• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's online the mobilw games done by seperate teams who have nothing to do with the main series

Terry only sounds different as his VA was replaced in KoF14, judging by the Smash stuff we saw it's the 14 dude
But like.... if The Pokémon Company hated micro transactions they wouldn’t let them be in the mobile games they approve and receive profit from.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Nah it’s Giratina.

Arceus (God) cast him away to a dark underground realm for his sins, he’s Satan.
Poor Giratina.

Saves the world in Platinum because the protagonist and pixies can't do their damn jobs, but still gets called Satan because he did one bad thing in the past and Arceus is an unforgiving jerk about it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Poor Giratina.

Saves the world in Platinum because the protagonist and pixies can't do their damn jobs, but still gets called Satan because he did one bad thing in the past and Arceus is an unforgiving jerk about it.
It’s like if the devil solved world hunger.

He did a great thing, but people would still call him the devil.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Am I okay?

BUSTAH WOLF!

Unrelated but who wants a story of a developer screwing up an App Update?
Better yet.

Oh yeah. It's all coming together

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Terry only sounds different as his VA was replaced in KoF14, judging by the Smash stuff we saw it's the 14 dude
I don't mean I'm worried about the specific VA, but rather the lines that are put into the game. Like I'm worried his taunts will be lame and voiceless, instead of giving us the opportunity for Captain Falcon-esque spamming of "ARE U OKAYE?!"

There's probably nothing to worry about, but taunts are so inconsistent in their quality that you never know.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So has anyone else played that one Kirby fangame that was titled "Kirby"? Like, that's pegit the name. It had some copy abilities, the music was annoying yet catchy being a short loop, and the game seemed to not have an ending?

It kinda had the color pallette of Kirby's Adventure, but more washed out.

Or am I going crazy.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So has anyone else played that one Kirby fangame that was titled "Kirby"? Like, that's pegit the name. It had some copy abilities, the music was annoying yet catchy being a short loop, and the game seemed to not have an ending?

It kinda had the color pallette of Kirby's Adventure, but more washed out.

Or am I going crazy.
I think I know what you're talking about, I remember playing it a long time ago as a kid. Also, you're not crazy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I’m fine with it. Bad English is better then no English. At least I can understand what they’re saying.
With KoF it's tradition, for Guilty Gear I have no clue what happened, most of the cast was excellent though people generslly say Venom was off, then came Revelator and they just got rid of the dub entirely. Though seeing how Arcsys Blue made an effort to dub BBTag makes me think Team Red wants to try again as they said they want to focus on the west and the lack of voices in all the trailers

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You can just look it up.
It’s not the same.

I can’t wait for the day we get universal translators that we just slide in our ears like Babel Fish. I never have to hear another non-English word again.
With KoF it's tradition, for Guilty Gear I have no clue what happened, most of the cast was excellent though people generslly say Venom was off, then came Revelator and they just got rid of the dub entirely. Though seeing how Arcsys Blue made an effort to dub BBTag makes me think Team Red wants to try again as they said they want to focus on the west and the lack of voices in all the trailers
Some traditions are meant to be broken. For the sake of better results.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It’s not the same.

I can’t wait for the day we get universal translators that we just slide in our ears like Babel Fish. I never have to hear another non-English word again.
Do you want to know how this sounds to a non-native English speaker?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you want to know how this sounds to a non-native English speaker?
Sure.

I don’t want to actually stop people from speaking their languages. If they have these devices, that’s all they hear. They never have to hear English. I don’t want English to be the only language. I just want to understand everything I hear on a day to day basis.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You know, I'm still surprised that I heard of people being legitimately upset about Terry being in the game. Not due to Terry's legacy or anything like that, just
e1be497a7ff27dbd61814fe04a5fd8b74a4222c6r1-628-871v2_uhq.jpg

how do you look at this and get mad
Terry-kofXIII.jpg

tell me this isn't the shape of an ideal person

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know, I'm still surprised that I heard of people being legitimately upset about Terry being in the game. Not due to Terry's legacy or anything like that, just
View attachment 242155
how do you look at this and get mad
View attachment 242156
tell me this isn't the shape of an ideal person
"Waaah waaaah Terry never adopted me so I'm jealous"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Kinda xenophobic.

I don’t want to actually stop people from speaking their languages. If they have these devices, that’s all they hear. They never have to hear English. I don’t want English to be the only language. I just want to understand everything I hear on a day to day basis.
But I like hearing different languages.

Sure, it's hard to learn new ones, but it's so satisfying to get fluent and understand people and books you couldn't before.

Not saying better translators wouldn't be great, but there are a lot of nuances in every language that you can't explain people who don't know it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Kinda xenophobic.

Sure, it's hard to learn new ones, but it's so satisfying to get fluent and understand people and books you couldn't before.

Not saying better translators wouldn't be great, but there are a lot of nuances in every language that you can't explain people who don't know it.
I mean.... you don’t have to wear one. I’d never force anyone to. I just want a thing in my ear that makes me only hear English. Not because it’s better, but because it’s what I know and my brain isn’t structured in a way that I can learn other Languages.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Kinda xenophobic.

Different languages make for a fun learning experience tbh.
klLA69fbqSiQGgezF6Q27-KU2TQlMXzTjbjH-GZCiVw.jpg

I remember reading this, having no idea what it meant, and having to look it up, and it was fun having a new understanding of it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Different languages make for a fun learning experience tbh.
View attachment 242160
I remember reading this, having no idea what it meant, and having to look it up, and it was fun having a new understanding of it.
Wait the joke isn't Gyro has a **** semse of humour and doesn't realize Johnny's sarcastic? Then what the hell did the pizza mozarella song mean? And the song about the days of the week?

MainJPW

M.T.A
I’m fine with it. Bad English is better then no English. At least I can understand what they’re saying.
That isn't always true. Engrish can be so bad that no one can understand and translate it. At least if it's in Japanese there would be people who can understand it and subsequently translate it because it would be in a coherent format.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I heard a good explanation of why Galarian Ponyta is Psychic-type and not Fairy-type: In mythology, unicorns are said to have the power to cure poisons and venon.

Psychic moves > Poison Pokémon

Poison moves > Fairy Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom