• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
:dr^_^:

Ironic.

Banjo can come home to Nintendo.

But Geno can't.
Banjo's owners are more relaxed and chill about sharing their characters. Geno's owners are slave drivers that will not let their characters see the light of day until they rot to their bones.
It's a small difference really.

D

Deleted member

The twitter account for Exquisite Games is denying that this was intentional and was most likely caused by someone without official say-so. Wonder what's up there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be honest, this leak doesn't make it clear Banjo is coming to Smash, but he's coming back to Nintendo in some way. Smash is just one possibility. Could be a new game and that's it. As somebody said before, hype responsibly.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm still rooting for NA to take it. But that one Japanese dude is fighting for his wife and ****, it's hard to defeat someone fighting for their family.

That said, Pro Tekken this is not. Been listening to some MVC2 music to make things more fun to watch Splatoon.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tfw even if banjo's coming back, kirkhope clearly isn't involved because he's spoken openly about banjo potentially joining smash multiple times in the past without any NDA limiting him

1560029215996.png

D

Deleted member

What if this is just a Banjo and Kazooie game instead of them being in Smash Bros?
I guess I will be happy if Banjo is in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys reckon if Banjo makes the cut there's gonna be salt over Steve not getting in? Not trying to rile things up BTW I'm just curious is all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Do you guys reckon if Banjo makes the cut there's gonna be salt over Steve not getting in? Not trying to rile things up BTW I'm just curious is all.
Yes.

And we do implore people to report instances of the salt being more than simply angry disappointment. I.E. various trolling and flaming, which already has happened related to both characters. I hope this dumb fanwar stops already. :/

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Was there ever a case previously of two potential newcomers being pitted against each other to such an extent?

Seems unlikely that any of the other fighter pass characters (assuming that one of them is Microsoft) will be made to form rival camps

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yes.

And we do implore people to report instances of the salt being more than simply angry disappointment. I.E. various trolling and flaming, which already has happened related to both characters. I hope this dumb fanwar stops already. :/
Duty noted then. I'll keep that in mind. After all I am trying to better myself as a user on here.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Was there ever a case previously of two potential newcomers being pitted against each other to such an extent?

Seems unlikely that any of the other fighter pass characters (assuming that one of them is Microsoft) will be made to form rival camps
The rivalry's really only due to 4chan blowing it out of proportion, tbh.

The Banjo camp's the 'boomers' and the Steve camp's the 'zoomers'.

Really, this **** got crazier than the Square debate.

D

Deleted member

What if this is just a Banjo and Kazooie game instead of them being in Smash Bros?
I guess I will be happy if Banjo is in.
Shinobi kind of makes that hard because of the Smashing good time hint. What makes that a certain hint for Smash is that he used it before for March 2018's direct.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Nope
This is probably the first time I've seen such a vicious rivalry between two Smash newcomers. It stopped being about Smash and instead turned into a **** flinging contest between the two groups.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Final splatfest just been announced: Splatocalypse - Chaos (Pearl) vs Order (Marina)
- all shifty stations coming back
- new gear
- 72 hours event

EDIT: They're also adding all the splatfest stages after the final one as a permanent feature in the game

bretty gud

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On an unrelated note. The only other movie left I'm really anticipated for this year is Ad Astra and Hobbs & Shaw. Maybe Crawl as well once I find out if the dog doesn't die.

Otherwise the rest of movies I just look forward too.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Like I said before, unless the original team is behind it, I do NOT want a new Banjo game.

I would honestly rather have him be a newcomer to Smash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At this point, I think fans are torn between wanting this news to be a about a Banjo game or Smash. It's possible it could be both, but that seems like a pipe dream.

Regardless, I'm staying skeptical toward it all.

The rivalry's really only due to 4chan blowing it out of proportion, tbh.

The Banjo camp's the 'boomers' and the Steve camp's the 'zoomers'.

Really, this **** got crazier than the Square debate.
I'd prefer Steve, but I don't see a point in arguing about it. First of all, one doesn't disconfirm the other. We could still end up getting both. Second, I don't even think age is what's separating these two fanbases. I've seen just as many people who are 16 y.o. and under wanting Banjo as I have with people who've played the game when it was first released. It's more of a battle of "popular character vs popular franchise".

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, I think fans are torn between wanting this news to be a about a Banjo game or Smash. It's possible it could be both, but that seems like a pipe dream.

Regardless, I'm staying skeptical toward it all.

I'd prefer Steve, but I don't see a point in arguing about it. First of all, one doesn't disconfirm the other. We could still end up getting both. Second, I don't even think age is what's separating these two fanbases. I've seen just as many people who are 16 y.o. and under wanting Banjo as I have with people who've played the game when it was first released. It's more of a battle of "popular character vs popular franchise".
I mean yes, but also no.

I'm talking specifically about the war on 4chan, which leaks out into the rest of the net by proxy.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
got a good feeling about smash news (e.g. presentation announcement) with all the **** that just dropped for splatoon

we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom