• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh that reminds me, who saw papa genos video?

Something interesting is someone new contacted him and said their friend had info and has been right so far in the dlc. This person provided proof of a post they made that shows they guessed plant before he was shown. They say the last character on the pass is:
Rut habussea

Take with some grains of salt obviously but thoughts if true?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Three JRPG reps in one pass is a bit excessive, IMO.
To be fair, Smash 4's DLC wasn't much better in that regard. Of the Seven we got, Lucas and Cloud were RPGs, Corrin and Roy were from SRPGs, and Mewtwo was from a Monster collecting RPG. Only Ryu and Bayonetta were the exceptions.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
D

Deleted member

He’s an irrelevant dead character only kept alive through smash speculation.

Now Mallow? He’s goin places!
Yeah he's just some dead character a bunch of boomers want plus he'd just be a Mii Gunner echo. Mallow is so much better in so many different ways that Pinocchio dude is irrelevant.
Pinocchio, duh.
Exactly! He's just a random irrelevant Pinocchio rip-off.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Does it really matter what genre they come from? They're very different franchises and characters.
It still might be a bit narrow of a field for some. But I've seen plenty of people ask for quite a few RPG characters, but then say more than 1 fighting game character is too much of that. Something I personally disagree with. I could get behind certain characters if either their moves, mechaincs, stage or music are dope enough to support.

So that's all subjective. With that said, throw in my boy Jin Kazama.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah he's just some dead character a bunch of boomers want plus he'd just be a Mii Gunner echo. Mallow is so much better in so many different ways that Pinocchio dude is irrelevant.

Exactly! He's just a random irrelevant Pinocchio rip-off.
Yeah.

Good thing that he's got zero chance of ever making it into Smash. Nope, no siree.

D

Deleted member

Yeah.

Good thing that he's got zero chance of ever making it into Smash. Nope, no siree.
Yeah thank goodness. Smash is above characters like him nowadays anyways so keep this dude out of it as he has no chance anyways.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Lloyd is gonna be the most controversial pick if hes in, bar none.

On one hand, he's a character that has actually been requested since brawl

But on the other, he's gonna have the "anime swordsman" stigma
Doubt it. The Smash only crowd is aware of him, so it'll smooth over more than Terry's initial reaction from some people.

Llyod's cool enough, but he's not someone I'm terribly invested in. That said, because so many people wanted him in, I'd call him a great addition on that alone. Genre wise, a bit samey with Joker and Hero, but he's more of a Action RPG guy, so even that's a bit of a different niche, kind of like Mega Man.EXE.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really wanna see Activision great Crash Bandicoot like Mario and put him in every possible genre. Platformers. Kart racers, party games, sports games, heck even RPGs!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know nothin about Lloyd lol

Hope his moves are interesting.
He's voiced by Scott Menville, the guy who does Robin's voice for Teen Titans.

Three JRPG reps in one pass is a bit excessive, IMO.
If they are different enough, it shouldn't matter too much. But I'm inclined to agree to some extent. Lloyd would feel a biiiiiit redundant visually compared to Hero being very traditional JRPG protagonist designs. But considering his games have a similar style to Smash itself and pretty in your face and flashy, he should be fine.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Back when he was owned by Universal, that's exactly what they did :yoshi:
They did a party game and a kart racer and that’s it. I wanna see them follow through.

Although I’d rather them make a new Crash Party game rather than remaking Crash Bash.

And I want to see them go further beyond. Sports games of all kind, maybe even tapping into some genre’s Mario doesn’t use like wrestling, football, gymnastics, bowling, etc.

And a Crash Bandicoot rpg. Would be nice.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh that reminds me, who saw papa genos video?

Something interesting is someone new contacted him and said their friend had info and has been right so far in the dlc. This person provided proof of a post they made that shows they guessed plant before he was shown. They say the last character on the pass is:
Rut habussea

Take with some grains of salt obviously but thoughts if true?
I think he also claimed Geno would be the first post-pass character. edit: oh, no, he just said he'd be in Wave 2. I doubt he'd know later characters in the wave, though, so...

I'm sure PapaGenos has seen something from the dude, or at least has some reason to take him into consideration, but a credible dude already claimed Ryu Hayabusa and Plant is already here, so idk.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Looking at Llyod's moves again(thanks to Ivander Ivander ), he straight up does a Double Reppuken with swords. That's not bad. I would still vastly prefer a Tekken character, but I can respect that.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think he also claimed Geno would be the first post-pass character.

I'm sure PapaGenos has seen something from the dude, or at least has some reason to take him into consideration, but a credible dude already claimed Ryu Hayabusa and Plant is already here, so idk.
He had a post as proof from last October where the guys friend predicted Pirahna plant. So that was before he was announced or really known to insiders

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
gaia-v3.2_1570675519743.png

Oh. Okay. I just found Bubblegum the Loud Lil' **** Boy while I was playing a rom hack.

I just made a new game, like, ten minutes ago. What even. Lmao

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He had a post as proof from last October where the guys friend predicted Pirahna plant. So that was before he was announced or really known to insiders
Gotta say. Ryu Hayabusa, for reasons unfathomable to even myself, would be pretty anti-hype. He just feels too.... predictable.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Some fanart of Rolycoly's many evolutions i found:
Train 1.jpg

Train 2.png

Train 3.jpg

Train 4.png

Train 5.jpg

Train 6.png

Train 7.png

Motorbike.jpg

Motorbike 2.png

Motorbike 3.jpg

Turtle.jpg

Turtle 2.png
If i did my own evolutions for Rolycoly, here what they would be: (Might draw a picture of this on Microsoft Paint soon.)
Rolycoly->Minecart->Steam Train

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gotta say. Ryu Hayabusa, for reasons unfathomable to even myself, would be pretty anti-hype. He just feels too.... predictable.
How many people really predicted the DLC characters? In a real honest way? Hero was leaked, Terry was leaked too. Banjo was seen as only a dream by a good chunk of people, and Joker was practically the same. Most people were expecting Geno/Heihachi/Steve due to whatever reasons, be it fan requests, popularity in this region or that, marketing, relevancy and so on. I'd say only Banjo was seriously expected by some. With the others being kind of niche here. Even I only mentioned Terry a few times due to being more of a Tekken guy.

Sure, a lot of people are talking about Hayabusa, but that doesn't automatically make his chances better. And even then, I wouldn't recommend letting your interests in a character be predicated on how likely we think they are.

I mean, I like him because he's a cool ninja who does cool **** and has a major impact on games in two different generations, not counting spin-offs.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Didn't Scott only voice him in Tales of Symphonia? While his other appearances later would be done by Brian Beacock(who voices Monokuma from Danganronpa and at one point did Agumon)
Apparently Menville is a union voice actor. So if Smash guys can't be union actors, Beacock would probably reprise the role instead.

Or they could get someone completely new entirely.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Apparently Menville is a union voice actor. So if Smash guys can't be union actors, Beacock would probably reprise the role instead.

Or they could get someone completely new entirely.
Yeah Smash is non union outside of Brawl. Some union VAs can go uncredited like :ultpit: but some contracts require VAs to be credited with certain characters like with :ultcloud:. Beacock would likely be the one to reprise him here.

D

Deleted member

Imagine getting something like Bandanna Dee as the last fighter of course it's not gonna happen but it would be unpredictable and for the people who like him super exciting.

I personally would be fine with that as he would be fun, He would complete the Kirby cast and would give my nephew a character he wants. But for others it would be a very anti-climactic and boring finish.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Look guys, it’s Not Cuphead:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

(I actually like it, but, it’s basically a Cuphead reskin. Not because of the art style, but it’s got the same animations and finger gun powers...and seemingly the same basic premise, a giant boss rush...).

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Look guys, it’s Not Cuphead:

(I actually like it, but, it’s basically a Cuphead reskin. Not because of the art style, but it’s got the same animations and finger gun powers...and seemingly the same basic premise, a giant boss rush...).
Another game with a bunch of classic cartoon Disney wannabes, if you ask me. EDIT: Still good looking, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom