• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now that we can say banjo is basically in,

Can we talk about how insane it is that ridley, k rool, and banjo all got in the same game!?

All were massive names and have been requested for years. This truly is a love letter to longtime fans. The only one missing is Geno sadly. Still it’s amazing what Sakurai has accomplished

D

Deleted member

Can we talk about how insane it is that ridley, k rool, and banjo all got in the same game!?

All were massive names and have been requested for years. This truly is a love letter to longtime fans. The only one missing is Geno sadly. Still it’s amazing what Sakurai has accomplished
It warms my heart how the N64 still gets acknowledged in Smash Bros. K. Rool has the boxing glove and Crocodile Isle and Banjo is potentially coming home.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The thought of Banjo and Erdrick both being revealed for Smash next week is like a dream to me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the bear of stringed instruments has returned from his journey to the peak of swirling shapes

1560026511128.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's got a good setting so far. Story-wise, we don't know anything. Remember, settings-wise, Fates is not bad. But it was the writing and plot that made it spike down hard. And while the idea of a time-skip sounds like a good setup for a good story, it will all depend on the writing and how things are handled.
The leaker did give this story an 8/10 compared to Fates 2/10. Not exactly concrete, but still a good sign.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I still think Nintendo still has some Smash surprises not known to Insiders.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I feel like after Tuesday, some people on this site will either be really happy or really upset.

And I can’t wait to watch the reactions.

Hold on to your hats bois. :seuss:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I just hope if one or the other characters dont show up that the fandom of the character that gets in doesnt act like toxic mother****ers and rub it in the other fans face
In all honesty, if Banjo gets in this is absolutely what will happen. The Microsoft debates will never end peacefully.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I saw the full SMM2 tourney.

That 2-players level just made me realize the crazy stuff I could do with my family.

Just more reason to get this game, as if I didn't have already enough at this point.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh hey. Cable Guy's figure for Banjo is listed as Nintendo. Well that's great to hear.
Normally I'd say not to read too far into this, but...

Okay yeah even I'll admit that Banjo seems very likely right now. I guess Nintendo is probably taking fan demand into consideration for DLC picks after all.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In all honesty, if Banjo gets in this is absolutely what will happen. The Microsoft debates will never end peacefully.
Honestly, I regret adding fuel to this fire. It should have never been a debate in the first place. Both characters have merits that warrant inclusion, and both are practically incompatible with each other. Pro Steve arguments are not inherently anti-banjo. And vice versa. But we forced it to be that way.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I actually do hope Nintendo sent out leakbait to keep their next newcomer(s) under tight wraps.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I feel like after Tuesday, some people on this site will either be really happy or really upset.

And I can’t wait to watch the reactions.

Hold on to your hats bois. :seuss:
After everything that got built up? No doubt about it.
I'm still cautious about the whole thing being related to Smash, things are pointing towards a remake but I'm still not sold on it being about Smash.

I just hope if one or the other characters dont show up that the fandom of the character that gets in doesnt act like toxic mother****ers and rub it in the other fans face
It's not gonna end peacefully. Ever since the beginning of Ultimate's reveal it seems the Smash community loves to act superior and laugh at those who lost. It happened to Waluigi, it happened to Ashley, it happened with the entire grinch cluster****, and it's gonna happen at E3 as well.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Honestly, I regret adding fuel to this fire. It should have never been a debate in the first place. Both characters have merits that warrant inclusion, and both are practically incompatible with each other. Pro Steve arguments are not inherently anti-banjo. And vice versa. But we forced it to be that way.
I wasn't trying to call out you or anybody in this thread in particular. But there are a lot of banjo megafans out there who will be aggressively smug if he's in.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Don't count your chickens (breegulls?) before they hatch - Banjo's not in the game yet.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
After everything that got built up? No doubt about it.
I'm still cautious about the whole thing being related to Smash, things are pointing towards a remake but I'm still not sold on it being about Smash.

It's not gonna end peacefully. Ever since the beginning of Ultimate's reveal it seems the Smash community loves to act superior and laugh at those who lost. It happened to Waluigi, it happened to Ashley, it happened with the entire grinch cluster****, and it's gonna happen at E3 as well.
Yeah. There’s nothing saying it’s specifically connected to Smash outside of “Nintendo” so jury’s out on that.

And yeah, there will absolutely be some smug *** people gloating after E3. It’s just a matter of who those smug *** people are.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wasn't trying to call out you or anybody in this thread in particular. But there are a lot of banjo megafans out there who will be aggressively smug if he's in.
Be sure to report any particularly bad behaviour; I really don't want to see people going into the threads of other characters that aren't revealed to act all smug and full of themselves just because their character got in. (or for people to go into threads of characters that make it in and whine that their character of choice would have been a better pick)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh I know if Banjo or Erdrick don’t get revealed a lot of haters for either of those will probably hunt down fans and make fun of them.

Shroob

Sup?

Did something happen while I was asleep........again?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Banjo's in when he's OFFICIALLY revealed by Nintendo. I think this should just be plastered on the front page within the 24 hours before the Nintendo E3 Direct & potential Smash Direct.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can you just let these little Asian boys win Splatty Toon so we can move on to something a little more interesting.

Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom