• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We still do not have Terry's stock icon?? They added :nessecho:within within a day...
The year is 2020. MkLeo has dominated Evo 2020 with Terry, proving the stereotype of Mexicans loving KoF. Nonetheless, Smashboards has solely added stock icons for Byleth, Sirfetch'd, and Hammer Bro.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Make some room on that bandwagon, I’m hopping on.

:ultinkling: good stuff. Love me some Splatoon. Interesting play style too. Great way to start off Ultimate.

:ultdaisy: she aight

:ultridley: Glad he’s finally in after all this time.

:ultsimon: Don’t like him

:ultrichter: Don’t like him either

:ultchrom: Eh

:ultdarksamus: Eh

:ultkrool:*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*

:ultisabelle: She’s cute, but not really my style.

:ultken: Don’t like how Ryu plays, the same applies here.

:ultincineroar: Do I even have to say anything? You know I love him.

:ultpiranha: #PLANTGANG

:ultjoker: NO.

:ulthero: Very interesting moveset but way too busy for me.

:ultbanjokazooie: Hell. Yes. The best dlc character no question. Their moves, their animations, everything. Perfect. 10/10 almost as good as Incineroar for me.
As a birthday gift I am disowning you

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm bored, so I might as well share where I stand with the base newcomers.

You don't care about my opinions? Too bad! Y'all are getting them anyway.

:ultinkling: 10/10 Love the Splatoon franchise and happy to see these guys get included. Moveset is really unique as well.
:ultdaisy: 8/10 She deserved to get in just as much as Waluigi.
:ultridley: 10/10 My favorite newcomer. What was once impossible because possible, and his inclusion was more groundbreaking than any other newcomer thus far.
:ultsimon: 5/10 He's okay. Don't really care that much for Castleevania. I'll at least give him props for being unique.
:ultrichter: 5/10 Same as Simon.
:ultchrom: 2/10 My least favorite newcomer. Really would've preferred an Echo of a different character.
:ultdarksamus: 7/10 Don't like her being depicted as a clone, but she's in the game, so...
:ultkrool: 6/10 Glad he got in, but I think he's the DK character I wanted least between himself, Dixie, Funky, and Cranky. I feel like the latter three have more moveset potential.
:ultisabelle: 8/10 Would've liked her to be a tad more unique, but I'm just glad AC got another rep.
:ultken: 6/10 Harmless, but don't care for him.
:ultincineroar: 9/10 Not my first choice, but he's not a bad character. I actually wanted him more than Decidueye.
Here are me opinions: (Didn't want to do all of it.)
:ultinkling:9/10
:ultdaisy:8/10
:ultridley:10/10
:ultsimon:7/10
:ultrichter:7/10
:ultchrom:1/10 *insert whiny comment about another sword fighter.* (Stupid fan demanding...:mad:)
:ultdarksamus:5/10
:ultkrool:11/10 G O D L Y T R U M P E T N O I S E S
:ultisabelle:9/10
:ultken:8/10
:ultincineroar:10/10
:ultpiranha:9.9/10
:ultjoker:8.7/10
:ulthero:6.5/10
:ultbanjokazooie:12/10 G U H H U H!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we're rating newcomers, Chrom is easily the best, Daisy is easily the worst, and everyone else is somewhere in between.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hate it. Could have made an actual character into a fighter. Literally any character; I don't care. Bandana Waddle Dee, Krystal, ****ing Ashley for all I care. Hell, you could have just made Chrom a unique fighter. Conceptually, it irks me in every way.
plant gang rise up

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
GUN.png

I always wanted the G.U.N Truck from Sonic as a boss fight... (Would be awesome fighting a gigantic rampaging persistent semi truck out for your blood.)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
:ultinkling: - I haven’t played Splatoon, but it has my interest. They’re also cool.
:ultridley: - Not too big! Not too big! (I’ve only played the original Metroid and Super, but I liked them, am interested in the others, and Ridley is cool - except he ate Samus’s parents and he could eat yours, too)
:ultdaisy: - HI I’M DAISY!
:ultsimon::ultrichter: - I’ve only played the Castlevania on the SNES Classic; I suck at it. However, I love me some good, Christian rock music.
:ultdarksamus: - Cool.
:ultchrom: - Cool.
:ultkrool: - Breaking News: Gamer Disturbs Neighborhood by Blaring the Theme of “King K. Rool” from the Donkey Kong Franchise
:ultisabelle: - *fishing rod* (she’s cool)
:ultken: - He’s cool. Don’t really play him or Ryu much at all.
:ultincineroar: - You can’t handle the ROOOAAARRRRRRR! (I was initially uninterested in him, but he’s now my favorite Alolan starter alongside Decidueye (sorry Primarina); I was just neutral towards him beforehand)
:ultpiranha: - Feed me your stocks.
:ultjoker: - You’ll never see it COMIIINNNNGGGG (he’s cool)
:ulthero: - He’s cool.
:ultbanjokazooie: - *parties to B-K themesong* YES.
Terry - He’s cool. ARE YA OKAY?!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ridley and Terry are by default better characters than every other one added in this game. The rest are neat I guess.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
:ultinkling:: 8/10
I really dig Splatoon, so seeing these guys in the game was awesome! Lovely moveset too.

:ultridley:: 6/10
I really don't care about Ridley, but I'm glad for his fans. He's super fun to play, though.

:ultdaisy:: 4/10
She's cool, but I don't care too much.

:ultsimon:: 7/10
I haven't played Castlevania, but he's a very interesting character. I love his design.

:ultrichter:: 7/10
Same with Simon.

:ultdarksamus:: 4/10
I like her more than Daisy, but still not too much.

:ultchrom:: 5/10
I like Chrom, and I think he's pretty unique for an echo, but I'm still not super interested.

:ultkrool:: 10/10
I love how much emotion this character has, and how much care was put into him. I also generally like K. Rool.

:ultisabelle:: 9/10
Fantastic inclusion! Super fun to play as, and she's a generally great character.

:ultken:: 4/10
Not really to interested. He's okay.

:ultincineroar:: 9/10
Easily one of my favorite fighters. He's fun to play, and he has loads of personality and charm.

:ultpiranha:: 10/10
It's so stupid, I love it.

:ultjoker:: 10/10
Super fun to play as, and he has loads of fun details.

:ulthero:: 5/10
I'm not super excited, but he's fun.

:ultbanjokazooie:: YES.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I can't speak of anyone from a gameplay standpoint, but here we go:

:ultinkling: 8/10 Deserved to be in.
:ultdaisy: 5/10 If she wasn't an echo, 10/10 easy.
:ultridley: 8/10 Used to be against him for the same reason Sakurai was, but after he got in I just agreed.
:ultsimon: 7/10 Not that interesting.
:ultrichter: 5/10 I felt like he was unneeded at first. I've warmed up to him somewhat, but it's still weird he was the first third-party clone.
:ultchrom: 0/10 Bad choice.
:ultdarksamus: 5/10 Honestly should've just stayed an Assist Trophy.
:ultkrool: 8.5/10 Only newcomer in the whole game I was fond of.
:ultisabelle: 7/10 Wasn't that popular outside Japan, but I at least see why she was added.
:ultken: 6/10 He at least makes more sense than the other echoes.
:ultincineroar: 1/10 I didn't want a Pokémon, but if we did get one, Incineroar was one of the last ones I wanted.
:ultpiranha: 4/10 I'd be more forgiving if there was actually room for a joke character.
:ultjoker:6.5/10 Eh.
:ulthero:7.5/10 His moveset's unique.
:ultbanjokazooie:7/10 More requested than the other DLC characters.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Newcomer ratings? Hm, let's see...

:ultinkling:: 6/10 They're definitely deserving of their spot and fairly fun to play as, but I don't care for Splatoon.

:ultdaisy:: 5/10 Totally makes sense as an echo but I still prefer Peach.

:ultridley:: 10/10 I'm a huge Metroid fan and Ridley has been one of my most wanted characters for Smash since Brawl's announcement trailer.

:ultsimon:: 9/10 Castlevania is amazing and was such an obvious choice for a second Konami rep.

:ultrichter:: 10/10 Richter has been my favorite Belmont for years so I was stoked to see him make it. Rondo of Blood is so freaking good, man...

:ultchrom:: 7/10 Good to see him make it after being mocked in Smash 4. I still prefer Robin and Lucina over him, though.

:ultdarksamus:: 8/10 She's another one of my most wanted characters from one of my favorite games of all time, but I'm disappointed that she's just an echo fighter.

:ultkrool:: 7/10 I'm not big on him or Donkey Kong Country but I was happy for his fans.

:ultisabelle:: 6/10 She was pretty predictable and a "safe" choice for a new character.

:ultken:: 8/10 Always preferred Ken over Ryu in SF so I'm pretty happy with his inclusion.

:ultincineroar:: 5/10 He's fun, but I didn't like Sun/Moon.

:ultpiranha:: 3/10 The choice to reveal him after the Rex Mii fighter costume reveal made me livid. I've warmed up to him slightly, though.

:ultjoker:: 10/10 Persona 5 is amazing and you should play it.

:ulthero:: 6/10 He's a load of fun to use but I'm still unsure on what I think about Dragon Quest. I could see my rating for him rising as I progress through the series.

:ultbanjokazooie:: 5/10 Happy for those that wanted him.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Make some room on that bandwagon, I’m hopping on.

:ultinkling: good stuff. Love me some Splatoon. Interesting play style too. Great way to start off Ultimate.

:ultdaisy: she aight

:ultridley: Glad he’s finally in after all this time.

:ultsimon: Don’t like him

:ultrichter: Don’t like him either

:ultchrom: Eh

:ultdarksamus: Eh

:ultkrool:*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*

:ultisabelle: She’s cute, but not really my style.

:ultken: Don’t like how Ryu plays, the same applies here.

:ultincineroar: Do I even have to say anything? You know I love him.

:ultpiranha: #PLANTGANG

:ultjoker: NO.

:ulthero: Very interesting moveset but way too busy for me.

:ultbanjokazooie: Hell. Yes. The best dlc character no question. Their moves, their animations, everything. Perfect. 10/10 almost as good as Incineroar for me.

Five newcomers you love really ain’t bad. Most people get like, one!
my turn!

:ultinkling: honestly I keep forgetting they’re a newcomer. They just feel like they belong here.

:ultdaisy: she’s cool. No real impression. Just.... here

:ultridley: I still can’t believe they did this. Still grinning because they did it.

:ultsimon: I just get extreme satisfaction that my long standing belief that the 2nd Konami character would be Simon and not Bomberman was finally validated.

:ultrichter: really? Ok. Cool.

:ultchrom: ANOTHER Fire Emblem character? At least he’s an Echo.

:ultdarksamus: eh. Cool.

:ultkrool: yes! They really are pulling out all the stops with this one!

:ultisabelle: she’s not an echo? That’s weird. Whatever. Saw her coming a mile away.

:ultken: is my Dream Heihachi trailer actually happening?

:ultincineroar: no it is not. Really? Not Decidueye? Ok. Fine.

:ultpiranha: god I hope this doesn’t set a precedent of fodder enemies joining.

:ultjoker: really? Wow. Didn’t expect this one. Cool looking game he’s from. Plays really well too.

:ulthero: the epitome of meh

:ultbanjoandkazooie: https://youtu.be/HP8NiQj4TEg

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
At 25 I feel like I'm a relatively old _oster on this thread, though there are still numerous older users I can think of on here, and on SmashBoards more generally

Still a relative babby when it comes to Smash s_eculation though, as I didn't really get fully involved til Ultimate

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Someone just auditioned for a project I was holding, and then said they wouldn't record any lines if they were cast, and that they just want advice.

Ok then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom