• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think Crash and Doom Slayer are both perfect picks to end the pass. I'm down for Ryu Hayabusa too but he feels more like post-Pass if you ask me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yknow crash being #5 sure is weird considering all the hubbub around blizzard-activision

nintendo even pulled back on the promotions on overwatch. imagine just one day, out of the blue, crash just shows up in the game. no annoucement, no nothing, he's just there because it was too late to undo anything

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I wanted to google “Warui Sonic”. Like, of course the internet would have drawn Sonic’s Wario form. They’ve drawn everything else.... this is what I found.
A little strange but I’m struggling to see what’s so wrong with this when some people had posted legit fetish art in here before. This isn’t much worse than the Werehog.
The worst part of this is the hands, I don't ever want to see Sonic without gloves.

This is almost as bad as that weird Sonic Underground foot episode.
Quit overreacting, that’s nowhere near as bad as the...eeuugh.

We’ve already seen what gloveless Sonic characters look like in canon lmao.

In fact, we’ve already seen Sonic himself without gloves and shoes in Secret Rings when he transforms into that Darkspine crap.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
If Crash is fighter 5, how much would Activision/Blizzard get from the revenue split?

If it is higher than 50%, I’m without a doubt boycotting, no matter how much i wanted Crash in the past

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think Crash and Doom Slayer are both perfect picks to end the pass. I'm down for Ryu Hayabusa too but he feels more like post-Pass if you ask me.
:ultjoker: feels post-pass but you dont hear me complaining

they're probably all gonna get in, it's just a matter of when and who goes first

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Same. but I also feel like they’re picks they’ed save for something like TGAs. Crash, they probably could pull off revealing him in the direct. But doomslayer. They need to show him at something with a huge loud crowd.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Crash is fighter 5, how much would Activision/Blizzard get from the revenue split?

If it is higher than 50%, I’m without a doubt boycotting, no matter how much i wanted Crash in the past
Despite the ownership why would blizzard get any profits? They never made crash, it would all go to Activision’s division.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
yknow crash being #5 sure is weird considering all the hubbub around blizzard-activision

nintendo even pulled back on the promotions on overwatch. imagine just one day, out of the blue, crash just shows up in the game. no annoucement, no nothing, he's just there because it was too late to undo anything
Do it for Naughty Dog tho. I always feel the need to remind people that Activision wanted Naughty Dog to revise their design of Crash but they stood their ground and he went on to find major success.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I’m pretty sure Nintendo gets all the money. I’m pretty sure they just pay a huge licensing fee upfront and hope to make it back in sales. That’s my general understanding of how this works.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
It must be difficult keeping up with the costs if they want to keep the roster for the next smash game though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do it for Naughty Dog tho. I always feel the need to remind people that Activision wanted Naughty Dog to revise their design of Crash but they stood their ground and he went on to find major success.
You do realize that Activision bought Cradh and Spyro after his original owners (Universal Interactive) was folded back into the main company. Naughty Dog never worked for Activision. They worked for Universal.

StormC

Smash Hero
I already bought the Fighters Pass so no point in losing sleep over it.

But yeah I don't think third party companies get a slice of the DLC revenue. That would be difficult to do with the Fighters Pass.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I really hope #5 isn't anyone from Activision Blizzard, because if it is well I'm hoping #FreeHongKong gets spammed! And considering with what NoA did with OverWatch Switch right now I'm hoping there's a way to get a refund from the money used on Crash if he's in.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
You do realize that Activision bought Cradh and Spyro after his original owners (Universal Interactive) was folded back into the main company. Naughty Dog never worked for Activision. They worked for Universal.
Just misinformation on my part, then. I no doubt recall that they had to defend their design to their parent company. My point still stands, that Crash is Naughty Dog's poster boy and should be seen as such rather than an Activision property.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just misinformation on my part, then. I no doubt recall that they had to defend their design to their parent company. My point still stands, that Crash is Naughty Dog's poster boy and should be seen as such rather than an Activision property.
I mean..... yeah. But they don’t own him. They see none of the profit from his sales. They don’t even work on the series anymore.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I really hope #5 isn't anyone from Activision Blizzard, because if it is well I'm hoping #FreeHongKong gets spammed! And considering with what NoA did with OverWatch Switch right now I'm hoping there's a way to get a refund from the money used on Crash if he's in.
what, im gonna get 5 of the 25 from the pass back?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hope you feel better soon.
just slapped on a heating pad and put myself in bed. It was a wild ride.
>small pain
>took pills later because I thought it wouldnt be bad
>got stuck in bathroom
>pain got worse
>started having heat flashes
>starts shaking
>got dizzy

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I mean..... yeah. But they don’t own him. They see none of the profit from his sales. They don’t even work on the series anymore.
Right but if the revenue for a character's company works as you described it just a few posts ago, then there's really not much of a reason to have distaste for Crash getting into the game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Right but if the revenue for a character's company works as you described it just a few posts ago, then there's really not much of a reason to have distaste for Crash getting into the game.
except it's activision-blizzard

blizzard is the one who ****ed up but activision is still tied into this mess

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
just slapped on a heating pad and put myself in bed. It was a wild ride.
>small pain
>took pills later because I thought it wouldnt be bad
>got stuck in bathroom
>pain got worse
>started having heat flashes
>starts shaking
>got dizzy
That can help comfort you.
But if it gets worse, please see a doctor ok? That's worrying.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
The weather's gotten more cooler from where I live, my family will have to bring out the heaters eventually, everyone else doing fine with the change in tempurature?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

I've put down every Activison-Blizzard associated game since the whole Hong-Kong fiasco. (WoW Classic didn't last very long lol.) I'm just saying that if what that company gains from Crash's inclusion is a licensing fee, then the damage is already done. If they aren't entitled to sales revenue then there's no harm in appreciating or even purchasing Crash as a fighter.

Once again -- I don't understand how all of the money works anyways. Just working with my vague understanding, I'd buy the dude.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I don’t know. It feels to me like fireing someone because their husband was a criminal. They’re not the same thing, even if they vo-own a lot of assets and are legal partners, they still make their own decisions.
I've put down every Activison-Blizzard associated game since the whole Hong-Kong fiasco. (WoW Classic didn't last very long lol.) I'm just saying that if what that company gains from Crash's inclusion is a licensing fee, then the damage is already done. If they aren't entitled to sales revenue then there's no harm in appreciating or even purchasing Crash as a fighter.

Once again -- I don't understand how all of the money works anyways. Just working with my vague understanding, I'd buy the dude.
And what are you gonna do when all those franchises die and all those employees loose their jobs because you dropped their games?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If you don't want an ActiBlizz character in Smash because of the Hong Kong situation, that's fine.

If you want the character in Smash, that's also fine.

And what are you gonna do when all those franchises die and all those employees loose their jobs because you dropped their games?
This is a BS argument. With this logic there is no reason to protest anything. (also, not enough people are going to quit Warcraft to make a difference lol)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch that DLC fighter 5 ends up being Tracer the whole time.

Then have to wait on Crash, Doom Slayer and Ryu Hayabusa supposedly even longer.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I don’t know. It feels to me like fireing someone because their husband was a criminal. They’re not the same thing, even if they vo-own a lot of assets and are legal partners, they still make their own decisions.

I won't do anything. That's consumer sovereignty, baby. I dropped WoW Classic because I didn't care to put myself through the pain of a rudimentary progression system that demands I play the game as a second job. The bull **** they pulled with the prize winnings was just the nail in that coffin. Could you imagine if people made their purchases with individual workers in mind? That's just a side effect of the market. You're allowed to judge companies based on their product and how their executives allow the company's attitude and mission to be portrayed. Make that argument to those from AlphaDream who may be losing their jobs despite the fact that their company was never wrapped up in such a scandalous press issue.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you don't want an ActiBlizz character in Smash because of the Hong Kong situation, that's fine.

If you want the character in Smash, that's also fine.

This is a BS argument. With this logic there is no reason to protest anything. (also, not enough people are going to quit Warcraft to make a difference lol)
I agree the China needs to be stopped, but knocking down Blizzard isn’t going to do it. What exactly is the goal of boycotting the company? What will it achieve? How will it actually help anyone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Then have to wait on Crash, Doom Slayer and Ryu Hayabusa supposedly even longer.
i wonder if the events are so great that they would actually cancel DLC just because of blizzard loving winnie the pooh

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I won't do anything. That's consumer sovereignty, baby. I dropped WoW Classic because I didn't care to put myself through the pain of a rudimentary progression system that demands I play the game as a second job. The bull **** they pulled with the prize winnings was just the nail in that coffin. Could you imagine if people made their purchases with individual workers in mind? That's just a side effect of the market. You're allowed to judge companies based on their product and how their executives allow the company's attitude and mission to be portrayed. Make that argument to those from AlphaDream who may be losing their jobs despite the fact that their company was never wrapped up in such a scandalous press issue.
Now this is an argument that doesn’t make any sense.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Where's this talk of fighter pack #5 Crash coming from?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What exactly is the goal of boycotting the company?
to stop them from supporting china

What will it achieve?
having them support free speech like they said they would instead of being hypocrites like most corporations

How will it actually help anyone.
by supporting free speech and giving the man his goddamn money

this **** is my literal final paper for english, i know enough about boycotts to know that they're not worthless. perhaps you're just a pessimist.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I’m pretty sure Nintendo gets all the money. I’m pretty sure they just pay a huge licensing fee upfront and hope to make it back in sales. That’s my general understanding of how this works.

I REALLY hope what you said was true, because i really want Crash, but at the same time i really don’t want any of my money going into Activision/Blizzards pockets

D

Deleted member

Also, on that note I saw this mentioned over at Resetera: Tansut, who knew about Cloud and also knew ahead of time on Hero, hasn't heard of anything coming from Square.

Granted, as he said in the second line, just because his source hasn't heard it doesn't mean it's not happening. However, considering their track record with SE content, it may be best to keep expectations in check until we get more collaborating evidence.
This is a really good point. Thanks for bringing it up.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Considering all the hate Overwatch apparently gets nowadays (and ESPECIALLY after the Hong-Kong banning fiasco), I'm certain that scenerio would leave some people very miffed about it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
to stop them from supporting china

having them support free speech like they said they would instead of being hypocrites like most corporations

by supporting free speech and giving the man his goddamn money

this **** is my literal final paper for english, i know enough about boycotts to know that they're not worthless. perhaps you're just a pessimist.
Blizzard is not a subsidiary of China. How does boycotting them affect China in any way? Blizzard has a huge Chinese market so of course they don’t want to piss off the government there. But China doesn’t care if blizzard is behind them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom