• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
oh and by the way, Im thinking about getting my account deleted sometime soon or in the future. There is no reason for me to be here at all and constantly being ignored here hurts so Im thinking I might as well leave
Do what you feel best but don't think we've been ignoring you on purpose because we haven't. I'll be sad to see you go. Anyone for that matter to be honest. :(

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If i had to draw up a design for Titanus Bunyip who we didn't see in King of the Monsters, this is what he would look like: (I'm having it as male.)
A gigantic dingo-crocodile hybrid with shaggy white fur all over him and has webbed feet bit like a platypus with toxic spurs and a spiky tail, also large sharp curved teeth like a sabre-tooth tiger or gorgonopsid with said head having a T-Rex like appearance. And his body being serpentine with bright rainbow colours looking like a slinky, also his back has quills like an echidna.
(the rainbow colours is inspired by Rainbow Serpent from Dreamtime, and t-rex like head is based on the Burrunjor.)
Or either a gigantic starfish. (The Bunyip's usual form was a starfish.)

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
There was lewd within minutes

View attachment 241650
This is kind of off topic, but that Veggie Tales images just reminded me of how much I watched it as a toddler. It also reminds me of this one episode that scared me half to death as a kid, where this tiny piece of broccoli keeps having nightmares.
1570805316432.png

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If i had to draw up a design for Titanus Bunyip who we didn't see in King of the Monsters, this is what he would look like: (I'm having it as male.)
A gigantic dingo-crocodile hybrid with shaggy white fur all over it and has webbed feet bit like a platypus with toxic spurs and a spiky tail, also large sharp curved teeth like a sabre-tooth tiger or gorgonopsid with said head having large bull-like horns. And it's body being serpentine with bright rainbow colours looking like a slinky.
(the rainbow colours is inspired by Rainbow Serpent from Dreamtime.)
Or either a gigantic starfish. (The Bunyip's usual form was a starfish.)
You wouldn't happen to be this user now no?

https://www.deviantart.com/beastrider9

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This was just recently revealed.

E7DD85C4-2961-4726-BAB1-259950FED5CF.jpeg.jpg

The more I learn about this show, the more worried I get.

At least there seems to be a female traveling partner, even if her design is worse than literally every female character revealed in SwSh so far. Oh, and Yamper's there too, which is also cool.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
oh and by the way, Im thinking about getting my account deleted sometime soon or in the future. There is no reason for me to be here at all and constantly being ignored here hurts so Im thinking I might as well leave
I don't think anyone at any point is actively ignoring you, the issue last night was that you asked a question directed at people playing or who have played DQXI and the people in the thread at the time haven't, so people didn't want to spam you with things like "I don't know, haven't played it."

D

Deleted member

This was just recently revealed.

View attachment 241654

The more I learn about this show, the more worried I get.

At least there seems to be a female traveling partner, even if her design is worse than literally every female character revealed in SwSh so far. Oh, and Yamper's there too, which is also cool.
Who names their kid Go?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh yeah, today marks my one month anniversary with a Switch as well as Smash Ultimate as a whole.

Might as well give y'all my general thoughts on the base newcomers. Assuming I've now got some good time with all of em

:ultinkling: 9.5/10 An overall fun addition. Their move set really calls to me.
:ultdaisy: 7/10 A pretty harmless addition overall. She's cool. Still prefer Peach tho.
:ultridley: 8/10 You're basically playing as a Xenomorph. How can it not be fun?
:ultsimon: 8/10 Love his arsenal of weapons. Tho the trajectory of the whip can be a pain sometimes
:ultrichter: 8/10 Yeah, I like both Simon and Richter just about equally.
:ultchrom: 9.5/10 My favorite of the echos, and possibly my favorite of the Marths. Dat recovery tho.
:ultdarksamus: 6/10 She's okay.. though I still personally feel Dark Samus was better off as her own unique character. Or a semi clone at the very least.
:ultkrool: 4/10 Hands down, my least favorite of the base newcomers. He's just so... basic
:ultisabelle: 8/10 Fun for the most part. Still may prefer Vllager.
:ultken: 9/10 Prefer him over Ryu. Tho it definitely seems like a disservice that he's labeled as an echo, despite being more along the lines of a semi clone.
:ultincineroar: 10/10 I understand 'roar is a super controversial inclusion, but after playing thoroughly with him, I can see why Sakurai ultimately decided on him. He's just so much fun, and bursting with personality. My 2nd go-to character, right behind Corrin herself

Overall: 8.7/10 Not bad.. A lotta good ones. The only one I've downright disliked was K.Rool. Every one else is good at worst, phenomenal at best.
Hope to get the fighter's pass sometime by Christmas and hope to give my general thoughts on those + Plant, when fighter 5 releases

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Oh yeah, today marks my one month anniversary with a Switch as well as Smash Ultimate as a whole.

Might as well give y'all my general thoughts on the base newcomers. Assuming I've now got some good time with all of em

:ultdaisy: 7/10 A pretty harmless addition overall. She's cool. Still prefer Peach tho.
:ultridley: 8/10 You're basically playing as a Xenomorph. How can it not be fun?
:ultsimon: 8/10 Love his arsenal of weapons. Tho the trajectory of the whip can be a pain sometimes
:ultchrom: 9.5/10 My favorite of the echos, and possibly my favorite of the Marths. Dat recovery tho.
:ultdarksamus: 6/10 She's okay.. though I still personally feel Dark Samus was better off as her own unique character. Or a semi clone at the very least.
:ultkrool: 4/10 Hands down, my least favorite of the base newcomers. He's just so... basic
:ultken: 9/10 Prefer him over Ryu. Tho it definitely seems like a disservice that he's labeled as an echo, despite being more along the lines of a semi clone.
:ultincineroar: 10/10 I understand 'roar is a super controversial inclusion, but after playing thourughly with him, I can see why Sakurai ultimately decided on him. He's just so much fun, and bursting with personality. My 2nd go-to character, right behind Corrin herself

Overall: 8.7/10 Not bad.. A lotta good ones. The only one I've downright disliked was K.Rool. Every one else is good at worst, phenomenal at best.
Hope to get the fighter's pass sometime by Christmas and hope to give my general thoughts on those + Plant, when fighter 5 releases
I'm bored, so I might as well share where I stand with the base newcomers.

You don't care about my opinions? Too bad! Y'all are getting them anyway.

:ultinkling: 10/10 Love the Splatoon franchise and happy to see these guys get included. Moveset is really unique as well.
:ultdaisy: 8/10 She deserved to get in just as much as Waluigi.
:ultridley: 10/10 My favorite newcomer. What was once impossible because possible, and his inclusion was more groundbreaking than any other newcomer thus far.
:ultsimon: 5/10 He's okay. Don't really care that much for Castleevania. I'll at least give him props for being unique.
:ultrichter: 5/10 Same as Simon.
:ultchrom: 2/10 My least favorite newcomer. Really would've preferred an Echo of a different character.
:ultdarksamus: 7/10 Don't like her being depicted as a clone, but she's in the game, so...
:ultkrool: 6/10 Glad he got in, but I think he's the DK character I wanted least between himself, Dixie, Funky, and Cranky. I feel like the latter three have more moveset potential.
:ultisabelle: 8/10 Would've liked her to be a tad more unique, but I'm just glad AC got another rep.
:ultken: 6/10 Harmless, but don't care for him.
:ultincineroar: 9/10 Not my first choice, but he's not a bad character. I actually wanted him more than Decidueye.

D

Deleted member

Admittedly, this did not go as planned, but here's a gift for Noipoi Noipoi .

untitled.png

D

Deleted member

:ultincineroar: 10/10 I understand 'roar is a super controversial inclusion, but after playing thourughly with him, I can see why Sakurai ultimately decided on him. He's just so much fun, and bursting with personality. My 2nd go-to character, right behind Corrin herself

:ultinkling: The perfect newcomer to start off Ultimate. Splatoon was requested, expected, and is pretty fresh. I don't care for the games in the slightest, but it's rightfully in.

:ultridley: I expected him given how rampant his fanbase was in Smash 4. I don't care about Ridley, but it's nice for Metroid fans to get some closure.

:ultsimon: His trailer was fun and I love how they turned NES jank into a character. The visuals for Castlevania are great

:ultrichter: Did not expect him to be an echo but will welcome it.

:ultkrool: YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHH

:ultisabelle: Eh. I guess it makes sense.

:ultincineroar: Warmed up to him, but really weak way to end off Ultimate. Pokemon bias makes me not care for him.

:ultpiranha: Hate it. Could have made an actual character into a fighter. Literally any character; I don't care. Bandana Waddle Dee, Krystal, ****ing Ashley for all I care. Hell, you could have just made Chrom a unique fighter. Conceptually, it irks me in every way.

:ultdarksamus: Cool, I guess. Makes sense.

:ultchrom: I thought we got Robin in Smash specifically so we didn't have to get Chrom, and lookie here. He's an echo. Woohoo...

:ultdaisy: She looks better than she has in every Mario game. Otherwise, eh.

:ultken: We expected him but he looks cool. Perfect way to use echo fighters.

Not gonna lie, DLC really saved Ultimate's newcomer roster for me. It peaked at K. Rool but then I was left with characters I was indifferent toward, while DLC was just consistently high and I love every series represented conceptually.

:ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie: :ult_terry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We still do not have Terry's stock icon?? They added :nessecho:within within a day...

Anyway I enjoyed the inclusions of Ridley, K. Rool, and Ken. The rest I am neutral on but mostly positive. Only one I could say has negative vibes is Plant but even then it is fine.

Everyone is Here was the star of the show. And yes that includes DLC.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Make some room on that bandwagon, I’m hopping on.

:ultinkling: good stuff. Love me some Splatoon. Interesting play style too. Great way to start off Ultimate.

:ultdaisy: she aight

:ultridley: Glad he’s finally in after all this time.

:ultsimon: Don’t like him

:ultrichter: Don’t like him either

:ultchrom: Eh

:ultdarksamus: Eh

:ultkrool:*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*

:ultisabelle: She’s cute, but not really my style.

:ultken: Don’t like how Ryu plays, the same applies here.

:ultincineroar: Do I even have to say anything? You know I love him.

:ultpiranha: #PLANTGANG

:ultjoker: NO.

:ulthero: Very interesting moveset but way too busy for me.

:ultbanjokazooie: Hell. Yes. The best dlc character no question. Their moves, their animations, everything. Perfect. 10/10 almost as good as Incineroar for me.

Five newcomers you love really ain’t bad. Most people get like, one!

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
While I enjoy your presence in this thread and wouldn't want you to leave, it is ultimately your decision to make, so I'll accept whatever you decide to do.

I'd love to discuss Dragon Quest with you but I'm only on DQ2 atm. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom