• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion(?), but I think it was a mistake to make the Ultra Beasts catchable. I'd have much preferred if they were strong, boss only monsters. By making them catchable and useable by a 10 year old like a generig Pidgey from Route 1, they kinda lost their appeal to me. The UBs just scream missed opportunity to me.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Unpopular opinion(?), but I think it was a mistake to make the Ultra Beasts catchable. I'd have much preferred if they were strong, boss only monsters. By making them catchable and useable by a 10 year old like a generig Pidgey from Route 1, they kinda lost their appeal to me. The UBs just scream missed opportunity to me.
You mean, not having Kartana in my party? **** that.

D

Deleted member

You clearly don't remember Arceus.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Isn't catching strange, rare and powerful monsters a huge part of Pokemon's appeal? How is catching an Ultra Beast any different from catching any other legendary?

I would have preferred if they used them as boss encounters more in the story first like that mini-boss Nihilego in the Aether Paradise, but I think it was the right choice to make them catch able in the post game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, this ten year old kid can catch God and the Devil, the Lords of Time and Space, the creators of the Land, Sea, and Sky, the Sun and Moon, Light itself, Good and Evil, whatever the Legendary Dogs and Birds were supposed to be, which makes me question on how this kid didn't send the Pokemon universe out of orbit or at least destroy everything.

D

Deleted member

I mean, this ten year old kid can catch God and the Devil, the Lords of Time and Space, the creators of the Land, Sea, and Sky, the Sun and Moon, Light itself, Good and Evil, whatever the Legendary Dogs and Birds were supposed to be, which makes me question on how this kid didn't send the Pokemon universe out of orbit or at least destroy everything.
So if you end up boxing the Lords of Time and Space, does that mean you consequently doom our reality by holding captive the only two Pokemon who can stabilize it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You guys think Blizzard saying Nintendo can use any OverWatch character for Ultimate is an indication we're getting closer to an leak?

D

Deleted member

Also yes, my hat is Magnificent. But how you can see it I know not. Are you spying on me?

You clearly don't remember Arceus.
Nice assumption there. The difference is that Arceus is a Pokemon, The UBs were marketed as those strange non-Pokemon beings, so having them act just like Pokemon in the end just devalues them and, by extension, the whole story a lot. At least to me. They even have Pokedex entries. Your Arceus comparison falls flat here, as it was never said to be anything but a Pokemon.

Isn't catching strange, rare and powerful monsters a huge part of Pokemon's appeal? How is catching an Ultra Beast any different from catching any other legendary?
Because UBs =/= legendaries. And the difference lies in marketing and how the story handled them.

D

Deleted member

So if you end up boxing the Lords of Time and Space, does that mean you consequently doom our reality by holding captive the only two Pokemon who can stabilize it?
Well, if the anime is anything to go by, even just catching the Kanto birds results in disaster.

D

Deleted member

Nice assumption there. The difference is that Arceus is a Pokemon, The UBs were marketed as those strange non-Pokemon beings, so having them act just like Pokemon in the end just devalues them and, by extension, the whole story a lot. At least to me. They even have Pokedex entries. Your Arceus comparison falls flat here, as it was never said to be anything but a Pokemon.
I mean, no. Pokemon is literally just a fancy way to name their animals. Unidentified otherworldly animals would still count as animals. Don't kid yourself here. They were always meant to be Pokemon by the developers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
We're still talking about that stream?

Wow, you guys are really passionate about these Digimon Blade and Buckler games.

D

Deleted member

I mean, no. Pokemon is literally just a fancy way to name their animals. Unidentified otherworldly animals would still count as animals. Don't kid yourself here. They were always meant to be Pokemon by the developers.
You're missing my point. The UBs were clearly marketed as something special and otherworldly, they even have fancy names. I'm literally saying that it is a missed opportunity that they're treated like Pokemon, when they had the chance to do something special and wasted it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think it would make you the Pokemon version of Thanos if anything. Just have
Dialga (Time)
Palkia (Space)
Arceus (Reality)
Mewtwo (Mind)
Regigigas (Power)
Zygarde (Soul)

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
VERSION 2!
Choose a character to join Super Smash Bros Ultimate for each of these companies!

EGAhTPqXYAAVmhU.jpg

D

Deleted member

You're missing my point. The UBs were clearly marketed as something special and otherworldly, they even have fancy names. I'm literally saying that it is a missed opportunity that they're treated like Pokemon, when they had the chance to do something special and wasted it.
I guess? I never really saw them as anything other than weird Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

So, my Ivysaur amiibo arrived and it's so cute. Gonna have to think of a name and then do some amiibo training, maybe. Also the BotW guardian amiibo is huge, damn.

Well, my head's starting to act up (yes, it happens a lot), so I'm out for now. Bye

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
VERSION 2!
Choose a character to join Super Smash Bros Ultimate for each of these companies!

View attachment 240905
Why include studios like Atlus, Monolith, Naughty Dog, and Insomniac when they're owned by companies you already listed? Why include Platinum when they don't own the IPs they work on?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's a move-set i came up with Shake King from Wario Land: Shake It!.
Shame that he's so underrated. Would love to play as him if there was a 6th Wario Land or either Wario World sequel on the Switch.
Piyano.jpg

(I always imagine his big beard being so soft and floofy.:chuckle:)
Note: Shake King is much more expressive and funnier, with his faces having an hilarious anime style to it.
Jabs & Tilts
Jab: A punch.

Rapid: Sereval rapid punches before finishing off with a roundhouse kick.

U-Tilt: An awkward hop while facing the screen.

S-Tilt: Lightly winds back, and throws a far-reaching punch.

D-Tilt: Raises his foot and slams it on the ground creating a small shock wave in front of him.

Dash Attack: Comically trips, and holds his arms straight above him, when he lands, he face plants, and his fists crash down in front of him.
----------------------

Smash Attacks
U-Smash: Awkwardly attempts to punch upwards, and succeeds.

S-Smash: Steps back and moves his arm behind himself while an after-effect of red appears behind him. After a moment, he steps forward and punches so hard.

D-Smash: Reels back, and while facing the screen slams a fist into the ground directly in front of him, creating two "shock wave" projectiles.
----------------------

Aerials
N-Air: A body splash, similar to DDD's one.

F-Air: A slightly awkward punch forward.

B-Air: Removes his helmet, and swipes behind himself with it before putting it back on.

U-Air: Sticks his arms out to his sides, and claps directly upwards.

D-Air: Spins himself so he's facing straight downwards, before throwing a punch in that direction.
----------------------

Special Moves
Neutral: Bumbleprod Ball

Side: Helmet Rush

Up: Leaping Pound

Down: Earthshaker
----------------------

Grabs & Throws
Grab: Outstretches both his arms and tries to snag an opponent.

Dash Grab: Lunges forwards with his arms out.

Pummel: Shakes the opponent so fast that they become a banana-shaped blur. (Coins come out.)

F-Throw: Winds back with opponent in hand, and throws said opponent.

B-Throw: Grabs the opponent by the legs and swings them around at ridiculous speed before sending them flying.

U-Throw: Smashes the opponent on the ground before throwing them in the air.

D-Throw: Throws the opponent on the ground and body slams them wrestler style.
----------------------

Final Smash
Fury of the Shake King:
Shake King chuckles evilly as everything but him goes darker in colour. After a moment of prepping a jump, he bounds into the top half of the screen. several energy balls form a circle around him, and he begins to fire a blue laser around the screen damaging opponents before shutting off for a sec and fires a gigantic version of said laser circling around the screen much faster.
----------------------

Idle Animations
1. Tilts slightly and scratches the back of his head.

2. Flexes both his arms before self fist bumping.
----------------------

Taunts
Up: Rears back while giving out a battle cry before slamming both fist into the ground.

Side: Does Wario's CLEAR! pose from Wario Land 4.

Down: A throne appears behind him and he sits down on it.
----------------------

Victory Poses
1. Shake King is seen lifting up Bloomsday, chuckling while said flower rolls it's eyes in annoyance and they both give a thumbs up at the screen.

2. Shake King pats his belly laughing a lot.

3. Shake King takes his helmet off revealing his large, yellow fluffy hair and swishes it several times before giving a wink and sticks his tongue out smiling.

Losing Animation: Shake King happily chuckles while clapping.

Victory Theme: Area Clear (From Wario Shake It!/Shake Dimension.)
----------------------

Stage Entrance
Shake King is seen coming out of the portal from the start of a level from Shake It!
----------------------

Animations
Walking: Wario's walk animation from Shake It!

Running: Wario's wheel-of-feet from Shake It! during the loading screen or entering a Max Fastosity Dasherator.

Running into Wall: Falls on his back annoyed and gets up while grumbling.

Blocking: Holds up his arms in front of himself

Dodging: Curls up into a ball and rolls backwards.

Crouch: Wario's crouching from Wario Land 4.

Crawl: Wario's crawling from Shake It!

Dizzy: Crazy Wario's stumbling from Wario Land 3.

Swimming: Does a breaststroke while swimming.

Drowning: Flails his arms and feet anime style trying to stay afloat.

Sleeping: Lays down on his belly with arms supporting his head and a snot bubble.

Jumping: First jump is doing the Bouncy Wario transformation, second jump is curling into a ball.

Edge Hanging: Hangs on the edge by one hand trying to lift himself up.

Edge Balancing: Gets a panicked anime expression while flailing his arms and feet trying to balance himself.

Chilli Curry: Flails around on fire with a freaked out anime expression. (Reference to Flaming Wario.)

Home-Run Bat Swing: Holds the bat like a golf club before swinging it.

Hit by Joker's Side Special: Has a grumpy expression on his face.

Stamina Battle Defeat: falls down face-first with his leg twitching.

Star KO: Screams out "DO'H I MISSED!" but in a deep voice

Screen KO: Splats on the screen with his face squished against said screen having a hilarious expression.
---------------------
Kirby Hat
Kirby gains Shake King's big beard, his eyebrows with Viking hat.
---------------------

Boxing Ring Title
The Electric Tyrant
And that's all of it.
Ignore the double spoiler.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
While UBs would’ve been fine as bosses I guess, I’m very happy they let us catch them. They could’ve done more stuff like the Nihilego boss in the Aether Foundation, though, but I think they still should’ve kept counting them as Pokémon and letting you catch them at the end of the game.

I don’t really care about the lack of UB bosses, though, but it would’ve been cool if there were more I guess. I guess you could count them as bosses even when you were catching them, they were kinda tough though you could just get lucky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m part of a project,

My lines are recorded.

The audio is edited.

And now I have to animate it.

I’m soooo nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom