• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I can't wait for the HOES MAD memes of the next fighter.
I really don't think any other fighter would be able to beat Jonesy default dancing.

HOES MAD can feel a little forced if it's used for each and every character, but if Jonesy got in, then good God, HOES would be SEETHING.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wait the joke isn't Gyro has a **** semse of humour and doesn't realize Johnny's sarcastic? Then what the hell did the pizza mozarella song mean? And the song about the days of the week?
That's the joke for the reader, yes, but Gyro's joke has a bit of a language barrier. 4 is Shi in Japanese. 2 is the English two meant to sound like Tsu. 0 is Rei in Japanese. Put these together, you get ****surei, which is Japanese for "Excuse Me."

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I heard a good explanation of why Galarian Ponyta is Psychic-type and not Fairy-type: In mythology, unicorns are said to have the power to cure poisons and venon.

Psychic moves > Poison Pokémon

Poison moves > Fairy Pokémon
If I were GF I would've still made it a Fairy-type, but just given it an Ability that works against poison and/or Poison-types.

D

Deleted member

You know, I'm still surprised that I heard of people being legitimately upset about Terry being in the game. Not due to Terry's legacy or anything like that, just
View attachment 242155
how do you look at this and get mad
View attachment 242156
tell me this isn't the shape of an ideal person
I wear baseball caps occasionally and I relate to Terry's aesthetic. This man is living the life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The can smell the delicious scent of datamining coming close! YES!!!!

Then just gotta wait on what Vergeben says as he's the word to end it all!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Nintendo can be a dum dum at times, but I doubt we're getting much more out of data mining after the whole Brave kerfuffle

And just because Verge has a good Smash leak record doesn't mean he'll necessarily leak the next fighter

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Vergeben’s word isn’t really the word to end it all... He’s fairly reliable, I won’t lie, but he’s gotten stuff wrong before. I’m still gonna remain skeptical. A leak is still a leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Vergeben’s word isn’t really the word to end it all... He’s fairly reliable, I won’t lie, but he’s gotten stuff wrong before. I’m still gonna remain skeptical.
What Smash fighter did he ever get wrong?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m just referring to games in general. Even then, didn’t he mention Minecraft content? I haven’t heard from that in a while.
I think we'll be getting that eventually through Mii outfits.

Even then that's just one thing out of the other things he's gotten right.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
IAmShifty vouched for Brew and that he was impersonated by that 4chan post.

Sabi’s been acting weird, I feel more inclined to trust them than her tbh.

I think we'll be getting that eventually through Mii outfits.

Even then that's just one thing out of the other things he's gotten right.
Bendy-limbed Steve mii ain’t gonna feel so good. Fighter pls.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
It's not so much the case of Verge being wrong: it's that he's not omniscient and some fighters he may sim_ly not be aware of. But I would rather a leaker says nothing if they know nothing rather than s_out off constantly to try and stay in the s_otlight.

D

Deleted member

Again, I’m not referring to Smash content exclusively.
My point is I think Verge's word on who is the next fighter is pretty definitive by now. Everything else like when something comes, alternative content, or other games are irrelevant after a year of Vergeben leaking Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

It's not so much the case of Verge being wrong: it's that he's not omniscient and some fighters he may sim_ly not be aware of. But I would rather a leaker says nothing if they know nothing rather than s_out off constantly to try and stay in the s_otlight.
Okay. I get you.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My point is I think Verge's word on who the next fighter is is pretty definitive by now. Everything else like when something comes, alternative content, or other games are irrelevant after a year of Vergeben leaking Ultimate.
Yeah, it does pretty much seem set in stone a this point. I think I worded what I was trying to say pretty poorly. What I meant is that while his word seems definitive, I’m still going to remain cautious, as a leak is a leak, and it isn’t an official source. On top of that, the fact that we haven’t heard about the Minecraft content he mentioned in a while does seem a bit odd to me. Though it is possible Nintendo just hasn’t decided to reveal it yet or cut it.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Tell me what you think after playing a bit! I wanna know your opinions.
Well, depending on how things go, I won't be playing until later tonight. But supposedly it releases in about 10 minutes. I dunno how these pre purchase things work. All I know if that I pre purchased it and so, I get some legendary chest thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

Yeah, it does pretty much seem set in stone a this point. I think I worded what I was trying to say pretty poorly. What I meant is that while his word seems definitive, I’m still going to remain cautious, as a leak is a leak, and it isn’t an official source. On top of that, the fact that we haven’t heard about the Minecraft content he mentioned in a while does seem a bit odd to me. Though it is possible Nintendo just hasn’t decided to reveal it yet or cut it.
Fair. As a rule, you want two leakers saying the same thing for it to be reliable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its 100% unlikely but wouldn't it be hilarious as it begins having what Terry does he's suddenly knocked aside by Nakoruru and takes his place as 74. :joyful:

Be the ultimate troll move that'd surpass :ultkrool:reveal.

D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, depending on how things go, I won't be playing until later tonight. But supposedly it releases in about 10 minutes. I dunno how these pre purchase things work. All I know if that I pre purchased it and so, I get some legendary chest thing.
Apparently that’s also when the Halloween update drops. Guess I better get playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom