be perfectly fine with it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If we get Crash, then Smash is effectively PSASBR 2, now with Nintendo and Microsoft characters!

D

Deleted member

Honestly, Crash is one of those characters I really wouldn't be interested in. If anything, It wouldn't really do anything for me other than "oh, that's neat, I guess. I'll pass on the Fighter's pass"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
PapaGenos is a great Youtuber, but his track record with leaks is just okay at best (and even then that might be too generous).

Not saying he's wrong, but I don't have the same level of confidence with him as I do with others.
Why do people still give Papagenos any thought? When was the last time he was even right? Like, I'm sorry but the dude doubled down hard on the Grinch leak, I'm more inclined to believe ****ing Miahstorm over him
How do peoples keep forgetting three important facts.

the first is that papa genos main source told him banjo way before anyone else fully knew he was in.

he didn’t back the grinch leak, he theorized how it could work based on the fact he knew banjo was in. He collaborated information with a hell of lot of leakers then so they could piece it together. At the end of the day they all agreed the lack of incenroar made no sense. He wasn’t a die hard grinch believe he was considering all possibilities and that’s it.

Lastly, did you all forget his god tier source if VR plant? The leaker whose never been wrong.
Genos track record is more then ok, it’s a relatively solid one, because he refuses to cover stuff without strong evidence behind them.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
crash gets a solid "not bad" from me

but I honestly kind of doubt this leak cause it feels like it's made to increase geno's chances and something about that just feels off to me

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How do peoples keep forgetting three important facts.

the first is that papa genos main source told him banjo way before anyone else fully knew he was in.

he didn’t back the grinch leak, he theorized how it could work based on the fact he knew banjo was in. He collaborated information with a hell of lot of leakers then so they could piece it together. At the end of the day they all agreed the lack of incenroar made no sense. He wasn’t a die hard grinch believe he was considering all possibilities and that’s it.

Lastly, did you all forget his god tier source if VR plant? The leaker whose never been wrong.
Genos track record is more then ok, it’s a relatively solid one, because he refuses to cover stuff without strong evidence behind them.
Banjo is a character who always pops up in fake leaks because the people who make fake leaks know that the people looking for potential leaks would eat that **** up so that literally means nothing.

Also I could have sworn VRPlant only ever leaked **** a day in advance

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
EDIT: You know what, I don't want to argue with you when you're like this. Pretend I didn't say anything.
I didn’t even see anything. I was watching the video @Taigiry linked me. So.... eh.

I need to get better at voicing my frustrations without coming across as unreasonable or angry. And part of that definitely means holding off on posting things till I’ve cooled down a bit. Should have watched the video before I hit post instead of after. I need to get better at thinking things through. I know at this point my apologies probably don’t mean anything but....

for what it’s worth, I am sorry. And I would like to hear what you have to say. But I understand not wanting to.

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 I had this video in my recommendations and considering you like to talk about that game, I thought it might be of interest to you? I haven't had to the time to really give it a watch yet, so I dunno how much of that is new stuff an how much of that has already been known.
Some of this stuff is new, most of the his developer quotes are news to me. Plus the original way crossover elements worked. But a lot of it isn’t new.

Man I really wish Sony would let someone try this a second time. And this time, you know, actually try to get in some of the classics.

This project definitely needs its own Sakurai. Someone who’s dedicated to the project, is a huge fan, and has enough sway at the industry to convince third parties to work with them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Banjo is a character who always pops up in fake leaks because the people who make fake leaks know that the people looking for potential leaks would eat that **** up so that literally means nothing.

Also I could have sworn VRPlant only ever leaked **** a day in advance
His banjo source wasn’t Samuel smash bro’s from 4chan, it was a Microsoft employee he verified, that’s a big difference and does matter.

and it’s usually a day to 3 days for plant. Which doesn’t matter when he still posts stuff that’s completely accurate and no one else mentioned

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
His banjo source wasn’t Samuel smash bro’s from 4chan, it was a Microsoft employee he verified, that’s a big difference and does matter.

and it’s usually a day to 3 days for plant. Which doesn’t matter when he still posts stuff that’s completely accurate and no one else mentioned
I still believe this is like saying "oh wow guys my secret source told me the SNK rep is gonna be Terry" and then get all smug when Terry is confirmed.

That'd imply this is soon if true but wasn't the costume bundle all 1 discord post?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Papa Geno's a pretty alright guy. He ain't no lax chris or blocked content

my main problem is that he can be a little biased to his most wanteds like Geno, and was also like this with Banjo before he was revealed.

Can't blame him too much tho, it's hard to separate wants from expectations

It's actually an issue with a good chunk of the community. It's the main reason why Grinch blew up after all

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Lucio's usually who I go for when the team needs a healer, but man I suck as him.
A good strategy when I use is this:
-if you see a critical health sign, heal boost
-if you're in a deadlocked team fight, heal boost
-if you win the team fight, heal boost to prepare for the next one
-if you are in a fight 1v1, heal boost

Otherwise, speed boost. Speed boost to the point yourself and help your team get there as well.

But, on the other hand, if your team had a Mercy, then speed boosting is something I'd recommend you use more because Mercy has the best raw healing in the game.

And only do Ult if 5/6 teammates or more are with you, yourself included.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be honest, I heard about Banjo being in around Grinch leak era, and I was given a wee bit of insight about the actual source, but I didn't believe it at the time.

Though, it was clearly accurate. It's just not necessarily exclusive to PapaGeno's.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still believe this is like saying "oh wow guys my secret source told me the SNK rep is gonna be Terry" and then get all smug when Terry is confirmed.

That'd imply this is soon if true but wasn't the costume bundle all 1 discord post?
The discord post is one list of them, but he genos was stating that the guy was also telling him lumineary( which I remember one of his videos before we knew about hero talking about a source like that), and a few other things.

Regardless, I’m positive of our smash direct being the first week of November leaks or no leaks.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
A good strategy when I use is this:
-if you see a critical health sign, heal boost
-if you're in a deadlocked team fight, heal boost
-if you win the team fight, heal boost to prepare for the next one
-if you are in a fight 1v1, heal boost

Otherwise, speed boost. Speed boost to the point yourself and help your team get there as well.

But, on the other hand, if your team had a Mercy, then speed boosting is something I'd recommend you use more because Mercy has the best raw healing in the game.

And only do Ult if 5/6 teammates or more are with you, yourself included.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, during Grinch leak, that isn't a point in his favor, you know?
he didn’t back the grinch leak
He made a video on it and how his source was backing it.
I understand nothing in this sentence

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The discord post is one list of them, but he genos was stating that the guy was also telling him lumineary( which I remember one of his videos before we knew about hero talking about a source like that), and a few other things.

Regardless, I’m positive of our smash direct being the first week of November leaks or no leaks.
How great would it be if they did it on the anniversary of the last Smash exclusive direct pre-launch?
*checks calendar*
Do they ever do directs on Fridays?

D

Deleted member

Why do people still give Papagenos any thought? When was the last time he was even right? Like, I'm sorry but the dude doubled down hard on the Grinch leak, I'm more inclined to believe ****ing Miahstorm over him
Yeah he got the Grinch leak dead wrong but he also had sources saying Banjo was in way back in October-November of last year and what would you know it? Banjo was in. (also was calling Luminary as the main Hero alt but take that as you will)

He also had the same source say that we'd be getting those Mii Costumes all the way back in July and it would be pretty hard to get Goemon and Team Rocket Grunt without having some sources.

As for the Grinch Leak thing he could've gotten it mixed up cause of his sources saying Banjo was in just cause he jumped the gun once doesn't mean he isn't credible at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom